Alright mods, just spit it out already...

Bobbo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MSL and the mods will continue to hoard shit so we all keep bitchin and discussing this crap simple as that. nobody will leak a fucking thing.

Man, I'd be hoarding too! I wouldn't want the FBI etc and dealing with all the legal shit because you want to hear a song I got.

So basically MSL is using this site to promote his forum and get the word out that he has songs to trade?

MSL received songs and made a podcast reviewing them. As he can't leak songs anymore, this is the maximum and the coolest thing he could do. Of course I would rather listening to the songs myself, this goes without saying, but as I can't, knowing information about them is ok. Seriously, I don't see why is he getting shit, he is doing something very cool for the fans, and nothing wrong.

He could have leaked them anonymously and then reviewed them on his podcast. He's in it for the publicity though.

It's pretty obvious, and he stated that himself once, that always when there is a leak envolving Guns N' Roses, the FBI goes straight to Skwerl and him. You really think they wouldn't be able to trace the song back to him?

MSL offered to trade the tracks he has to HV in return for a mod position on MYGNR and HV turned him down. MSL obviously isn't that concerned about the FBI if he's offering up tracks in exchange for a mod position on this board.

MSL: "I received 11 tracks."

HV: "No, he's not. I received snippets as a proof."

People here: "MSL is lying."

Can't take you seriously.

MSL is full of crap....

Why would GnR release remixes of 13 year old songs (besides silkworms and OMG) that were never successful in the first place?

Also, if MSL REALLY had this stuff, why wouldn't he post it for everyone to see?

Both Axl and Brain have openly talked about the remix album several times. It not only exists, but parts of it leaked on here.

Let's see, what has axl also openly talked about....

-CD coming out in 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07

-Releasing the Better Video

-Rereleasing AFD

-Releasing a CITR video

-Releasing CITR as a single

-Rehersing

-Fighting Vince Neil

-Bringing back Brain

-A summer 2001 tour

-A rap album

-CD being a trilogy

Even IF it exists, I doubt it was anything they've ever planned to release. At most it's probably just something they played around with with no plan on releasing.

lol what a dumbass... half if not more aren't even true.

Where did Axl talk about CD coming out in '96,'97, or '98?

When did Axl talk about rereleasing AFD? Sure, the new band recorded it, but who said it would be released?

Where was talk of a rap album? Shaq came down n jammed with band members, but Axl wasn't even there. They didn't do anything further.

Where is talk of a CITR single or video?

I believe it was Baz, who talked about a CD trilogy not Axl.

Brain is still in the band, as far as we know, as a studio member.

Next time use your brain before you post.

Let me rephrase this...

How many times has their been talk of something happening in GnR that hasn't came true.

BBA I am hanging with my chick tonight and going to a music festival tomorrow. I can meet Sunday or Monday.

Can't Sunday, maybe Monday. Will have to let you know. We'll figure something out.

[Edit]

Outta curiosity, what festival?

Edited by BBA

MSL offered to trade the tracks he has to HV in return for a mod position on MYGNR and HV turned him down.

Highvoltage is awesome.

Is this true?

I really wanna hear what HV has to say about the clips

Yes. MSL made the offer in the MYGNR chat room.

MSL offered to trade the tracks he has to HV in return for a mod position on MYGNR and HV turned him down.

Highvoltage is awesome.

Is this true?

I really wanna hear what HV has to say about the clips

Yes. MSL made the offer in the MYGNR chat room.

Now that's integrity.

Wasn't it powerage that MSL offered tracks to? If I'm not mistaken? I was actually in the chat when it happened, not sure if Randy even was.

No, he offered me tracks if I banned BBA.

Ha! And u weren't tempted?

Anyone else receive any "unsolicited" email with files?

Wasn't it powerage that MSL offered tracks to? If I'm not mistaken? I was actually in the chat when it happened, not sure if Randy even was.

That's a no brainer to me.

Ha! And u weren't tempted?

Anyone else receive any "unsolicited" email with files?

Not about to risk losing my position as a mod just over a studio version of Silkworms...that's a no brainer to me :)

So basically MSL is using this site to promote his forum and get the word out that he has songs to trade?

MSL received songs and made a podcast reviewing them. As he can't leak songs anymore, this is the maximum and the coolest thing he could do. Of course I would rather listening to the songs myself, this goes without saying, but as I can't, knowing information about them is ok. Seriously, I don't see why is he getting shit, he is doing something very cool for the fans, and nothing wrong.

He could have leaked them anonymously and then reviewed them on his podcast. He's in it for the publicity though.

It's pretty obvious, and he stated that himself once, that always when there is a leak envolving Guns N' Roses, the FBI goes straight to Skwerl and him. You really think they wouldn't be able to trace the song back to him?

MSL offered to trade the tracks he has to HV in return for a mod position on MYGNR and HV turned him down. MSL obviously isn't that concerned about the FBI if he's offering up tracks in exchange for a mod position on this board.

Uh, what are you talking about?

So, here's the recap on this, and the situation going forward.

• I received a single audio file containing sample clips of the 11 songs MSL has been claiming to have on a disc
  • They weren't long, but they had enough "new" material in them to be certain they were not fanmade
  • The file was not shared with any of the staff, and has been deleted. Whether you choose to believe me or not is up to you, I think my track record of honesty and integrity speaks for itself.
  • The "GNR Stuff" I referred to earlier.... I was contacted in relation to some fabrications that had been made about band member's personal lives by a particular user. Nothing particularly juicy to report there, sorry. The comments had already been removed.

Now, we've had a lot of people posting threads about MSL in the main section, and a lot of people reporting them, saying that they shouldn't be allowed. We're going to allow one thread in the main Discussion and News section for all things MSL... his podcasts, his news, etc. We've made it clear that this thread isn't to be used as a platform to advertise his site, and that if he wants it to stay, he's to post in it as a contributing member of our forum, rather than as a spokesperson for his own. This is the only way to make this fair for other fansites that are only permitted to advertise in Ain't It Fun. Any additional threads started about MSL will be merged into this thread. It's time people started treating him like any other member; ditch the insults and whatever else. If MSL bothers you, it's simple - don't click on the thread.

For the people asking what I thought of what I heard; I haven't heard any full tracks so it's a bit pointless commentating.

We want to make it very, very clear that the board does not support or condone the leaking or releasing of any unreleased material. It's damaging for the band, and is more than likely to delay the release of new music. Rumours and comments indicate that we stand a good chance of hearing something new within the next 12 months. From what I can tell, what was on this disc is in no way worth jeopardising the possibility of this for.

This is why I didn't share any of the material with the staff, and why I deleted the file. I don't believe that any member of the fanbase is more important or any more deserving of hearing new material before the rest of the fans; myself included. What I head was enough to verify that MSL has the 11 tracks that he claims, and that's it.

Thanks everyone - and sincere apologies for the delay. The team needed to come to a landing on how we were going to deal with "MSL" discussion in the main section going forward, and the timezones we're all in make that difficult from time to time.