Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

I heard Flea's bass fine and you could tell that Anthony was singing live!

I give Flea and Anthony credit for going shirtless! I mean it was freakin cold in Jersey that night.

I think the Peppers should have gotten to play at least one more song. I mean how long have the RHCP been around and will Bruno Mars be around for that long? I doubt it.

Show more respect.

Halftime isn't really that long.

If you said The Peppers should have been the headliner, I could agree with that.

Just read this on blabbermouth.net and of course all the replies were horrible towards Axl.

I thought it was funny especially about the micro chips in their asses. ha ha Hey you never know what new electronic shit they will invent next.

Anyway, so sick of Axl getting no respect.

Axl clearly has too much time on his hands... to think that in the time it took him write that jibberish he could have finished a vocal track....

Good use of your time Ax

There's already 4 albums worth of vocals...

Yea sure.... I'll believe it when those vocal tracks are hitting my ears

I found the article itself quite funny...

That said, I find it bizarre that he has a fanbase whose fans are starved for real updates, yet he takes the time to put this piece together. Strange.

This. It's getting ridiculous. It kinda sucks being a fan of Axl these last few years as nothing happening. I hardly post coz there's literally zero to talk about. Then again it's hard to keep talking about a rock star who is a virtual recluse when he's not performing. I respect he likes privacy but it'd be nice if he did an on camera interview at least once a year as he's really interesting and fun to listen to. It's been 6 years since ChiDem it's just plain weird there's no new album even in the works. Wish he'd take the time to go in the studio with the band instead of writing articles, although funny!

I found the comments more awkward than funny. I guess by telling ass jokes he's trying to appeal to the pre-pubescent Nu Guns fans who seem to be their main target audience now. Cool. Can't wait for the fart jokes next.

Axl has both a Slash and an ass complex. Total fixation on both.....wierd.

Jesus Christ, people here bitch if Axl doesn't talk or do any promotion; and he finally speaks and people are still bitching.

Who cares, it was a silly little column. I know it sucks that it wasn't some big news, but who really expected him to say something about new music out of the blue?

It's Axl, he's crazy, genuine, doesn't make much sense; but as a fan of his I appreciate all of the little things we get from him. It's better than nothing and sometimes entertaining.

• Like 4

A local rock station host here in montreal knocked axl for this comment today... he read the whole thing when i was sitting in traffic on my way home... said the comment was because axls jealous that gnr didnt get the chance, then went on to say he wouldnt even consider the current line up gnr, then said heres a song from the appetite for destruction line-up before he played paradise city... couldnt believe the guy threw that out there like that... first time ive heard a mainstream radio host take a shot at axl like that... guess axl opened himself up with the stab he took at rhcp... hes fair game now i guess... just hope stuff like this motivates him to break out the big guns... i can dream right?

A local rock station host here in montreal knocked axl for this comment today... he read the whole thing when i was sitting in traffic on my way home... said the comment was because axls jealous that gnr didnt get the chance, then went on to say he wouldnt even consider the current line up gnr, then said heres a song from the appetite for destruction line-up before he played paradise city... couldnt believe the guy threw that out there like that... first time ive heard a mainstream radio host take a shot at axl like that... guess axl opened himself up with the stab he took at rhcp... hes fair game now i guess... just hope stuff like this motivates him to break out the big guns... i can dream right?

Seriously? Your first time? That's literally the only thing I've ever heard a mainstream radio host say about Axl and new GNR. If someone mentions new GNR they automatically say well, that's not really GNR. It's like a reflex or something. I have nothing against that opinion, but it's just getting so old. Seems weird that it was your first time hearing that.

did anyone else find this really odd ? Like I had to keep reading further to figure out totally that this apparently is real.

Like I mean, our dear reclusive front man never goes public with anything even things of more significant meaning (like maybe stuff regarding his own band) yet the first thing he wants to talk about in a long time is this ???????

This just seems really strange, and I can't tell if Axl is taking a straight jab at the RHCP or just being really sarcastic like he can usually be. Either way until to clarifies himself I'm almost certain that the general world is going to take this really bad, like as in think of it in a really negative way of Axl. Maybe think he is jealous as some pointed out.

Edited by amacfantasy

His Twitter post has me laughing! The man has an incredible sense of humor. I don't think Axl would have played the air guitar or lipsync'd after reading his Twitter post. I remember the Mandela / pre Apartheid, the gasoline tire necklace murders, then the signing guy that was clueless at the funeral. I think I see how he is wrapping it all together with the fake music the murdering of the music, the likening of Mandela's funeral to our treating the Superbowl as a historic event... and it is just so politically incorrect (asking is it 'too soon?' to joke about Mandelas's death) and uber intelligent all at the same time... and I'm thinking, No, he did not just say that did he? And yes, he did! It's brilliant, hysterical and God love him for it! I know I do!!

So he's saying that even at a real historic event like Mandelas funeral the sign guy still messed up, so we can't take the half time show seriously?

Seems like Axl is laying the ground work for a lip synching world tour. All he needs is Dj, a drum machine and a copy of Live Era.

No, that isn't at all what I said. I have no idea how you came up with that. The person that provided the sign language translation at Mandela's funeral was a fake. He didn't mess it up, he was a fraud. I read what I wrote again, and I still don't know how you came up with that question. I am not seeing it.

Your last comment makes no sense whatsoever. I like and admire him.

I was just joking in the same way he was.

I put a question mark for a reason. So actually Axl was just bagging on the Chilis, not saying why so serious? Again I'm unsure.

My initial response was that Axl didn't like the unplugged pre recorded thing. But then he seemed to make light of it. But now knowing the sign guy was a fraud he just seems pissed that they did it?

Hope that the peppers don't tweet axl back about the last rock in rio show ... That would be a cheep shot

Even if his voice sucks sometimes, at least it real.

did anyone else find this really odd ? Like I had to keep reading further to figure out totally that this apparently is real.

Like I mean, our dear reclusive front man never goes public with anything even things of more significant meaning (like maybe stuff regarding his own band) yet the first thing he wants to talk about in a long time is this ???????

This just seems really strange, and I can't tell if Axl is taking a straight jab at the RHCP or just being really sarcastic like he can usually be. Either way until to clarifies himself I'm almost certain that the general world is going to take this really bad, like as in think of it in a really negative way of Axl. Maybe think he is jealous as some pointed out.

Do you think he's a fan of Chilis and didn't like to see them do it? Or the SB chose Chilis over GNR then they mail it in, unleashing the indecipherable wrath of Axl. Or it's satire of the highest ironic sarcasm.