Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

I think it was funny and I am glad to hear from him! Some members here take this far too seriously: RHCP will be mad, the press/people will tear him to shreds... Come on, it's not that important and he's got a point. I'm sure the Peppers would have prefered to play live as well, so I think they also see this as a jab at the organisation/industry, whatever, not really at RHCP.

People are always complaining Axl is a recluse, shut himself off etc. Now he does this and some of you are like: 'Why does he do this ? This is so bad...'

I wish he'd do this kind of thing (speak his mind, I mean) more often (wouldn't get my hopes up though). To me, it shows he still cares.

I have a question. Is it possible that Axl was kinda bashing the media in a humorous way? I´m saying this because Axl goes all sarcastic about the RHCP controversy and the Mandela guy controversy. It seems like he is telling the media to focus on the important things. The SB was about football. And the Mandela funeral was about Mandela and his legacy and not about the sign language guy

• Like 1

Flea told Axl about the microchip technology a long time ago.

Well, everybody's got something in their asses, it seems.

It was something along the lines of they worked their asses off to get there & didn't understand how another band only put 1 good album out & took a millenium to release another album that wasn't good & nobody cared about. Then Anthony said something about if he was the only o.g member left it would be a joke to call it the rhcp still.

Aww... poor babies...

Anyways, I don't think Axl's post was made in response to their sentiments.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

It was something along the lines of they worked their asses off to get there & didn't understand how another band only put 1 good album out & took a millenium to release another album that wasn't good & nobody cared about. Then Anthony said something about if he was the only o.g member left it would be a joke to call it the rhcp still.

Wow, I could see Axl holding a grudge for that. I know the Rock hall of fame didn't mean a whole lot to Axl, but to criticize Guns N Roses body of work is ridiculous.

First off they had a huge impact on music, rock and roll was in the past before they revived it.

Second Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 were excellent albums, and Guns put out a better body of work in 5 years than the Chili Peppers did in 25 years.

Third Fu*k those guys if they said all that. I can't really defend Chinese Democracy though.

Now I hope I don't find out that this is an inside joke and Axl is best friends with all of em. Hopefully Axl is lighting his own motivation now, and we see new music soon.

I have a question. Is it possible that Axl was kinda bashing the media in a humorous way? I´m saying this because Axl goes all sarcastic about the RHCP controversy and the Mandela guy controversy. It seems like he is telling the media to focus on the important things. The SB was about football. And the Mandela funeral was about Mandela and his legacy and not about the sign language guy

That makes sense too. I just feel like we are reading really far into it and it's making it harder to understand what this is really about. At the same time you have to read really far into it bc of the way Axl writes.

I think your post makes a lot of sense though. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning this will all make sense.

I hate the way the Super Bowl or sports events or celebs get reduced to fluff pieces at the end off the news. Like after they finished lying to us they show us a pic of a cute panda. Don't patronise me you lying scumbags.

Next years half time show RATM will lip synch through Bulls on Parade.

What the fucking fuck?

Seriously, the fuck did I just read?

Dammit, Axl

smilie_girl_101.gif Well if you lot in the USA can't understand what he said then it makes me feel so relieved, now what is the superbowl? I gather it's a sports game above all others and is it held at Yankee Stadium? smilie_girl_084.gif Everyone was talking about it here but the only time I've been to sports stadiums are to attend concerts. I gather it involves kicking a ball around - now if I've gotten any of that right without using google I'll eat Axl's hat!!!!

What the fucking fuck?

Dammit, Axl

smilie_girl_101.gif Well if you lot in the USA can't understand what he said then it makes me feel so relieved, now what is the superbowl? I gather it's a sports game above all others and is it held at Yankee Stadium? smilie_girl_084.gif Everyone was talking about it here but the only time I've been to sports stadiums are to attend concerts. I gather it involves kicking a ball around - now if I've gotten any of that right without using google I'll eat Axl's hat!!!!

So you don´t seem to be American. Yankee Stadium belongs to a baseball team. The N.Y. Yankees. The Super Bowl is kinda like the World Cup for the NFL (American Football) It´s the biggest sport event. They play in a neutral designated football field every year At hafl time there is always a musical show. This time around it was Bruno Mars and the RHCP. Sometimes and unfortunately there is a controversy about the performers. A few years ago it was Jannett Jackson and her boob for the whole world to see. And the media was like 24/7 talking about her boob

P.S. Take care of yourself

What the fucking fuck?

Dammit, Axl

So you don´t seem to be American. Yankee Stadium belongs to a baseball team. The N.Y. Yankees. The Super Bowl is kinda like the World Cup for the NFL (American Football) It´s the biggest sport event. They play in a neutral designated football field every year At hafl time there is always a musical show. This time around it was Bruno Mars and the RHCP. Sometimes and unfortunately there is a controversy about the performers. A few years ago it was Jannett Jackson and her boob for the whole world to see. And the media was like 24/7 talking about her boob

The biggest sport event is the Fifa World Cup and right behind that is the Olympics.

I just watched the performance, where is John? And why is that flying monkey taking his place?. Antony must be sleeping in a taper, still the same over the years.

Great to see a again after all those years a musical comment from Axl.

What the fucking fuck?

Dammit, Axl

Oh dear, baseball team? No I'm from Oz and the least sports minded person you could meet. Hubby was into the international sports and I do remember Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction but didn't know it was at this event. We saw it over & over for years too, we have the same problem with performers at our Grand Final. Meatloaf copped it bad & was going to tell all performers in America never to play here after his dismal display of his talent.

I do know Seattle won as Duff is from there, looks to me like most of the world was watching except me. Although I'm not familiar with the performers I did have a look on youtube & they seemed to put everything into their act, I gather these 2 acts haven't played together before.

As they say you can't please all of the people all of the time. Congrats to the winners & the fans of the winners.

CLEARLY not an attack on the Chillis, just a satirical piece. Some of you are major drama queens.

"Oh my god Axl wrote something that wasn't up to my impeccable sense of humour, sooo embarrassing" - get a grip for god sake.

• Like 3