56th Annual Grammy Awards: Live Tonight

Broskirose

Am I the only one here who actually likes Macklemore? :lol:

He's good for what he is. Definitely wouldn't put The Heist over GKMC or Yeezus though.

That's the thing. To me it's not about liking him or not. 2 guys are going against each other for rap awards. One is a decent rapper at best that makes pop songs. The other is maybe the best rapper to come along since Eminem and just dropped what most hip hop heads consider an instant classic. I don't even care about the grammy's but that just aint right.

• Like 3

Did anyone else think Metallica sucked dick?

I didn't. I don't think the piano added anything to the song (it took away from it imo) but they did a great job.

Yeah, they themselves were pretty on last night.

The mix last night was terrible and may have fogged my opinion. I thought they were totally boring and just off.

Agreed.

Only watched about half of it last night--will finish the rest tonight. Kendrick and Imagine Dragons killed it with their performance. Was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I wish Gary Clark, Jr. would've been able to perform by himself as well, but I still enjoyed what he did with Keith Urban. Looking forward to seeing the Daft Punk performance.

Bumblefoot was there, so Anyone knows if Axl was or wasn't invited? Last year he was seen on pre Grammy party.

I thought that was the Golden Globes, no?

Yes, you are right.

Well, I am sure Axl always has the opportunity to go if he wants. It just doesn't seem like a thing he would want to, though

It would be nice if we could see Axl on red carpet or audience even for presenting some awards

Am I the only one here who actually likes Macklemore? :lol:

I don't get the outright hatred of Mack. I mean sure, he's a pop musician but he doesn't have like, the cynicism of a lot of pop musicians. His songs are fun and about having fun, he's got good nostalgia lyrics, I love his music and production... He's a well rounded pop musician, and he's a really polite guy.

I mean, no shit Kendrick and Kanye are light years better in their craft... But Macklemore is one of the coolest pop musicians out there.

Plus his older demos are really good. He's kindof like Diet Atmosphere.

I don't see why he wouldn't have won best new artist of the year. Kendrick DESERVED it, but there was no way he was going to win it. But still, I think Macklemore deserved it too. He's accessible and fun.

That being said, Same Love is probably the most groan worthy song of the year. Either that or 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' by Taylor Swift.

Also there's no way he should have won best rap album. That REALLY surprised me.

• Like 2

Obviously the nin/QotSA thing was a travesty. That's hands down the worst music on TV decision since MTV chose to go to commercial during the Comfortably Numb guitar solo at the Floyd reunion in 2005.

Wait, that actually happened?! :lol:

I hope the producer was fired on the spot!

Also I said this earlier: I don't care about Macklemore, but he's clearly talented. It's also not his fault the Grammys decided to get on their knees for him and Ryan Lewis.

That being said, Kendrick is lightyears ahead of him in talent, good kid is WAY better than The Heist, and Kendrick should've won all those awards.

But when have the Grammys ever fucked the best (and most controversial) rappers of their time? (I'll give you a hint: Eminem twice, Kanye once, etc.)

Edited by Crazyman