Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

I think don't some people realize how short halftime is. There would be no time.

By the time the band got set up, halftime would be over.

Indeed, an NFL halftime is only around 12 minutes long, not including commercials and whatnot. I imagine this was extended for the SB, but even then that really isn't even enough time

Why would the Peppers betray Axl like that?

I asked the same thing to my minister at church last week.

Why?! WHY would they betray Axl by playing with Slash?!

It's just yet another example of how people are trying to hold Axl back. Add the Peppers to the list of people who need to apologize to Axl for selling out.

I think don't some people realize how short halftime is. There would be no time.

By the time the band got set up, halftime would be over.

Indeed, an NFL halftime is only around 12 minutes long, not including commercials and whatnot. I imagine this was extended for the SB, but even then that really isn't even enough time

I believe they have about 15 minutes to set it all up. The halftime break in SB is almost 45 mins.

Guest cbgnr666

Honestly just think they were scared they would bomb in front of a huge crowd and a massive television audience, everything else is an excuse.

Edited by cbgnr666

Honestly just think they were scared they would bomb in front of a huge crowd and a massive television audience, everything else is an excuse.

I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers but come on, this is an international touring act with well over 20 years of experience playing live, sometimes to much bigger crowds than the Super Bowl, pretty ridiculous to assume they were "scared"

• Like 1

The NFL feared Bruno mars was gonna bomb

I don't believe that for a second. The NFL, as a league, is pretty arrogant.

I don't think they too much care about the halftime show, as much outsiders do.

They know they have top notch product, so they can do whatever they want.

Wouldn't surprise if next year's act was Micheal Bolton.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest cbgnr666

I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers but come on, this is an international touring act with well over 20 years of experience playing live, sometimes to much bigger crowds than the Super Bowl, pretty ridiculous to assume they were "scared"

They've never had a bigger audience,ever.Over 100 million viewers "not sure the exact number" but it was a US ratings record, watching from home,plus the large stadium crowd."Scared" of choking and the aftermath or they would have played live.

Edited by cbgnr666

I just think the halftime having gone back to pop stars, they already decided it was going to be a "taped in rehearsals" halftime. Bruno wasn't going to say no if he only has 2 albums to his name and has a potential billion people watching the show. RHCPs just went with the flow of the show and Flea couldn't bring himself to pretend to play the day of the event. I don't think he undermined the show with what he did. He put more energy into the jumps than his playing, not bad for a guy Axl's age.

So Axl was trying to prove the Chilis are frauds but really there's no time to really do it live so its a non issue.

Or Axl was joking and the media continue their lazy crucifixion of Axl.

Wait. What?

How is Axl being mistreated by the media here??