April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

A lot of this was painful to watch. I am NOT bashing Axl (I am actually a rather large Axl apologist), but he only has himself to thank for this negative and in many ways, inevitable, backlash. If he would SIMPLY get his ass into better shape then his performances would be better. If he could muster up enough motivation to lose 15-20lbs of fat and get his cardio going, his vocal performances would at least be 50% better. Has his vocal range narrowed due to the aging process? Of course! Does he get out of breath a lot due to being out of shape? Fuck yes. What to say. The life of a GNR fan.

Axl's effort last night was an A+...his preparation since August of 2013 till the start of the SA tour was an F-

It's not a big deal though. That whole show was crap. The good part is The crowds reception of Axl when he was announced was incredible! The highlight reel starting with the opening sound of Chinese democracy and going into jungle was great! Nic cage was amazing. He had such enthusiasm in announcing Axl. It was Axl's night. I'm not going to rain on his day. He sang how he sang. There's nothing we can do to make him into his former self. He's still Axl f'n Rose! I'm glad he was honored last night.

• Like 3

The event was livestreamed. It's not like someone stole footage and aired it without permission. There is absolutely no reason to block fans from watching these performances. Truly sad if they are taking these down. If Axl and TB are not happy with these videos, he needs to fix his voice or quit.

*Said hi briefly to Axl Rose. Axl accepted his award from Nic Cage and then did an 8 song set with Gnr. Duff McKagan played the whole show and it was AWESOME to see him rocking those songs side by side with Axl again! Tommy Stinson will be returning soon but I’m glad I got to see Duff with them. Sounded great as did Axl’s voice which was very strong. Axl thanked all the GnR lineups in his brief speech.

source: http://eddietrunk.com/424-recap-of-last-nights-golden-gods-awards-in-la-more/

Sounded great as did Axl’s voice which was very strong. Axl thanked all the GnR lineups in his brief speech.

Sounded great as did Axl’s voice which was very strong. Axl thanked all the GnR lineups in his brief speech.

*Said hi briefly to Axl Rose. Axl accepted his award from Nic Cage and then did an 8 song set with Gnr. Duff McKagan played the whole show and it was AWESOME to see him rocking those songs side by side with Axl again! Tommy Stinson will be returning soon but I’m glad I got to see Duff with them. Sounded great as did Axl’s voice which was very strong. Axl thanked all the GnR lineups in his brief speech.

source: http://eddietrunk.com/424-recap-of-last-nights-golden-gods-awards-in-la-more/

Axl's clean voice has some sort of spell that makes it sound great live. Everubody who attends shows are impressed.

Axl's clean voice has some sort of spell that makes it sound great live. Everubody who attends shows are impressed.

Eddie knows he has to kiss ass if he wants another exclusive interview. I don't think you'll find people with no skin in the game like Alice Cooper or Chester Bennington praising Axl's performance last night. I can see people preferring clean to raspy but how anyone can like the Mr. Hankey voice for the lead singer of Guns N' Fuckin' Roses is beyond me.

Sounded great as did Axl’s voice which was very strong.

Eddie Trunk is so full of shit. I'm sick of people walking on egg shells with Axl. If more people like Eddie said Axl sounded like utter shit, maybe Axl would call it quits or at least fucking do something about it. It's the same thing with people going crazy in the audience, if that ceased or if ticket sales declined, Axl would know something is up.

I do think Axl actually tried last night and it's nice to see that he looked appreciative of the award. But honestly he can't sing anymore. I'm a huge fan of GN'R and thats why I stayed up till 3 in the morning to watch the live stream only to cringe. I rather he quit before it gets worse or idk hurts himself? lol A lot of the people defending the show say that "at least it wasnt a disaster!" but its like this for every show for years. It isn't getting any better. Sure there will be a barely okay show every now and then but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to sing again.

• Like 2

I wish I watched it live too... Instead of studying for my exam tomorrow I'm trying to get through all these posts :lol:

No.........you don't.

At least not the lead up to it lol. The only good performance was Joan Jett. Axl started

out pretty good but then the good ship GnR started taking water. The comments on here

were entertaining though.

Guys guys guys....

I'm far from an Axl apologist, but compared to the Rio, VMA, and Neil Young disasters, this performance was just fine, at least from Axl. I just don't see what he did to offend so many of you so badly, compared to the utter trainwrecks we've seen via streams or televised in the past. This was a 10/10 compared to fuckin Rio...

I do think Axl actually tried last night and it's nice to see that he looked appreciative of the award. But honestly he can't sing anymore. I'm a huge fan of GN'R and thats why I stayed up till 3 in the morning to watch the live stream only to cringe. I rather he quit before it gets worse or idk hurts himself? lol A lot of the people defending the show say that "at least it wasnt a disaster!" but its like this for every show for years. It isn't getting any better. Sure there will be a barely okay show every now and then but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to sing again.

I knew it was going to be a disaster so didn't bother even to wake up and watch it..Best decision to make :P

Eddie Trunk is so full of shit. I'm sick of people walking on egg shells with Axl. If more people like Eddie said Axl sounded like utter shit, maybe Axl would call it quits or at least fucking do something about it. It's the same thing with people going crazy in the audience, if that ceased or if ticket sales declined, Axl would know something is up.

The cognitive dissonance of a guy releasing an album bewailing the plight of a people living in fear while simultaneously having everyone in his social circle taking care not to piss him off is mindblowing.

I knew it was going to be a disaster so didn't bother even to wake up and watch it..Best decision to make :P

I'll have to remember to do that next time :lol:

The cognitive dissonance of a guy releasing an album bewailing the plight of a people living in fear while simultaneously having everyone in his social circle taking care not to piss him off is mindblowing.

You might have to break this down for some of our friends who enjoyed the lovely show last night :P

• Like 1