Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

"Oh well, so much for science! But hey, they still got that karaoke thing going for 'em! Awesome! They're right up there with the sign language guy, whose deep n' heartfelt dedication, absolute total commitment, conviction (or maybe that was just the other 3 tire binding, poor sob burning murderers), absence of sanity, and ultimate public achievement should not b forgotten! God Bless Mandela for his consideration n' generosity, for foreseeing this noble event and kicking the bucket (too soon?) allowing us this, not unlike the Superbowl, historic, heroic n' amazing event! Amen!!"

What the actual fuck is this?! Who are the murderers he's referring to? What he is referring to when he's talking about historic event?! This makes no sense.

you literally stole the "what the actual fuck" from me. :lol: i was about to post that.

axl must be fucking drunk as a skunk. i love it.

keep going axl! you're the man.

• Like 2

They were playing karaoke while faking it, so most likely everyone thought it was a great performance until someone caught them off guard. This is bullshit. Maiden, Nirvana and Queen had to do the same but they did not fake it back in the days - they were showing the public that they had to do that, but didnt agree with it. RHCP lacked balls to do the same. Oh Flea, Bruno Mars is super talented? Go fuck yourself, hypocrite. Licking Mars' ass will make you look bad and nothing else. I hope everyone in the industry makes fun of them - they ASKED for it.

Really? You wanted them to protest during the Superbowl? I'm sure the RCHP are glad not to have you as their manager.

Bruno Mars is super talented. You might not like what he produces, but to suggest that a guy who is a multi-instrumentalist (I checked out his wikipedia page and apparently he can play the drums, guitar, keyboard/piano, bass, and harmonica) and can write hits not only for himself but for others (I'm sure there are others, but he did co-write "Fuck You," performed by Cee Lo Green) is pretty talented in my books.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but you're not doing yourself much service by arguing Flea's point.

Yes, protest during the Superbowl. Axl himself would have done something like this :)

Justin Bieber is multi instrumentalist, still he fkn sucks at all of them. Oh, writing hits with help of hit makers? Come on now. :lol: A hit nowadays isnt something noteworthy, let alone written by fabricated artists and hit makers.

You think that this guy is super talented? Really? :no: Gaga and Timberlake may be talented, but this guy has not proved a thing.

Either he's comparing the RHCP to the sign language guy at the Mandela memorial or he's saying how pointless it is that we care about a band not actually playing instead of real issues in the world...

I don't have enough understanding of what is going on in Africa...maybe it's people like me that he's upset with. Someone who knows that the RHCP didn't actually play live but have no clue about issues in other countries? Idk I hope he elaborates.

He seems to latch onto the weirdest news stories. Like when he referred to a Clooney comment about "so many jokes, so little time..." on the TMS show and Trunk and co. just laughed politely (Clooney's comment was about seeing Berlusconi's bedroom).

Think Axl's best press release was for OMG, "Blame Canada!"

I think the "Oh well, so much for science" is in response to Flea's Facebook post admitting to miming, so Axl is conceding that his "theory" was disproved.

Yeah, seems he's making a deal about how this shouldn't be a big deal with regards to other world affairs (which are obviously more important to the creator of Chinese Democracy).

Still, amazing how rambling and stream-of-consciousness his tweets can be. Still remember his "Sweat's good for ya!" in response to complaints that he sweat too much at the NYC 2010 gigs.

:wub: Axl :wub:

man trying to decipher what he's actually trying to say is crazy.

I suppose he means since it was an awesome event like the superbowl (sarcasm) they sold out on their values of not lip synching and he's lost respect for them?

not sure why he's latched onto this story to have an opinion about.....

• Like 1

They were playing karaoke while faking it, so most likely everyone thought it was a great performance until someone caught them off guard. This is bullshit. Maiden, Nirvana and Queen had to do the same but they did not fake it back in the days - they were showing the public that they had to do that, but didnt agree with it. RHCP lacked balls to do the same. Oh Flea, Bruno Mars is super talented? Go fuck yourself, hypocrite. Licking Mars' ass will make you look bad and nothing else. I hope everyone in the industry makes fun of them - they ASKED for it.

Really? You wanted them to protest during the Superbowl? I'm sure the RCHP are glad not to have you as their manager.

Bruno Mars is super talented. You might not like what he produces, but to suggest that a guy who is a multi-instrumentalist (I checked out his wikipedia page and apparently he can play the drums, guitar, keyboard/piano, bass, and harmonica) and can write hits not only for himself but for others (I'm sure there are others, but he did co-write "Fuck You," performed by Cee Lo Green) is pretty talented in my books.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but you're not doing yourself much service by arguing Flea's point.

Yes, protest during the Superbowl. Axl himself would have done something like this :)

Justin Bieber is multi instrumentalist, still he fkn sucks at all of them. Oh, writing hits with help of hit makers? Come on now. :lol: A hit nowadays isnt something noteworthy, let alone written by fabricated artists and hit makers.

You think that this guy is super talented? Really? :no: Gaga and Timberlake may be talented, but this guy has not proved a thing.

Yeah, and was Justin Bieber doing a drum solo to open the half-time show? And sorry, how many number one hits has Bieber wrote for other musicians? Could Bieber (or anyone, for that matter), do this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/media/embed/82872039

And I have a hard time believing that a guy who plays weddings, performs for fashion designers, and recently performed at a bowling alleys would have the balls to kill his own Superbowl performance.

But he's not super talented, has not proved a thing actually - people produced his albums and songs, he's unproven. I think that guys like McCartney, MJ abd EvH are/were super talented, not this guy.

You clearly don't know much about the guy then. Do a little research.