Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

Seems odd that he would feel the need to comment on it, given that he hardly ever speaks. I hope the next time he feels the need to talk to the public he goes on a forum and talks to the fans about actual GnR plans.

GNR?

Plans?

Talk?

Ha...

Edited by ZoSoRose

Jimmy Kimmel got a real sign interpreter to translate what Jantjie (Interpreter) was signing during one speech. Here’s a sample of what Jantjie was actually signing:

“Hello, welcome so far. Well cigarette join, bringing in different to you – a circle – and I would like to pray this offering, basically this is fun, all of these balls, to prove this is good, I’m sorry.”

Jimmy Kimmel got a real sign interpreter to translate what Jantjie (Interpreter) was signing during one speech. Here’s a sample of what Jantjie was actually signing:

“Hello, welcome so far. Well cigarette join, bringing in different to you – a circle – and I would like to pray this offering, basically this is fun, all of these balls, to prove this is good, I’m sorry.”

He should sign for Axl. It would make more sense.

Textual evidence of comedy? Textual evidence of legit critique of media?

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.

• Like 1

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

And of course the criticism is deserved. I disagree that Axl is in any position to be the one leveling the criticism.

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.
I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

And of course the criticism is deserved. I disagree that Axl is in any position to be the one leveling the criticism.

I've thought a lot about this (unbelievably) and I'm wondering if Axl's intent was to make the whole controversy look stupid? No intent to judge or critique the Chili Peppers, but just a way to comment on how dumb the whole situation is?

• Like 1

Given his lack of a statement concerning Slash at the super bowl I can only conclude that he approved of the performance.

At least Slash was plugged in.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/slash-and-his-signature-cry-baby-rock-super-bowl-xlv/

He should have used a BBF backing track :shrugs:

Yeahhhh....ahhh....no. Just no. Also - BBF can only dream of ever playing a Super Bowl. He'll lterally never get to do so.

Edited by Snowmass

I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

Not to be argumentative, but since when do you have to be in some certain ideal position to level a critique at someone or to joke about them? People on forums routinely critique GNRs and crack supposed jokes about the band nonstop without being in any position to do so.

On another note, the interpreter was alleged to have murdered two people and the case was dismissed by reason of insanity.

Here is the literal translation of what he was saying:

I've thought a lot about this (unbelievably) and I'm wondering if Axl's intent was to make the whole controversy look stupid? No intent to judge or critique the Chili Peppers, but just a way to comment on how dumb the whole situation is?

Maybe. Poorly executed, IMO, if that's the case. I'm open to being wrong about this. I know that doesn't fit well with the butthurt narrative, but whatever. I'm just yet to see anything convincing. I don't think the whole thing was dead serious, but the repeated "karaoke" comments don't sound like just a joke to me, and, as I've said, I don't think Axl would be cool about it if a famous musician made similar comments about him.

Maybe. Poorly executed, IMO, if that's the case. I'm open to being wrong about this. I know that doesn't fit well with the butthurt narrative, but whatever. I'm just yet to see anything convincing. I don't think the whole thing was dead serious, but the repeated "karaoke" comments don't sound like just a joke to me, and, as I've said, I don't think Axl would be cool about it if a famous musician made similar comments about him.

One of the major sports networks made the initial joke about the Karaoke being broadcast to millions.

The RHCP made some choice comments about GNRs around the time of the RRHOF.

I wonder what it was specifically that got him riled up about the rhcp superbowl that pushed him into writing a lengthy prose and tweeting about it? If he was an avid tweeter like Slash/Duff/Matt none of us would think much of it because they tend to pass comment on a lot of high profile news.

Twenty odd pages and I'm still none the wiser as to whether he was being funny or taking a veiled pot shot. In the context of him usually being media shy it's certainly random. A two line tweet would have felt more in keeping but a whole essay? He clearly cares enough about the subject to sit down, draft a response then submit for publication -people only tend to do that kind of thing when they feel personally affronted by something. I just can't quite work out what that something is in this case.

I wonder what it was specifically that got him riled up about the rhcp superbowl that pushed him into writing a lengthy prose and tweeting about it?

A few weeks ago I tweeted him saying that he should tweet more as I 'wanted to hear his opinions on shit'. I think that's why. Trollface_emoticon.png

• Like 1

Axl is probably just butt-hurt with Kiedis for keeping up his (real) band going strong after all these years and that he's still in great shape despite being about the same age...

Pepsi-Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Halftime-Show.jp

Edited by trqster