Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

I'm sure all of you would be equally lighthearted if the rolls were reversed in this story. :rolleyes:

Dude, Axl gets ridiculed by other artists on weekly basis. Not satirized, actually ridiculed. Not many of us really care.

Axl writes a typically Axl satire about a Superbowl performance - with no malice intended - and everybody is up in arms! What would YOU be saying if Dj ASHBA was seemingly "playing" an unplugged Les Paul?

Edited by NGOG

I'm sure all of you would be equally lighthearted if the rolls were reversed in this story. :rolleyes:

Axl would never do a thing like they did, and if he does i'll stop being a fan.

So substitute karaoke with cover band or Mickey Mouse. Axl would find it funny? Axl Defense Force would find it funny? See, all fucking around aside, when it comes down to it, I'm a big proponent of the Golden Rule, so Axl should be the last fucking person casting stones.

Dude, Axl gets ridiculed by other artists on weekly basis. Not satirized, actually ridiculed. Not many of us really care.

Axl writes a typically Axl satire about a Superbowl performance - with no malice intended - and everybody is up in arms! What would YOU be saying if Dj ASHBA was seemingly "playing" an unplugged Les Paul?

Are you kidding? It's a double digit page shitfit any time someone sneezes in Axl's direction.

Magisme, I think it's pretty clear (well, as clear as an Axl tweet can be) from Axl's follow-up tweet that he's taking the piss out of the media uproar over something so insignificant on the scale of world problems, not a potshot at RHCP.

• Like 1

Are you kidding? It's a double digit page shitfit any time someone sneezes in Axl's direction.

It's really not though.

I don't have the time, but go find that Corey Taylor thread.

Magisme, I think it's pretty clear (well, as clear as an Axl tweet can be) from Axl's follow-up tweet that he's taking the piss out of the media uproar over something so insignificant on the scale of world problems, not a potshot at RHCP.

That's not how I read it. But Axl can't write a coherent clause, let alone a coherent sentence, so who knows. Again, though, would Axl think it was funny if "karaoke" was exchanged for some other choice epithets thrown in his direction? Of course not.

It's really not though.

Corey Taylor is involved with old GNR, totally different.

And the dude put his cock n' balls on Axl's piano. Not really equal to a satirical article.

Edited by NGOG

It's really not though.

And the dude put his cock n' balls on Axl's piano. Not really equal to a satirical article.

Why the anal blistering over what was clearly a joke? Christ have you all lost your sense of humor? It clearly was not meant to be taken seriously, Axl was just joking around.

It's really not though.

Why the anal blistering over what was clearly a joke? Christ have you all lost your sense of humor? It clearly was not meant to be taken seriously, Axl was just joking around.

That's what I said.

Hell, worse things are said about Ashba when he has his guitar plugged in :awesomeface:

• Like 2

It comes off as passive aggressive snark to me. I'm guessing a brave resistance fighter managed to pass word along that the Peppers were being mean about the HOF debacle.

And Mags is right, no way no how is Axl in a position to take pot shots (lighthearted or otherwise) at other artists at this point in what passes for his career.

Edited by Angelica

It comes off as passive aggressive snark to me. I'm guessing a brave resistance fighter managed to pass word along that the Peppers were being mean about the HOF debacle.

And Mags is right, no way no how is Axl in a position to take pot shots (lighthearted or otherwise) at other artists at this point in what passes for his career.

Are you in a position to take pot shots at Axl? Because you have to have a solid career to take pots shots at people right?

• Like 1

It's really not though.

That's not how I read it. But Axl can't write a coherent clause, let alone a coherent sentence, so who knows. Again, though, would Axl think it was funny if "karaoke" was exchanged for some other choice epithets thrown in his direction? Of course not.

Magisme I´m far from being an Axl ass kisser. But I agree with Amir. If you read how Axl started his comments he said he enjoyed the show. And he gave the RHCP the benefit of the doubt. So clearly he is not bashing the RHCP. Did Axl cross the line that separates funny from silly? Maybe, I´m willing to give you that. But the whole controversy is idiotic to begin with. ESPN should be talking about the game not about the half time show. The SB is about a football game. I guess the real problem is the obsession the media has for ratings and celebrity related stuff . And Axl decided to add his 2 cents on the matter.

• Like 1

Hahahaha I've never seen so many people butt hurt. Ya'll need to get off GNR forums if EVERYFUCKING single thing Axl does bothers you so much.

Axl says Fleas had a google chip in his ass. Deal with it.

The Peppers but not being "plugged in" at the Superbowl is a million times more embarrassing than Axl's "weigh in"

• Like 1

I hope Kiedis and Flea

You would be slating GNR for mimming and not Anthony kiedies' spin on the event.

Do a little reading around. I openly called the Peppers' non-performance lame. Nice try, though.

In all seriousness, I hope Kiedis and Flea don't lose 15 years of their lives over this. :lol:

C'mon, you really don't have to be one of the Axl's Stockholm syndrome victims to appreciate the joke. it's fun. he's taking a piss out of RHChP, media, angry fans, and he also makes an ass out of himself. it's like a short story with no positive characters. i love his tricky psychedelic humor and i want more

I don't see the problem with the Peppers not being plugged in. It makes complete sense. They only get one shot, their performance has to be perfect and cued to a light show and fireworks and shit, and its 35 degrees and it was raining at the time. Why in the world would the NFL risk screwing that up?

If playing at the super bowl, or miming, is embarrassing, sign me up for some embarrassment.