56th Annual Grammy Awards: Live Tonight

Broskirose

That guy looks like he's having a heart attack in the gif :lol:

Also if Taylor Swift won the Grammy for "Album of the Year" ...I don't even...

She's won it before.

By the way, I checked out those other songs. I can't really relate to any of it in any way and I really disliked the second and last one (not nearly as much as that first one though)

But I do have to say, the third song you sent had some very thoughtful lyrics. I can't say I like this sort of thing, or would ever choose to listen to any of it, but he has some very well thought out and meaningful words in there. You can tell it came from some place important to him.

I know I probably still sound like a huge cock, but for me to say that about a rap tune is pretty big.

Although, that being said, there were still a lot of lines I thought were awful in that too.

What is the difference between "record of the year" and "song of the year"?

I might be wrong, but I think Song of the Year goes to the people who wrote/produced it. Record of the Year goes to the person who performed it.

Song of the Year deals with the composers, Record of the Year deals with the performers/writers/producers/engineers.

It's basically them bullshitting for another category.

What is the difference between "record of the year" and "song of the year"?

I might be wrong, but I think Song of the Year goes to the people who wrote/produced it. Record of the Year goes to the person who performed it.

Song of the Year deals with the composers, Record of the Year deals with the performers/writers/producers/engineers.

It's basically them bullshitting for another category.

Record of the year = production team, engineers, etc.

Song = songwriter.

So if November Rain was nominated for both, the record award would go to the entire band, and the team of production.

The song award would go to Axl Rose himself. Maybe the rest of the band, but not the producers and engineers and techs.

The mix was horrible. The Daft Punk/Stevie Wonder performance was probably amazing, but the mix was so awful I could hardly hear it.

They also fucked up the NIN/QOTSA performance at the end. (The mix, I mean. Not cutting them off...)

Speaking of that, I read something about the Grammys cutting off Frank Sinatra accepting a lifetime achievement grammy :lol:

I youtubed it and saw Billy Joel interrupt his performance to tell them off. I wish someone would do that these days.

Wow! It only took about 40 + years for Led Zeppelin to win a grammy. Unreal.

I didn't bother to watch any of it. I HATE the grammys. I don't think anyone on the panel who votes knows any new artists in this decade.

I heard they cut Trent and NIN off. He was pissed and attacked them on his twitter. lol

I think these awards are a joke. Madonna needs to start dressing her age which is a middle aged woman over 50. Was she channeling Michael Jackson? What the hell is wrong with her? She's become a joke.

I'm sorry I missed Metallica. did they even have a metal album/group category anymore?

I didn't bother to watch any of it. I HATE the grammys. I don't think anyone on the panel who votes knows any new artists in this decade.

I heard they cut Trent and NIN off. He was pissed and attacked them on his twitter. lol

I think these awards are a joke. Madonna needs to start dressing her age which is a middle aged woman over 50. Was she channeling Michael Jackson? What the hell is wrong with her? She's become a joke.

I'm sorry I missed Metallica. did they even have a metal album/group category anymore?

best metal album stuff occurs before the show goes on the air the grammys have a dislike for metal music. The assholes didnt even include jeff hanneman in their in memorium segment.

best metal album stuff occurs before the show goes on the air the grammys have a dislike for metal music. The assholes didnt even include jeff hanneman in their in memorium segment.

they did include jonathan winters though!