New Clip Discussion

Coma16

I personally have never understood why so many fans are crazy over OMG and Silkworms, I like any new GNR stuff as much as the next guy but really who would want these two more than other unreleased CD era material we have heard of? I want songs like The General and Soul Monster, you guys can have Silkworms lol. I have always thought that if Silkworms were officially released and sounded similar to the early versions we heard the average/casual music/GNR fan would laugh at it. Not that they should do that, but I always thought they would view it in a very negative light, that chained with the fact that I never liked it I'm glad we never got it at this point.

Anyhow so what's going down with this leak/clip stuff, who's behind it and what is its origin ? i listened to the clip on SoundCloud dont know if anyone else did, but that one guy that has it uploaded on his channel, is some of that other GNR music real? Like I think I heard a Blood in the water mix that said it had Ashba stuff on it, and it was kinda cool in a wacky way, I thought it sounded better than the apparent real one, idk I'm so confused with this remix stuff.

I personally have never understood why so many fans are crazy over OMG and Silkworms, I like any new GNR stuff as much as the next guy but really who would want these two more than other unreleased CD era material we have heard of? I want songs like The General and Soul Monster, you guys can have Silkworms lol. I have always thought that if Silkworms were officially released and sounded similar to the early versions we heard the average/casual music/GNR fan would laugh at it. Not that they should do that, but I always thought they would view it in a very negative light, that chained with the fact that I never liked it I'm glad we never got it at this point.

Anyhow so what's going down with this leak/clip stuff, who's behind it and what is its origin ? i listened to the clip on SoundCloud dont know if anyone else did, but that one guy that has it uploaded on his channel, is some of that other GNR music real? Like I think I heard a Blood in the water mix that said it had Ashba stuff on it, and it was kinda cool in a wacky way, I thought it sounded better than the apparent real one, idk I'm so confused with this remix stuff.

I want whatever they throw at us!

I appreciate what Andre is saying vis a vis siding with MSL. That being said, despite the fact we obviously agree on near enough everything, the shit you've pulled on occasion I.e pretending to have leaks, trying to gain either attention or trying to "play the horders" just screamed "I wanna be MSL". I'm not saying I think you're a brown nose, or even a bad guy, just that the history you've had makes it hard for people to defend you.

All that aside, I think you're a pretty cool guy :P big love man.

xXx

Edited by bucketmaster101

I appreciate what Andre is saying vis a vis siding with MSL. That being said, despite the fact we obviously agree on near enough everything, the shit you've pulled on occasion I.e pretending to have leaks, trying to gain either attention or trying to "play the horders" just screamed "I wanna be MSL". I'm not saying I think you're a brown nose, or even a bad guy, just that the history you've had makes it hard for people to defend you.

All that aside, I think you're a pretty cool guy :P big love man.

xXx

I have no problems with that. I will say this though, whatever i did in the past was because i wanted to get new music for everyone, not because i wanted to be seen as a hero or wanted to be MSL or anything of that kind.

I don't know if this has been posted on here yet, but DJ said this on facebook yesterday....

I know there's rumors of a Guns N' Roses studio version of Ballad Of Death that got leaked, I am here to tell you that the so called "leaked" studio version floating around is NOT the real Guns N' Roses studio version nor is it me playing guitar on it. Hope this helps!

@ Andre CC,

I have always been more on Axl's side. But what is this "information" you speak of???

I don't know if this has been posted on here yet, but DJ said this on facebook yesterday....

I know there's rumors of a Guns N' Roses studio version of Ballad Of Death that got leaked, I am here to tell you that the so called "leaked" studio version floating around is NOT the real Guns N' Roses studio version nor is it me playing guitar on it. Hope this helps!

Yeap. He was referring to the soundcloud cover that some people thought it was real. And he's not aware of the clip.

He says there's 0 copies of it, but i guess MSL would be number 0 then.

I was actually referring to the break up of the old band. Care to share any info or "theories" that you have heard. BTW I am serious, not trolling. Like I said, I have always been more on Axl's side anyways.

The information MSL gave you all here as well. The contract thing.

Perfect Crime and Garden of Eden are both easier to sing than Twat. There's plenty of breathing room in both of those songs but in Twat you only get a couple of really short places to breathe. I do them all three in my car all the time :)

Apart from the screams at the end, There Was A Time is pretty easy, IMO. I have a hard time with pronunciation with those two first songs. Too fast.

Sorry, I'm on the mobile site and didn't realize so many replies had been put im between my post and the ones I was responding to. Anyway, I don't see how you really hold out for Twat, I guess maybe I'm good at fitting in a lot of words without getting tongue tied and maybe you're good at holding your breath? :)

MSL...he presented valid proof that i was wrong, and i truly believe his theory is correct.

Enlighten us, please. What theory? How would it let see one things in a different way? Is there actual proof or just a theory?

There was a thread called MSL discusses GNR. It's all in there with proof as well.

Listen motherfuckers to the song that should be heard! Thrown down in the gutters, more than you deserve!!

I would love it if GNR did something like Superbowl or Letterman and just come out with Silk Worms :)

The whole idea of driving in a car and hearing silkworms on the radio would be awesome. Get into your car and just have "LISTEN MOTHERFUCKERS TO THE SONG THAT SHOULD BE HEARD" blaring down the road.

Perhaps I'm just sick of the forum dramas and it's turned me negative but here's my honest thoughts:

Better - We already heard these versions. They're fun. But there's no logical reason to be redoing 5 year old songs that had already been recorded over a decade.

If the World - The released version is awesome showcases Axl's great voice and songwriting skils. This version uncomfortably speeds it up to paste it over a queen drum beat. Sounds like the kind of remix an amateur DJ would do at a party.

Blood in the water - already heard this. Interesting vocals and potential for a song made pointless by pasting it over prostitute rather than actually developing it as a song of it's own.

Oh My God - the released version has some of Axl's most interesting lyrics to me. 13 years on and we're redoing the same song (surprised?) - swapping out noisy synth for noisy guitars and still drowning the vocals. Still, despite being the oldest sample on this list it shows a bit of promise to actually be good as we know those vocals are good.

Ballad of Death - sounds like it would be a good song. If Axl did vocals for it. Notable that there's none. But the band doesn't do guitar songs anymore do they?

This I love - beautiful "classic Axl" vocal - suspect it's an early demo. Rest of the production sounds loop based and pointlessly electronic. It's sort of like a tranny that's hot from the waste up. You know you are going to love that vocal but the rest of the production is going to ruin it. Waste of Axl's amazing singing and writing ability to set it to ringtone sounding backing music like this.

Shackler - this might be more fun except the beat it is set against sounds like the worst amateur beat of all time. It's embarrassingly bad. Sounds fan made. I hope it is.

Mi amor - see Ballad of Death. Apparently the presence of a guitar and that it was recorded after 2007 make it too hard to develop into a song.

Silkworms - sounds like it will fit in with My World and Of My God as an "industrial Axl" track. I actually like these so there's a chance this will be good. It's only been around 13 years since this was made though so we better keep waiting.

Going Down - we already heard this. Average tommy song made ok with some nice Axl backing vocals.

I think I better go get a coffee before I say much more.

To summarise my thoughts: Axl is one of the greatest vocalists in history and his songwriting is fucking amazing - how ever these leaks vindicate the position of the label if they didn't want him to pursue this "techno" direction. For all the guitar talent and singing talent in the band there seems to be a severe lack of programming ability. These sound like fans made them, they ruin the great lyrics of Axl, and minimise everything good about the songs. Axl is an amazing musician...but damn...it blows my mind how he can sing like that TIL demo then also think some of this stuff is a good idea.

Axl makes songs like OMG and SW and releases shit like Scraped and TIL. Why?

Save the best for last!

Only a total dick would ignore such a request.

When you wake up with 40 pms in your inbox I think it becomes completely reasonable to ignore them.

Same. I've been getting a ridiculous amount so I'm just ignoring them.

If the leaked version of This I Love was recorded between 2009-2011 then that's awesome! I'd like to think he re-recorded a few other CD songs along with some unreleased material. I don't think Axl records just one song and leaves.

There were so many great performances in 2010 that i think Axl realized he was where he wanted to be in the vocal department. I can only imagine his studio recording voice from this time was incredible.

^ I agree his vox at that time were amazing.

The question becomes though - why was this attention focused towards re-recording chinese democracy?

Seems odd. He'd already spent $12m dollars and 15 years or whatever doing it. Finally got it out. 2 or 3 years pass and he decides to re-do them *again*.

Hey - he's an artist i guess - but it just seems that there's so many other potential songs in the world that could use Axl's touch.

Perhaps I'm just sick of the forum dramas and it's turned me negative but here's my honest thoughts:

Better - We already heard these versions. They're fun. But there's no logical reason to be redoing 5 year old songs that had already been recorded over a decade.

If the World - The released version is awesome showcases Axl's great voice and songwriting skils. This version uncomfortably speeds it up to paste it over a queen drum beat. Sounds like the kind of remix an amateur DJ would do at a party.

Blood in the water - already heard this. Interesting vocals and potential for a song made pointless by pasting it over prostitute rather than actually developing it as a song of it's own.

Oh My God - the released version has some of Axl's most interesting lyrics to me. 13 years on and we're redoing the same song (surprised?) - swapping out noisy synth for noisy guitars and still drowning the vocals. Still, despite being the oldest sample on this list it shows a bit of promise to actually be good as we know those vocals are good.

Ballad of Death - sounds like it would be a good song. If Axl did vocals for it. Notable that there's none. But the band doesn't do guitar songs anymore do they?

This I love - beautiful "classic Axl" vocal - suspect it's an early demo. Rest of the production sounds loop based and pointlessly electronic. It's sort of like a tranny that's hot from the waste up. You know you are going to love that vocal but the rest of the production is going to ruin it. Waste of Axl's amazing singing and writing ability to set it to ringtone sounding backing music like this.

Shackler - this might be more fun except the beat it is set against sounds like the worst amateur beat of all time. It's embarrassingly bad. Sounds fan made. I hope it is.

Mi amor - see Ballad of Death. Apparently the presence of a guitar and that it was recorded after 2007 make it too hard to develop into a song.

Silkworms - sounds like it will fit in with My World and Of My God as an "industrial Axl" track. I actually like these so there's a chance this will be good. It's only been around 13 years since this was made though so we better keep waiting.

Going Down - we already heard this. Average tommy song made ok with some nice Axl backing vocals.

I think I better go get a coffee before I say much more.

To summarise my thoughts: Axl is one of the greatest vocalists in history and his songwriting is fucking amazing - how ever these leaks vindicate the position of the label if they didn't want him to pursue this "techno" direction. For all the guitar talent and singing talent in the band there seems to be a severe lack of programming ability. These sound like fans made them, they ruin the great lyrics of Axl, and minimise everything good about the songs. Axl is an amazing musician...but damn...it blows my mind how he can sing like that TIL demo then also think some of this stuff is a good idea.

Great post.

With one album in the last 15 years, Axl and the band should be working on the CD follow up. If Axl wants to experiment or go industrial or hip-hop or whatever - great. Release it as an EP, or on ITunes, or as a double-album, or in a box set, etc.

If this band produced original material and released albums on a normal basis, then these little remixes would be fun things to hear and talk about. If we were tired of comparing CD3 to CD2 and CD1, then a Better remix of new version of OMG would be interesting things to tide us over until CD4 was released.

What scares me about this leak?

When somebody says the band is going on tour in 2014 and we'll hear 2-3 "new" songs.............is this what they are talking about? Are the "new" songs going to be remixed versions of old songs? What would happen if they hype up new songs and then at the first show the new songs are Better remix, If The World remix and Shackler's remix.