New Clip Discussion

Coma16

All this drama for 15 seconds of bullshit, 5 of which we've already heard. Somebody shoot me.

This. +1

I cant even be fucked trying to find myself the track with the leaked clips. I'd love to hear new stuff, of course, but nothing here interests me in the slightest enough to warrant digging it up or harassing ppl via PMs. Let alone all this drama.

It's like a production of Hamlet on a GN'R forum. The betrayal, the scandals, the hidden agendas. All culminating in MSL's posts, and subsequent refusal to capitalise at the beginning of sentences.

i think it is more like game of thrones. msl is varys mygnr is little finger :lol:

Can anyone link to where HV said he immediately deleted the clips?

I can't find the link, but I remember the post where HV verified what clips MSL had and stated he deleted them.

I remember that as well, but I would have done the same to avoid all the begging; so I really can't hold it against him. :shrugs:

Can anyone link to where HV said he immediately deleted the clips?

I can't find the link, but I remember the post where HV verified what clips MSL had and stated he deleted them.

Yeah I remember too.

Just wanting to take a look at exactly what he said.

I'm still looking.

sometimes I get jealous that some members of the forums have a closer relationship with the band than I do, then I read all the arguments and backstabbing and threats and I think, maybe it isnt worth it. At least not in relation to forums.

• Like 1

sometimes I get jealous that some members of the forums have a closer relationship with the band than I do, then I read all the arguments and backstabbing and threats and I think, maybe it isnt worth it. At least not in relation to forums.

Indeed. But if you think the forums are bad imagine how it must be in the band!

I doubt that any of the accused here as being 100% honest.. I m sure each one is trying to save face for the work they put into how close they got to team Brazil.. There are no angels here..

Very entertaining and sad at the same time..

• Like 3

"If you’re running a fansite, you’ve gotta ask yourself who you’re doing it for. Are you doing it to get closer to the band? Or are you doing it to serve the fans? Johnny Firecloud [Antiquiet co-founder] and I ran a big fansite back in the day for A Perfect Circle. We pissed that band off so much, posting shit we weren’t supposed to, refusing to take said shit down until we got a substantial statement in return for the fans to chew on. But once you start censoring yourself, then you start becoming little more than an extension of the band’s cocktease “official ” site, only you’re not getting paid. You know what? No matter how close you may get to the band, you’re still going to be the fanboy (or girl)... unless you sell drugs too, I guess. The relationship you build with the fans is way more valuable in every single way. They’ll be there for you at the end of the day." - Kevin 'Skwerl' Cogill.

• Like 3

I doubt that any of the accused here as being 100% honest.. I m sure each one is trying to save face for the work they put into how close they got to team Brazil.. There are no angels here..

im starting to think the same thing.

"If you’re running a fansite, you’ve gotta ask yourself who you’re doing it for. Are you doing it to get closer to the band? Or are you doing it to serve the fans? Johnny Firecloud [Antiquiet co-founder] and I ran a big fansite back in the day for A Perfect Circle. We pissed that band off so much, posting shit we weren’t supposed to, refusing to take said shit down until we got a substantial statement in return for the fans to chew on. But once you start censoring yourself, then you start becoming little more than an extension of the band’s cocktease “official ” site, only you’re not getting paid. You know what? No matter how close you may get to the band, you’re still going to be the fanboy (or girl)... unless you sell drugs too, I guess. The relationship you build with the fans is way more valuable in every single way. They’ll be there for you at the end of the day." - Kevin 'Skwerl' Cogill.

Running a fansite for the fans does not = fucking the band by (illegally) releasing things that they don't want to be released. Don't get me wrong, I think it's ridiculous that there's a plethora of nearly finished material sitting on Axl's harddrive somewhere. But that doesn't justify someone taking it... The point of a fansite is not for it to be against the band by working every avenue it can to claw information from the group, that's childish. Grow up, and deal with the fact that "GNR" doesn't really tell you anything. That's the way it's been since the late 90's, and it's not going to change. If you don't like it, forget about new GNR. The band ended in 1996 anyway.

Edited by OmarBradley

There's only one question I have neglected to answer, simply because I was wrongly accused of a litany of other things following on from it. I won't answer it, because MSL is using the issue to run from the fact that he lied about absolutely everything else.

I've sat practically silent these past few days while he's painted a story about me and my staff trying to tear down his site and his personal life. If people realised the lengths he's gone to, even with everything they already knew about him... you'd honestly be amazed. Recently someone reported some threads to Google and got our AdSense funding cut temporarily. That same week, we were the target of between 50-100 spam accounts being registered per day (I can post the graphs and emails to verify all this)... Someone has been trying to apply pressure to our site, right at the time MSL starts yelling that we are trying to have HIS site shut down. Seems awfully co-incidental.

MSL heard a rumour that I hadn't deleted the track, and (in my opinion) subsequently engineered every single event that followed on from it, all based on the notion that I lied about deleting the track. He assumed I had sent the track to multiple people (I hadn't), and saw the opportunity to leak the song and try to pin it on me. The bullshit story about me "framing" him and trying to get his site shut down is the alibi he came up with and started talking about over a week ago.

The endgame? We are all talking about him - so whether he lied, or I lied, he did win. :shrugs:

EDIT: Here is my original post where I said I deleted the track... have a long, hard think about why I might have worded it the way I did? Maybe I suspected that the only reason I ever received the clip was because MSL would pull something like this one day? Maybe I'm not saying much now because he's notoriously litigious? http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198187-alright-mods-just-spit-it-out-already/page-17

Edited by highvoltage