Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

So honestly, what possessed Axl to roll out of the tiger sheets this morning and start a feud with RHCP?

...I kinda like it.

He's not starting a feud, though, it's like nambis said, he's just pointing out the absurdity of people making a big deal out of it... though his own statement is in its own unique realm of absurdity.

1. This is Axl writing. God damn, the delusion here is fucking staggering. Axl. Wrote. This.

2. Like it or not, RCHP is extremely relevant in today's music world. Axl and GNR are completely irrelevant to everyone outside these forums, except as a nostalgia act for people who want to hear SCOM. I'm not a RHCP fan, but they're indisputably more relevant, in every way.

3. This is pathetic. It's pathetic to see fat, tired, irrelevant Axl attack a band who was once his contemporaries. I'm guessing Axl is jealous of both slash and RCHP being on the Super Bowl recently.

So, it's ok to play a wedding for a million bucks, but it's not ok to perform on the #1 most-watched tv broadcast of ALL TIME?

Yes, this Super Bowl was the most watched tv show in American history. And the RCHP were on it. And slash was on a previous one.

And where was fat Axl? Sucking dusty milk outta beta's teats?

Where was bbf and DJ? No one gives a rats ass about any of them, yet RHCP was seen by the entire country.

It's a sad case if sour grapes. It's Axl showing how much he hates how irrelevant he has become.

1. This is Axl writing. God damn, the delusion here is fucking staggering. Axl. Wrote. This.

2. Like it or not, RCHP is extremely relevant in today's music world. Axl and GNR are completely irrelevant to everyone outside these forums, except as a nostalgia act for people who want to hear SCOM. I'm not a RHCP fan, but they're indisputably more relevant, in every way.

3. This is pathetic. It's pathetic to see fat, tired, irrelevant Axl attack a band who was once his contemporaries. I'm guessing Axl is jealous of both slash and RCHP being on the Super Bowl recently.

So, it's ok to play a wedding for a million bucks, but it's not ok to perform on the #1 most-watched tv broadcast of ALL TIME?

Yes, this Super Bowl was the most watched tv show in American history. And the RCHP were on it. And slash was on a previous one.

And where was fat Axl? Sucking dusty milk outta beta's teats?

Where was bbf and DJ? No one gives a rats ass about any of them, yet RHCP was seen by the entire country.

It's a sad case if sour grapes. It's Axl showing how much he hates how irrelevant he has become.

I am a RHCP fan and its pretty sad to see them succumb todays standards of lipsyncing/playin to prerecorded music just to remain relevant.

I can't tell if Axl is not happy with the RHCP or if he's pissed that we are more interested in whether a halftime performance was not actually played live than the issues facing other countries.

Might just be a case of two birds and one stone. I think there could possibly be more tweets by the end of tonight

Every single Super Bowl performance is pre recorded, except for some vocals.

Remember Whitney Houston's big Star-Spangled Banner performance at some big game? Pre recorded vocals.

But whatever, fine, for the sake of this forum: bbf is the great ester guitarist of all time and everyone wants to play his songs, like piiranha. DJ is also the greatest guitarist of all time, and everyone on earth knows who he is. Jimi Hendrix was influenced by DJ.

New Order took great influence from Pitman.

And Elton John studied as dizzys pupil for years, when dizzy wrote Rocket Man for Elton.

• Like 1

And where was fat Axl? Where was bbf?

not whoring themselves, faking performances and sucking average musicians' dicks to stay relevant. there you go RHCP, you've become the bon jovi of the year. play the nice boy flea, fake music and become less relevant to music.

Edited by Bruno P.
  • Like 3

Fucking hell, I'm not part of the Axl Defence Corp or anything but the guy makes a mildly humorous, light hearted comment and it kicks off all this?

New GNR has been a bit disappointing in lots of ways and I'm one of many frustrated fans that would like another album but foooken ell, I thought the comment was alright and it's better than him saying the usual (nothing).

He isn't attacking the RHCP...

edit: ahhh shit, Bruno how can you call Bruno Mars average when GNR has DJ Ashba and Chris Pitman in it?

Is there no loyalty amongst Brunos?

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 2

Fucking hell, I'm not part of the Axl Defence Corp or anything but the guy makes a mildly humorous, light hearted comment and it kicks off all this?

New GNR has been a bit disappointing in lots of ways and I'm one of many frustrated fans that would like another album but foooken ell, I thought the comment was alright and it's better than him saying the usual (nothing).

He isn't attacking the RHCP...

edit: ahhh shit, Bruno how can you call Bruno Mars average when GNR has DJ Ashba and Chris Pitman in it?

Is there no loyalty amongst Brunos?

they're all average, bro :lol: i refuse to believe that a man like flea called a new n' unproven musician super talented