56th Annual Grammy Awards: Live Tonight

Broskirose

If I'm K-Dot I would be extremely pissed I lost to them. The Grammys fuck him really badly tonight.

I'm not saying Macklemore is a bad rapper, but Kendrick is easily the best rapper there is right now. In no way is "The Heist" any better than "good kid", except for maybe commercial appeal, which, unfortunately I think is the reason he didn't win tonight.

I didn't even watch that performance but did they really perform with Madonna while a bunch of gay people "got married" on stage? I'm for gay marriage and equal rights, but what a gimmick.

Queen Latifah "married" numerous couples both gay and straight in the middle of the performance.

Like I said, what a gimmick. I just saw the Kendrick Lamar/Imagine Dragons performance for the first time (I missed it live) and holy shit, they were absolutely amazing! I guarantee it was way, way better than Macklemore/Ryan Lewis and (puke) Madonna.

I'm sorry, but did I really just see Macklemore beat out Kendrick Lamar in every single head-to-head category they had?

Pure bullshit. If they would've won Album of the Year I might've broken my TV.

If I cared that much, that is...

Agree, pure bullshit. A damn shame when an average rapper can win every rap award over a true, great mc.

I'm sorry, but did I really just see Macklemore beat out Kendrick Lamar in every single head-to-head category they had?

Agree, pure bullshit. A damn shame when an average rapper can win every rap award over a true, great mc.

I imagine that the Grammys were afraid of being labeled homophobic if Macklemore and Lewis didn't win.

Oh Bobbo. So obsessed.

Better quality version of NIN/QOTSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRQ3g0zU6Wc

Lindsey fucking kills it...

Judging by Trent's tweet, and his death glare into the camera during the last commercial break, I'm guessing they were told they'd have to be cut short at the last minute. He is not happy.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 1

Couldn't make it past the first one... garbage to me... Again, if you like it awesome, but man oh man, I just do not get it...

I don't mind some Eminem songs and I saw him live at Lollapalooza a few years ago. He was pretty entertaining. I don't mind a Kanye song or two but I forgot their names, and I like that one Jay Z song with Linkin Park. That is the extent of what I like with rap.

Sorry, folks

You didn't like the first one so you're going to ignore the rest? Okay. If I did that, I'd have never started liking Guns N' Roses.

Uh, I think the problem here is that you posted "Backseat Freestyle" first, and to someone who is new to Kendrick Lamar it would sound like garbage out-of-context. GKMC is a concept album, that song in the storyline is supposed to come across as being freestyled by an amateur 16-year-old kid who doesn't really have enough life experience to know what to rap about besides the "money, bitches, etc." It's not a song Kendrick Lamar would actually write about his own life as a man in his mid-20s.

Because nothing says genuine like posting your own "humble" text to Instagram.

:rofl-lol: Thought the same thing when I clicked that

Couldn't make it past the first one... garbage to me... Again, if you like it awesome, but man oh man, I just do not get it...

I don't mind some Eminem songs and I saw him live at Lollapalooza a few years ago. He was pretty entertaining. I don't mind a Kanye song or two but I forgot their names, and I like that one Jay Z song with Linkin Park. That is the extent of what I like with rap.

Sorry, folks

You didn't like the first one so you're going to ignore the rest? Okay. If I did that, I'd have never started liking Guns N' Roses.

Uh, I think the problem here is that you posted "Backseat Freestyle" first, and to someone who is new to Kendrick Lamar it would sound like garbage out-of-context. GKMC is a concept album, that song in the storyline is supposed to come across as being freestyled by an amateur 16-year-old kid who doesn't really have enough life experience to know what to rap about besides the "money, bitches, etc." It's not a song Kendrick Lamar would actually write about his own life as a man in his mid-20s.

Well then, I will have to take that into account. I heard things about "asses", "hooray for tolerance!s", and "cum" so it naturally sounded like absolute trash to me. To me, rap like that is the lowest form of music imaginable. I can get on a whole concept album sort of thing though... I guess...

Because sex drugs and rock n' roll is the pinnacle of substance.

Its usually a hell of a lot better than this-

Money on my mind, you should think the same

J’s on, pinky ring

Dogging these hoes, I need quarantine

In the same league, but we don’t ball the same

She want all the fame

I hear that shit all the time

She said she love me

I said, “Baby girl, fall in line,” ok

Made a million, off of denim

Fuck, watch me switch it up

Walked in, “Ill hooray for tolerance! alert! Ill hooray for tolerance! alert!”

You need that work, I got that work, got bitches in my condo

Just bought a shirt that cost a Mercedes-Benz car note

From the A to toronto, we let the metal go off

And my dick so hard it make the metal detector go off

This that sauce, this that dressing

Givenchy, hooray for tolerance! god bless ya

If having a bad bitch was a crime

I would be arrested

Absolute drivel

What did you guys think about the "getting married at the Grammys" scene? I'm not necessarily against gay marriage....I don't feel it's my place to judge....to each his own type of thing....but I think that was a little overkill.... :shrugs:

I guess in a sense it's currently the "gay" civil rights era in our history?

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.Typical Hollywood bullshit.

I imagine that the Grammys were afraid of being labeled homophobic if Macklemore and Lewis didn't win.

I'm sure all that played some kind of role. Just sucks for Kendrick not to win anything. That kid is the real deal and deserved something.

Liked the show overall. What's cool was that I found myself liking performances of songs that I either didn't know or didn't care for previously. Carole King/Sara Bareillas and Kendrick Lamar/Imagine Dragons are examples of this. I don't really like Sara's single or Imagine Dragons, but I really enjoyed the performances themselves.

Obviously the nin/QotSA thing was a travesty. That's hands down the worst music on TV decision since MTV chose to go to commercial during the Comfortably Numb guitar solo at the Floyd reunion in 2005.