56th Annual Grammy Awards: Live Tonight

Broskirose

Fuck yeah Daft Punk! It's a shame they were basically only celebrated for Get Lucky but they must've been so happy to win the Best Album award.

I see Macklemore won the rap categories...not too happy about that. I'm not one of those total haters who doesn't think he should even be a rap nominee but I feel like the gay-rights song just shot him into a place where he HAD to win, even if it was over Kanye and Kendrick.

What did Trent/Josh/Lindsay/Grohl play apart from Copy of A?

My God Is The Sun

Would have been cool if they played a Fleetwood Mac song :lol: Imagine Trent singing "The Chain"...

IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW, YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME AGGGGGAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNN

Alessandro Cortini ‏@blindoldfreak · 3h

Hey @TheGRAMMYs : Way to say fuck you to great music by putting commercials over @qotsa ...unbelievable.

For real...

I demand a studio release of Copy Of A with Lindsey Buckingham.

He is on the studio release. It's his guitars from 1:53.

I have to admit, it was so cool to see Robin up there playing the Grammy's

I enjoyed the rock n' roll (duh)-

Macca, Ringo, NIN/QOTSA/Buckingham/Grohl, Metallica (first half of one was a bit rough though), I love Chicago but I thought their set with Robin Thick was just weird

I also really dug Daft Punk and Stevie Wonder

And I surprisingly liked Taylor Swift's song, and Pink/ the Fun Guy was ok too

Gary Clarke Jr's guitar solo was sweet too

I pretty much dislike 95% of rap so I did not particularly like any of the rap songs although nothing was too god- awful this year. And nothing against Mackelmore, he seems like a nice guy and I like all of his positive messages and calls for equality, but that whole marriage thing just came off as completely out of place and... just odd. And I am 100% for gay marriage.

Overall not a terrible Grammy's since nothing was too awful, and there was a bit more of a focus on rock n' roll. Kind of wish Zeppelin showed up to just accept their award so best rock album could have been aired. Imagine Dragons beating bands like the Stones was bullshit. I like Imagine Dragons but that is in no way rock. Also a damn travesty Sabbath did not get to play! Although they at least got some TV time.

Edited by ZoSoRose

Daft Punk crushed it tonight....nice....need to get their album.

You don't have it??!! BUY IT. NOW. In my Top 5 All-Time Albums (big disco fan, and this blows everything else disco out the water).

Cool to see Paul McCartney and Steven Tyler getting into it.

I missed it live....that was awesome....the entire crowd was into it!

The Grammys have definitely progressed in terms of "musical acts"...from how conservative they were years ago....half the acts I saw tonight wouldn't have been allowed on stage years ago..... :lol:

I guess they need to be competitive with the MTV Awards nowadays.