Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

Okay so I've just woken up but the gist of this is - the rhcp have done something that involves miming and Axl is defending it/calling out the haters in prose that only the magic pixie people fully understand.

Yes?

Ahh just seen the full letter. It's making sense (sort of).

Okay so I've just woken up but the gist of this is - the rhcp have done something that involves miming and Axl is defending it/calling out the haters in prose that only the magic pixie people fully understand.

Yes?

Ahh just seen the full letter. It's making sense (sort of).

He's not defending it...I'd say it seems to bother him. But then we believe the RHCP don't really bother him as much as global issues in Africa. It's all very confusing Edited by IncitingChaos

To be honest for tv I prefer if the vocals aren't live either. At home you just want it to sound good. And with all the ad money in the pop you don't want some rambling junky singing like Shane macgowan at the bar. It's better if a chick flashes some nips too. Doritos sales up, no bras.

Fucking hell, I'm not part of the Axl Defence Corp or anything but the guy makes a mildly humorous, light hearted comment and it kicks off all this?

New GNR has been a bit disappointing in lots of ways and I'm one of many frustrated fans that would like another album but foooken ell, I thought the comment was alright and it's better than him saying the usual (nothing).

He isn't attacking the RHCP...

edit: ahhh shit, Bruno how can you call Bruno Mars average when GNR has DJ Ashba and Chris Pitman in it?

Is there no loyalty amongst Brunos?

they're all average, bro :lol: i refuse to believe that a man like flea called a new n' unproven musician super talented

I think Bruno Mars just proved himself at the Superbowl show...

I´m with Axl on this one. It´s always good to hear from him. And this time he was jocking. It was not an angry rant. He was in a good mood. He sided with RHCP in this silly controversy. I think that´s all he meant. It was the SB not a RHCP concert so there was no need for this controversy

Sure I´d rather see Axl talking about his band and his music. But we can only hope

At first (when I read the opening sentence) I thought he might've been referring to Bill Nye the Science Guy debating what-his-face at the Creationist Museum earlier this evening.

What a great tweet though, to top off the other thing he wrote.

Edited by metaforcesaber

Maybe Axl is saying this because the RHCP were not the first band the NFL wanted to play with Bruno at halftime...maybe they asked Axl to play Jungle and he refused bc he didn't want to play over a recording! Everything would make more sense if that were true. Haha but please don't take this post seriously, I just think if this were the scenario then it would be awesome on Axl's part!

They were playing karaoke while faking it, so most likely everyone thought it was a great performance until someone caught them off guard. This is bullshit. Maiden, Nirvana and Queen had to do the same but they did not fake it back in the days - they were showing the public that they had to do that, but didnt agree with it. RHCP lacked balls to do the same. Oh Flea, Bruno Mars is super talented? Go fuck yourself, hypocrite. Licking Mars' ass will make you look bad and nothing else. I hope everyone in the industry makes fun of them - they ASKED for it.

Great post, Bruno.