Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

Textual evidence of comedy? Textual evidence of legit critique of media?

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.
I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

And of course the criticism is deserved. I disagree that Axl is in any position to be the one leveling the criticism.

I disagree. If Axl did the same, I would agree with anybody and everybody that wanted to make fun of him for it. Including Flea if he chose to. Saying that because he's Axl, he has no right to poke fun at ridiculous stupidity when he sees it is ridiculous in itself.

He has the right to do whatever he wants. But for someone who has spent virtually his entire life bitching and moaning about what other people say about him, he should have kept his mouth shut, imo.

His entire life? Bet you $10 that you can't even fill a page with quotes of him bitching about what was said about him. Deal?

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.
I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

And of course the criticism is deserved. I disagree that Axl is in any position to be the one leveling the criticism.

I disagree. If Axl did the same, I would agree with anybody and everybody that wanted to make fun of him for it. Including Flea if he chose to. Saying that because he's Axl, he has no right to poke fun at ridiculous stupidity when he sees it is ridiculous in itself.

He has the right to do whatever he wants. But for someone who has spent virtually his entire life bitching and moaning about what other people say about him, he should have kept his mouth shut, imo.

His entire life? Bet you $10 that you can't even fill a page with quotes of him bitching about what was said about him. Deal?

Did somebody say escrow? :headbang:

Did somebody say escrow? :headbang:

Nah, Paypal will do. :shrugs:

:lol:

Sure, I'll bet you $10, but I'm gonna have to outsource the copy and pasting. Anyone who wants $3 of the $10 Damn_Smooth will clearly lose, do a couple searches, copy and past, and post. It probably won't take you that long. You might have to transcribe a rant or two, but you might fill up the whole page with a rant or two, so it might be worth the effort. :lol:

Sure, I'll bet you $10, but I'm gonna have to outsource the copy and pasting. Anyone who wants $3 of the $10 Damn_Smooth will clearly lose, do a couple searches, copy and past, and post. It probably won't take you that long. You might have to transcribe a rant or two, but you might fill up the whole page with a rant or two, so it might be worth the effort. :lol:

Quotes bitching about people saying shit about him only. You can't just fill the page with random babbling.

Quotes bitching about people saying shit about him only. You can't just fill the page with random babbling.

Fine. Hint to my hired labor: Start with the rant about the Rolling Stone article and his family.

Edit: And then go to the rant in Get in the Ring. Improvise from there. You're probably almost done.

Edit 2: Then go to the Rio thing where he complains about people complaining about the setlist. Easiest $3 you ever made. :lol:

Edit 3: Hired labor, if you're feeling creative and you want to fill that page with rants alone, just tweak the technologies so that you can search all YouTube audio for a twangy, "You know, I been readin' alotta shit in the press....."

Edited by magisme

How heavily we're they criticised for not playing live?

Not that much. If it were GNR the media (and ex-fans) would be going bananas!
Like the Live era over-dubs. Do u think guns would do pre-recorded half time show? Next year another legacy can be marginally tainted.

How heavily we're they criticised for not playing live?

Not that much. If it were GNR the media (and ex-fans) would be going bananas!
Like the Live era over-dubs. Do u think guns would do pre-recorded half time show? Next year another legacy can be marginally tainted.

I think a few bands didn't pretape the band - Springsteen, Rolling Stones, McCartney, but because they record in rehearsals, it's impossible to tell.

I know for sure No Doubt pre-recorded during rehearsals because I had friends who were part of the audience at halftime. Rehearsals were midweek so I couldn't go. That's why it's funny as hell to me that people are squawking over the show being recorded, I thought everyone knew this by now.

San Diego won't be a host city until they build a billion dollar stadium for the NFL. Los Angeles is stuck with LA KISS and college football for now.

Indeed….this one sums up most people's opinion on Gn'R (unfortunately)...

Axl Pose can't even remember his own lyrics and he gets winded walking up the stairs. He mocks a band that stayed relevant Since the early 80s and he takes 15 years to finish a record that sucked. I love that all the real original member of GNR are successful and he is a washed up has been. Maybe the little delicate genius should have been nicer to Slash and the rest and maybe he'd still have a cool band that people want to hear. RIP Bums N' Posers.

Axl Pose can't even remember his own lyrics and he gets winded walking up the stairs. He mocks a band that stayed relevant Since the early 80s and he takes 15 years to finish a record that sucked. I love that all the real original member of GNR are successful and he is a washed up has been. Maybe the little delicate genius should have been nicer to Slash and the rest and maybe he'd still have a cool band that people want to hear. RIP Bums N' Posers.

I didn't read this thread, so maybe what I will say has been already said.

But I read Axl's tweet and didn't really understand it the first time.

I then read it with a buzz. And now I totally understand it. Completely get it.

He's totally making fun of the RHCP. And anyone else who sells out. He's really giving it to them all.

It's so strange because on the surface, the tweet, at least for me, meant nothing and I thought it was kind of stupid.

But the tweet is actually pretty fucking smart...........he's really slamming them HARD. Haha.

I'm just really glad he still cares about this kind of shit.

And it's good he commented. He needs to do that more. He needs to create some controversy or better yet, re introduce himself to something called competition.

RHCP does not need to justify doing this. They've played probably over a thousand shows and have stayed relevant and good from the 80s all throughout the 2000s. As Flea explained, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to play the Super Bowl and they took it. Honestly, if you're going to turn that down just to look cool in front of your old RnFnR buddies, maybe that's the REAL sellout move.

Axl is in no place to criticize ANYTHING except for maybe musical content. I'd be more accepting of this if he was calling out some band for putting out shitty generic music.

If he was totally 100% joking and respects the Chili Peppers, then these were poor jokes that he should've known would be misinterpreted.

And it's good he commented. He needs to do that more. He needs to create some controversy or better yet, re introduce himself to something called competition.

Except he's in no position to make fun of others, and the only bands he could compete with are maybe other GNR cover bands that play bars.

Fine. Hint to my hired labor: Start with the rant about the Rolling Stone article and his family.

Edit: And then go to the rant in Get in the Ring. Improvise from there. You're probably almost done.

Edit 2: Then go to the Rio thing where he complains about people complaining about the setlist. Easiest $3 you ever made. :lol:

Edit 3: Hired labor, if you're feeling creative and you want to fill that page with rants alone, just tweak the technologies so that you can search all YouTube audio for a twangy, "You know, I been readin' alotta shit in the press....."

You find somebody yet? You could just do it yourself, you know? It would only take a fraction of the amount of time you've spent in this thread. Especially since you know where to look. :shrugs: