GNR Confessions

bacardimayne

I think the demise of Guns N' Roses advent of New GN'R and Chinese Democracy leads me to believe that I am in a state of purgatory and have unknowingly been so for many years.

• Like 1

I love reading metaforcesaber's posts because I find his unashamed obsession with Star Wars is absolutely fascinating.

I once heard a co-worker state Paradise City was an AC/DC song. I didn't correct him because I didn't want to look like a fan.

• Like 1

November Rain was my favorite song in the world. When I watched the making of videos and found out that Axl was inspired by a Motley Crue song and some melodramatic self indulgent story about Axl called "Without You", it was pretty devastating.

I love reading metaforcesaber's posts because I find his unashamed obsession with Star Wars is absolutely fascinating.

I once heard a co-worker state Paradise City was an AC/DC song. I didn't correct him because I didn't want to look like a fan.

That's because you're not a fan. And this proves it. You pretend to be such a diehard follower of the old lineup, yet you don't even have the balls to tell your dumbassed coworker that the band responsible for Paradise City is GnR, because you're disgruntled about nuGuns?

• Like 2

Years ago, I once stayed up for like an hour or two, til 2 a.m. reloading a web page over and over again because of alleged links to posts made on ChineseDemocracy.com. I don't even remember what it was about. I remember I downloaded some screenshots of the secret posts someone had uploaded. I think that makes me a qualified loser.

Edited by InThisGrave

- I confess that - despite listening to CD songs almost daily - I haven't listened to an unedited version of any of the tracks from it since November 2008.

- I genuinely like and appreciate all the musicians that have been a part of GNR over the years, but there is only one that I wish was still around, even if it meant every other member except Axl had to go. He wears a bucket on his head.

- I'd drop $100 or more for a rocking studio version of "It Tastes Good, Don't It".

I have only watched the bridge school video and some of the dvd thing. I haven't bothered since RIR4 to watch the band on youtube. I find the band depressing even when they play happy songs.

- Chinese Democracy is neither terrible, nor breathtaking. But an exhausted sigh of mediocrity with only splashes of promise.

- After hiring DJ Ashba, he has dethroned Paul Tobias as the suckiest-of-the-suck-guitarists.

- Nothing past 1993 is GN'R. With that being said...

- The 2002 touring band had incredible potential, and could have taken over the world.

- Oh My God is one of the coolest songs of all-time, by any band.

- Contraband truly is the Appetite For Destruction of the 21st Century. Missing only The Ginger, and Izzy's ear for subtly.

- Slash's should drop the hard rock shtick, and do more Spanish, flamenco jams (á la Obsession Confession).

- It's So Easy is my favourite GN'R song. Adler, and Duff rip on it.

Lastly, I hope GN'R never reforms, unless they do a new album that builds on their reputation as artists. In essence, going the Use Your Illusion route, and evolving material that adds to their creatively-progressive senses. They would have to be hungry again, as opposed to recycling clichés, and becoming just another reunited rock band we rag on for being stale.

Edited by Roush
  • Like 2

November Rain was my favorite song in the world. When I watched the making of videos and found out that Axl was inspired by a Motley Crue song and some melodramatic self indulgent story about Axl called "Without You", it was pretty devastating.

4349522627_frabz_THATS_NOT_TRUE_THATS_IM

Seriously though, Axl was working on this for years, there was already a demo by '85, so I don't know how Crue could have really inspired it. Also, the Without You story just inspired the video, not the song.

If the Crue thing is true, though, I'll be devastated.

I was disappointed that CD sounded nothing like the original GN'R

I was disappointed that VR sounded nothing like the original GN'R

My hopes for recapturing the original GN'R sound are long gone.

Probably because it's 2013. Not 1987. Music is constantly evolving and changing.

Confessions:

- I religiously listened to CD when it came out. Still love the record, but bored with it at this point

- I initially loved the addition of Dj Ashba. Now I have mixed feelings.

- I never got into Breaking Bad.

- I used to appreciate Beta, but I've since lost respect fpr her and all of TB.

- I got a new puppy, cute little shitzu and it's a girl. I named her Beta.

- I believe that Buckethead is better than Slash and was our best shot at taking nuguns to a level that could have owned the old

- I love the 2002 vma performance

- I would love if Axl collaborated with Eminem or a hip hop artist.

- I believed when CD came out that music videos and a monumental promotion would eventually happen.

Edited by ARBeast

- I'll be shocked, SHOCKED, if Axl ever releases anything again - be it an album, DVD or even a scented candle.

- I'll also be disappointed beyond belief if that is the case. As much as I didn't like CD I want to see Axl out there in some capacity.

Edited by Facekicker

- I would rather see GNR release the remaining tracks of the CD sessions, than see a reunion with the classic line up.

-I like Slash and his solo albums

-I'm still hoping and waiting for a monster GNR comeback, but know it's unlikely.

-I want the current lineup to succeed.

-I'm not an Ashba or TB hater.

Oh... And I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him bleed, and got blood all over my favorite GNR t-shirt.

- I think GN'R shouldn't release Chinese Democracy - so it still would be one of those "mystical albums"

- I don't even like (or wanted to like) a lot of post Lies stuff, because I wanted GN'R to be raw, nasty and sexy rock 'n' roll like in the 80s

- Axl looked ridiculous on the UYI tour

- I hate the 10+ minutes long KOHD versions whit that stupid reggae part

- Izzy hasn't released a bad song yet... well, I don't listen his stuff that much, but all songs are cool

- Steven Adler is the definiton of rock 'n' roll. When he was gone, the energy wasn't right.

- Axl is like a little girl - "I'll go on stage when I'm ready; We could released a tons of stuff, but I'm not ready;...". Slash was right, just shut up and sing, you're Axl Rose for God's sake!

- Slash looks cool with his guitar on stage, you know... because he's Slash. Other guitarists are just some random guys.

- I got into Gn'R after buying and listening to 'Greatest Hits', but always disliked Ain't It Fun (and still do)

- With the way the picture of Axl and Slash looks on the inside of 'Greatest Hits' looks, I always thought it looked like some black guy was standing next to Slash. Took me a year or two before I realized it was Axl.

- I stumbled across the forum while looking for Gn'R pictures and joined under the name "AxlsShortsRule" as a joke

- I made a bet with friends in 2008 that if Chinese Democracy didn't come out that year that I would cut my hair. (Not only did I make this bet before any of the rumblings about the release, but my hair was passed my shoulders - I ended up cutting my hair anyway)

- I prefer Chinese Democracy to Appetite For Destruction and still think Appetite has more filler than CD.

- I base my dressing style off of a mix of Hank Moody from the show Californication and Axl

- I classify Gn'R as my favorite band but I hate talking to people about them, whether they like them or not

- If need be, I still defend Axl against people who don't really know anything about him and the band thinks he doesn't show up to shows constantly, etc.

- I don't care about a reunion

- I would prefer CD leftovers to be released, but would take any new song with Axl on vocals at this point