The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

Well estrangedtwat has been a bit bitter the last couple of months after his FWB turned down his offer of a relationship.

I really wasn't even talking about him.

I just think the frustration with McCoy has reached critical mass by now, we're on 179 pages and if anything he has regressed and has still failed to take even one piece of advice. Only natural that people will lash out.

Well estrangedtwat has been a bit bitter the last couple of months after his FWB turned down his offer of a relationship.

I really wasn't even talking about him.

I just think the frustration with McCoy has reached critical mass by now, we're on 179 pages and if anything he has regressed and has still failed to take even one piece of advice. Only natural that people will lash out.

Makes sense.

McCoy, do what we say for 1 week. Your independent thought card has been revoked.

• Like 1

This pretty much sums it up.

McCoy, you're never going to find love unless you change your attitude, because you are the worst kind of sexist. You hide it under this facade of being 'the nice guy', but you don't view women as people but merely as a set of criteria to be measured against this ideal you have for a partner. You will never come across as genuine or caring because you're not- you're just looking for someone who ticks enough boxes to fit into the restraints that you have decided upon.

Stop treating dating like you're shopping for a couch, It's extremely insulting.

Great post, the only thing I disagree with is the "finding love" part. One thing I've learned through this 178-page charade is that he really DOESN'T want to find love. What he wants is to find a companion who can fit into his schedule, fill in the times when he feels lonely, make public appearances with, attend concerts and functions with, be by his side when he goes home to spend time with his parents, and help provide cute/funny stories to talk about on air between songs. Finding a woman is all about enhancing his image and career, not about "finding love". I honestly think the only two things he is capable of loving are his career and himself. :shrugs:

100% incorrect.

And what do you do on those weekends?

Nothing too special. Grab some dinner, usually.

Ok. So that's it, huh?

Here's some more advice you'll ignore. How about going to one of the bar & grill chains. (Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Robin, whatever is in your area) but instead of sitting in the dining room section, get a seat at the bar and order food there. So, while you're in a bar atmosphere it's not the typical bar setting.

Those places get a lot of activity on Friday nights when people go straight after work for happy hour, or on a Saturday evening for televised games. You'll find all different kinds of people there and it's an opportunity to be in a bar on a weekend but not too far out of your comfort zone.

Yep...those places don't bother me. Like I said, I'll occasionally go to the tavern down the street from me for trivia with some people that I know. Occasionally had to sit at the bar due to all the tables being taken and I haven't had a panic attack or anything. I'm usually fine if I'm with people that I know.

I don't think "accusation" is the right word for suggestion someone might be gay, it sounds like some sentence :) There's nothing wrong with being gay, McCoy, but if you believe it is then that might explain why you refuse to even entertain the possibility.

Have you asked the horse girl why she didn't want to go out with you? Until you get some honest feedback from the ladies who spurn you you are doomed to remain clueless and miserable.

I don't think "accusation" is the right word for suggestion someone might be gay, it sounds like some sentence :) There's nothing wrong with being gay, McCoy, but if you believe it is then that might explain why you refuse to even entertain the possibility.

Have you asked the horse girl why she didn't want to go out with you? Until you get some honest feedback from the ladies who spurn you you are doomed to remain clueless and miserable.

She'll snapchat me and randomly comment on my Facebook statuses. It's weird.

So have you asked her why she didn't want to go out with you? And don't accept no polite explanation, you need the honest truth no matter how unpleasant.

why do you assume the word "accusation" has some sort of negative connotation?

Because its very definition is negative:

accusation
akjʊˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: accusation; plural noun: accusations
a charge or claim that someone has done something illegal or wrong.
But let's not go there. You didn't mean it that way, I know. It was just a slip of the tongue, so to speak.

This pretty much sums it up.

McCoy, you're never going to find love unless you change your attitude, because you are the worst kind of sexist. You hide it under this facade of being 'the nice guy', but you don't view women as people but merely as a set of criteria to be measured against this ideal you have for a partner. You will never come across as genuine or caring because you're not- you're just looking for someone who ticks enough boxes to fit into the restraints that you have decided upon.

Stop treating dating like you're shopping for a couch, It's extremely insulting.

Great post, the only thing I disagree with is the "finding love" part. One thing I've learned through this 178-page charade is that he really DOESN'T want to find love. What he wants is to find a companion who can fit into his schedule, fill in the times when he feels lonely, make public appearances with, attend concerts and functions with, be by his side when he goes home to spend time with his parents, and help provide cute/funny stories to talk about on air between songs. Finding a woman is all about enhancing his image and career, not about "finding love". I honestly think the only two things he is capable of loving are his career and himself. :shrugs:

100% incorrect.

Please elaborate, because your posts to date seem to suggest otherwise.

It's not weird, it's what every girl does with her Beta orbiters.

Guest NGOG

Don't fucking ask her why she won't go out with you, that's the worst thing you can possibly do.

She is a lost romantic cause.

Then never make contact with her again - asking her 'why u no date me :( :( :( ' is absolutely pathetic.

Then again, I could totally imagine McCoy, cowboy hat in hand, asking exactly that.

Edited by NGOG

Don't fucking ask her why she won't go out with you, that's the worst thing you can possibly do.

Then never make contact with her again - asking her 'why u no date me :( :( :( ' is absolutely pathetic.

Then again, I could totally imagine McCoy, cowboy hat in hand, asking exactly that.

Why should McCoy care about being temporarily pathetic if it results in him actually understanding a thing or two about himself which might result in him finding someone to share his life with? Isn't that, like, more important than coming across as pathetic to a girl he might never meet again?

Besides, he would of course phrase the questions in a way so he gets honest feedback. "Why u no date me" wouldn't do.

Why should McCoy care about being temporarily pathetic if it results in him actually understanding a thing or two about himself which might result in him finding someone to share his life with? Isn't that, like, more important than coming across as pathetic to a girl he might never meet again?

Absolutely but... do you think she will tell the truth? I bet she will say something like "it's not you, it's me". And then she would leave totally either embarrased or scared.

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

He's just going to hear a diluted version of what's been said in this thread for weeks and months.

Maybe natural selection is taking effect and McCoy is the last of his kind. Solution: squat or deadlift