April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

WTTJ wasn't awful, appreciated when he pulled out the rasp, but the constant switching of voices marred the performance.

I really can't see how you can defend that PC.

Here is a PC from less than 2 years ago that sounds pretty good:

That was awesome

I keep saying 2011-2012 were pretty good. There was crap like Rio and Bridge school but overall, his voice wasn't bad. It wasn't raspy like 2010, but it had power and he hit the high notes. I saw shows in 10,11, and 12 and they were all vocally fantastic- especially 2011 and 12 believe it or not. We also had cool stuff like the UCAP tour, great setlist additions like Estranged and Civil War, the first Vegas run, etc. Those years were perfectly fine

With last year and this year there is just no power in his voice. He seems to lack passion and there is just no indication that anything new or exciting is coming. Having Duff is cool, but that is really the only good thing about this year. This mindless touring has run its course

• Like 1

If you guys really believe that people make fun or criticise the band based on hate, venom, a pact with Satan, etc, you're the ones with mental issues.

A pact with Satan just to be available 24/7 on the internet, bashing the shit outta nuGNR, cocksucking each other with other coursed souls.

Hey, explain to us, the delusional fans, why are YOU here?

The hilarity

WTTJ wasn't awful, appreciated when he pulled out the rasp, but the constant switching of voices marred the performance.

I really can't see how you can defend that PC.

Here is a PC from less than 2 years ago that sounds pretty good:

That was awesome

I keep saying 2011-2012 were pretty good. There was crap like Rio and Bridge school but overall, his voice wasn't bad. It wasn't raspy like 2010, but it had power and he hit the high notes. I saw shows in 10,11, and 12 and they were all vocally fantastic- especially 2011 and 12 believe it or not. We also had cool stuff like the UCAP tour, great setlist additions like Estranged and Civil War, the first Vegas run, etc. Those years were perfectly fine

With last year and this year there is just no power in his voice. He seems to lack passion and there is just no indication that anything new or exciting is coming. Having Duff is cool, but that is really the only good thing about this year. This mindless touring has run its course

Yeah, there were far better performances in the past years and the passion thing could be true, the setlist needs a couple of new songs or a radical change in the order. Just to make it interesting to the band.

If you guys really believe that people make fun or criticise the band based on hate, venom, a pact with Satan, etc, you're the ones with mental issues.

A pact with Satan just to be available 24/7 on the internet, bashing the shit outta nuGNR, cocksucking each other with other coursed souls.

Because I now believe even more, so let there be GNR....

The hilarity

Great post.

Because I now believe even more, so let there be GNR....

Once upon a time that joke was a good one.

I've defended Axl and Gn'R through out the years when I should have walked, I've quit on other bands for far less. Year after year something else happens that shits on the legacy. No rehearsals, Rio, Bridge School but Ashba's performance on SCOM was absolutely unforgivable. This coupled with his recent Patience hack job. At what point do you take a step back and say "this performance is unacceptable"? The lead guitarist is a joke and it pains me to say, but Axl is a joke. His voice is shot. Every new tour is just making it harder and harder to be a fan. Sure, there are fleeing moments of brilliance that rekindle the spark, but they are getting fewer and farther between and the damage done in between is getting so catastrophic,that even the moments of brilliance are starting to not be enough.

Edited by fantomas

Revolver is uploading the videos to YouTube in HD, but they're private :max:

Also, I might be a biased, but I thought Nic's speech was really well done. A lot of emotion from him, as usual. :D

Weird, they were working about 5 minutes ago, wonder what happened?

I've watched Nic Cage's speech about 5 times now. Apart from Duff it is the greatest thing to happen in GNRland since 2010.

HIS VOICE

Just saw another disaster. Im pretty sure that none of the old lineup or the new lineup fans support the frequent blunders this team performs. They'll just defend him coz you gotta give everyone the benefit of doubt.

We all know that not every day is perfect. But lets call spade a spade... when you are a performer, and you make your passion your career, its expected that you keep yourself fit and exciting.

Years ago Axl said that people are still interested in GNR because it reminds them of something that had potential. Well is this the goal? Are we seeing any potential or spark here?

I wont even bug on the hired session players posing behind the original member. If they walk away slow and steady, no one would care and they'll get the recognition they could cash in their 15 minutes of fame.

But the original member, the driving force, oh god I lost respect in the man who I thought was rebellious and crazy. A rebel whose 'playing' and crying over the issues he had with the band, the management, the record label, the fans, everybody, is better off selling second hand cars and enjoying his life than sucking up to the pop world.

This clearly is a confusing personality. This just seems disrespectful to the fans, to Ronnie James Dio to the organizers to his own staff and management.

A man who cant walk two steps on stage without huffing and puffing, someone who calls himself/or atleast presents himself as a singer and cant sing!!! Not one time, not one year but pretty much every single performance is train wreck upon a car crash!!

There are hundreds of bands that dont conform to rockstar attitude or clothing or gimmicks. That doesnt mean that they dont get up and give there 100%. And if this is Axl's current state of 100% then say that he needs time off to get back in the game, lose weight, exercise his voice, plan an album out and go for a tour. Start afresh.
No one would hate him for it.

Axl may be an honest black and white brutally blunt person but when you arent revealing anything or even communicating with your own fans, then you are just another house boat tour rockstar of the 80s. Worse, you're the bald fat banker at the school reunion who once was a heartthrob jock in high school and still snatched the mic from the DJ to sing your fav tune drunk and making a fool of yourself.

• Like 4

Just saw another disaster. Im pretty sure that none of the old lineup or the new lineup fans support the frequent blunders this team performs. They'll just defend him coz you gotta give everyone the benefit of doubt.

We all know that not every day is perfect. But lets call spade a spade... when you are a performer, and you make your passion your career, its expected that you keep yourself fit and exciting.

Years ago Axl said that people are still interested in GNR because it reminds them of something that had potential. Well is this the goal? Are we seeing any potential or spark here?

I wont even bug on the hired session players posing behind the original member. If they walk away slow and steady, no one would care and they'll get the recognition they could cash in their 15 minutes of fame.

But the original member, the driving force, oh god I lost respect in the man who I thought was rebellious and crazy. A rebel whose 'playing' and crying over the issues he had with the band, the management, the record label, the fans, everybody, is better off selling second hand cars and enjoying his life than sucking up to the pop world.

This clearly is a confusing personality. This just seems disrespectful to the fans, to Ronnie James Dio to the organizers to his own staff and management.

A man who cant walk two steps on stage without huffing and puffing, someone who calls himself/or atleast presents himself as a singer and cant sing!!! Not one time, not one year but pretty much every single performance is train wreck upon a car crash!!

There are hundreds of bands that dont conform to rockstar attitude or clothing or gimmicks. That doesnt mean that they dont get up and give there 100%. And if this is Axl's current state of 100% then say that he needs time off to get back in the game, lose weight, exercise his voice, plan an album out and go for a tour. Start afresh.

No one would hate him for it.

Axl may be an honest black and white brutally blunt person but when you arent revealing anything or even communicating with your own fans, then you are just another house boat tour rockstar of the 80s. Worse, you're the bald fat banker at the school reunion who once was a heartthrob jock in high school and still snatched the mic from the DJ to sing your fav tune drunk and making a fool of yourself.

Couldn't say better myself..RESPECTS!!