Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

"butthurt," jeez, what is the age and level of education of the posters in this thread?

Maybe you should worry more about applying the salve that can ease the pain of your flaming anus than you should about other people's age and education. It would definitely relieve some of your angst. Hmmm....angst? Isn't that for teenagers?

Such clever comebacks. I don't know how I can compete with jabs like these.
Cretainly not with something like that, ^.
  • Like 1

"butthurt," jeez, what is the age and level of education of the posters in this thread?

Maybe you should worry more about applying the salve that can ease the pain of your flaming anus than you should about other people's age and education. It would definitely relieve some of your angst. Hmmm....angst? Isn't that for teenagers?
Cretainly not with something like that, ^.

Oh, I get it. Instead of saying "certainly" you said "cretainly," like I'm a cretin. That is just so clever! Has the staff at the Tonight Show called you about possibly writing for Fallon's new show? It would be a shame if your hilarious wit was limited to this message board.

Edited by RichardNixon

Cretainly not with something like that, ^.Oh, I get it. Instead of saying "certainly" you said "cretainly," like I'm a cretin. That is just so clever! Has the staff at the Tonight Show called you about possibly writing for Fallon's new show? It would be a shame if your hilarious wit was limited to this message board.Of course my limited wit would seem impressive to a halfwit such as yourself, but I'm not interested in spreading my love to the night time talk show watching morons out there. You can be my lackey and spread the word that I'm here though. Get on it.
  • Like 1

Axl will always be the bad guy, always was and always will be. Doesnt matter how he looks or sounds. He could cure world hunger and people would still try and rip him apart.

Funny how people can take shots at him and its okay, but when he makes a comment about a.band not even actually performing live, in a joking manner, it gets blown up.

Say what u will about him, but at least hes always sang live, even if hes had a way off night.

The Peppers should be ashamed of themselves. Its pretty fuckin sad that this day in age artists can get up on stage and lipsync or play to a prerecorded track and it be accepted as okay. Whether its the superbowl or a concert. Charge 80 to 100 bucks a ticket u better be live as far as im concerned.

Edited by ChineseIRS

Axl will always be the bad guy, always was and always will be. Doesnt matter how he looks or sounds. He could cure world hunger and people would still try and rip him apart.

Funny how people can take shots at him and its okay, but when he makes a comment about a.band not even actually performing live, in a joking manner, it gets blown up.

Drama queen much?

The entire world is out to get Axl? When people post positive reviews of his shows......well, that doesn't really fit into your rant about people trying to rip him apart. CD got pretty good critical acclaim. Lots of people on this forum are positive 24/7 about him.

If Axl cured world hunger then he would win a nobel peace prize and be on the cover of every major magazine in the world as Man Of The Year.

And it is funny, isn't it. In your world - Axl is allowed to make jokes and speak his mind.......but the rest of us aren't allowed to do the same thing. Ya, that is pretty funny.

People like you that play the woe-is-me card are just as bad as the people who come here just to cupcake Axl.

Who would have thought that when a fat, washed up rock star who hasn't done anything noteworthy in two decades takes incoherent shots at the band chosen for the Super Bowl halftime show, the public might take shots back? Literally no one could have predicted this. :lol:

Who would have thought that an angry loser who hasn't done anything noteworthy in his whole life would get off so much on nothing really noteworthy.

Wow, I think you just bullseyed it.

Notice that he's proud that he's obsessed with someone who he incessantly disapproves of and whines about. Just seems like really weird, deviant behavior to me.

• Like 2

Drama queen much?

The entire world is out to get Axl? When people post positive reviews of his shows......well, that doesn't really fit into your rant about people trying to rip him apart. CD got pretty good critical acclaim. Lots of people on this forum are positive 24/7 about him.

If Axl cured world hunger then he would win a nobel peace prize and be on the cover of every major magazine in the world as Man Of The Year.

And it is funny, isn't it. In your world - Axl is allowed to make jokes and speak his mind.......but the rest of us aren't allowed to do the same thing. Ya, that is pretty funny.

People like you that play the woe-is-me card are just as bad as the people who come here just to cupcake Axl.

Rant? Drama queen? Clearly, the world hunger bit is purposely exaggerated. And when did i say it wasnt all right for other people to joke? What i said was theres alot of people, not just on this board, that make jokes all the time and its fine. And ive rarely chimed in to defend Axl. Yet how often does Axl speak ill of other artists, minus Slash, and he's totally out of line for joking about the Peppers "live" performance?

The people here and everywhere else that are so offended seem to be the drama queens.

• Like 1

It seems like Jim Rome uses "Wake Up! Time to die!" a lot on his show.

What made it great was Jim reading Axl's statement, and using the worst possible soundbite of WTTJ possible. Reading what Axl said on the screen was okay, but having it read out like he did was hilarious.

Edited by dalsh327

Jim Rome just tore Axl up over this, full with bridge school clip. Embarassing

Hopefully Axl was listening

Who?

https://www.google.com/#q=jim+rome

Who?
Rome has more listeners than Axl. And he's more relevant than Axl these days.
A guy with a radio show has more listeners than a guy that does nothing? Who'd've thunk it?

As for more relevant, where is the last statement from Jim Rome that received anywhere near as much attention as this statement from Axl?

Jim Rome is funny, but his opinion on professional sports is widely hated. I've always hated him, but he does do a couple funny segments.

At the end of the day Jim Rome will never be remembered for anything he has done. His name will be forgotten.

Axl Rose name will live on bc his music and performances will continue to be re discovered, so I hope nobody believes Jim Rome is some kind of radio genius. He makes his money off being controversial. He hates things that are universally loved. He is the hipster of sports radio. Axl on the other hand has already made his name, he has already made his legend and is far more memorable than a piece of crap radio personality.

Last thing, people's opinion on Axl right now are pretty low as it is. There is nothing anyone can say that hasn't been said about him.

• Like 1

Jim Rome is funny, but his opinion on professional sports is widely hated. I've always hated him, but he does do a couple funny segments.

At the end of the day Jim Rome will never be remembered for anything he has done. His name will be forgotten.

Axl Rose name will live on bc his music and performances will continue to be re discovered, so I hope nobody believes Jim Rome is some kind of radio genius. He makes his money off being controversial. He hates things that are universally loved. He is the hipster of sports radio. Axl on the other hand has already made his name, he has already made his legend and is far more memorable than a piece of crap radio personality.

Last thing, people's opinion on Axl right now are pretty low as it is. There is nothing anyone can say that hasn't been said about him.

You sure the Axl Rose name will live on? I know people will remember Guns N Roses but Axl Rose by name I'm not so sure, in the US anyway. My molecular genetics professor mentioned Axl a couple days ago and an auditorium of 175 people stared blank eyed. The younger generation here doesn't exactly know him by name.