April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

The funny thing is that these Axl worshippers get really offended like "angelsecrets" who can't stand the idea that someone criticizes their favourite singer..I myself like Axl and his voice/lyrics/stage presence etc. but I'm not completely blind what is happening here like what happened yesterday..I think it's a good thing to say when Axl has had bad performances and point out how to improve cause we all love him and wish him the best..

The concept of a fan forum is that people who -like- the band post, and that is the way it was 10-15 years ago for older posters. There were negatives, but they were sidenotes.

The band has been going for almost 30 years, they are old band. They may never release an album again, but they reserve the right to tour and tour again with the material already recorded. Many bands do it. If they release a new album, then great.

Alot of the GN'R forums have turned into Wonderland freakshows. Jarmo is battling on his forum day to day. Here, it is unreadable because posters want this person sacked, this persons leaving, this person fat, waffle abour rasp and mickey mouse? Genuinely, it is a disgrace to the bands history, and also a disgrace to how the band is represented now on the internet. Any journalist writing an article will come here and think it is fine to write a bad article because they will see the fans are not caring about the band anymore, which is untrue. The true fans just cannot be bothered posting anymore.

For me, most of the forums have become about the posters, not about the band, and it is sad to see, but what can you do

• Like 1

Very crappy sound videos.. <_<

LOL. That made me giggle.

Yes, VERY crappy sound videos! :max:

well,my videos sounded good.

and i had fun.

that's rock n roll.

at least it used to be.

for me it's all about the fans now.

forget rock stars.

Edited by dufforever
  • Like 1

The funny thing is that these Axl worshippers get really offended like "angelsecrets" who can't stand the idea that someone criticizes their favourite singer..I myself like Axl and his voice/lyrics/stage presence etc. but I'm not completely blind what is happening here like what happened yesterday..I think it's a good thing to say when Axl has had bad performances and point out how to improve cause we all love him and wish him the best..

it is a disgrace to the bands history

Last night was a disgrace to the band's history. Who is this 'they' you speak of? I'm the very opposite of a reunionist unless it's a NewGNR reunion but the only people that should be allowed to go on an endless nostalgia tour of the classic material are the guys who fucking wrote it!

You used to at least be an intelligent apologist. That is by far the most sorry post i've ever seen you make.

it is a disgrace to the bands history

Last night was a disgrace to the band's history. Who is this 'they' you speak of? I'm the very opposite of a reunionist unless it's a NewGNR reunion but the only people that should be allowed to go on an endless nostalgia tour of the classic material are the guys who fucking wrote it!

You used to at least be an intelligent apologist. That is by far the most sorry post i've ever seen you make.

This is entirely my point. You call me intelligent apologist on a Guns N'Roses fan forum?

What is that about?

Axl voice has been cyclical in the past...the builds up, blows it, builds it up again.

Sometimes I wonder if he is not waiting for it to "return" before getting in the studio to record something. Only this time, due to his age and probable lack of fitness, it's not happening as it did in 2006 and 2010. It's taking longer, or simply no happening. Just a theory.

Edited by Pedrolg

The concept of a fan forum is that people who -like- the band post, and that is the way it was 10-15 years ago for older posters. There were negatives, but they were sidenotes.

The band has been going for almost 30 years, they are old band. They may never release an album again, but they reserve the right to tour and tour again with the material already recorded. Many bands do it. If they release a new album, then great.

Alot of the GN'R forums have turned into Wonderland freakshows. Jarmo is battling on his forum day to day. Here, it is unreadable because posters want this person sacked, this persons leaving, this person fat, waffle abour rasp and mickey mouse? Genuinely, it is a disgrace to the bands history, and also a disgrace to how the band is represented now on the internet. Any journalist writing an article will come here and think it is fine to write a bad article because they will see the fans are not caring about the band anymore, which is untrue. The true fans just cannot be bothered posting anymore.

For me, most of the forums have become about the posters, not about the band, and it is sad to see, but what can you do

So a fan forum is supposed to only allow positive comments so journalist can come here and write good things about Guns N' Roses? Wtf?

I've seen diehard football fans be much more critical of the teams they support. They're not afraid to call out players and managers for their mistakes or lack of ability. Why is that verboten when it comes to music?

• Like 2

So a fan forum is supposed to only allow positive comments so journalist can come here and write good things about Guns N' Roses? Wtf?

lol mysteron

• Like 1

I'm not cheering or jeering when Axl misses a verse on TIL or even when DJ fucks up the SCOM intro, but I'll still call a spade a spade. Some mistakes aren't the band members faults, others are. I was rooting for Axl when he got the award but a lack of preparation made itself clear, despite Axl's best efforts on the night.

Release music. Give interviews. release music. Post facebook status updates with content. Release music.

Seriously, if a band wants to be talked about, said band has to do what defines a band: Make music. And since after a while everything is said about about the released music, they have to release new music.

That's what a band can do to make forums talk about the band again.

• Like 1

That version of Welcome to the Jungle is strikingly similar to that of Rock In Rio 2011. Axl's all over the place vocally.

I dunno what's happening with him, it saddens me seeing him get so much shit due to lack-luster performances and there is only so much support and backing I can give. I want to see the man winning, but he's going to need to put in a bit more effort than this.

Axl voice has been cyclical in the past...the builds up, blows it, builds it up again.

Sometimes I wonder if he is not waiting for it to "return" before getting in the studio to record something. Only this time, due to his age and probable lack of fitness, it's not happening as it did in 2006 and 2010. It's taking longer, or simply no happening. Just a theory.

Axl is getting older day to day

No, of course not.

But, if I was a casual fan of the current band, and I came here to say, hey I enjoyed a concert I went to yesterday, the posts here would put me off.

Remember, a couple of hundred post, but hundreds of thousands, millions, attend the concerts around the world. 99% of people who see GN'R do not post

• Like 1

Guys guys guys....

I'm far from an Axl apologist, but compared to the Rio, VMA, and Neil Young disasters, this performance was just fine, at least from Axl. I just don't see what he did to offend so many of you so badly, compared to the utter trainwrecks we've seen via streams or televised in the past. This was a 10/10 compared to fuckin Rio...

I tend to agree.

I was at the first night of the Bridge School benefit, which was the worst performance I've seen in person (yet still not as the-sky-is-falling bad as some made it out to be IMO), and IMO, this was much better than that. Overall, I think it was an average or fair performance (neither good nor bad) compared to what I've seen myself in recent years.

Ali

Release music. Give interviews. release music. Post facebook status updates with content. Release music.

Seriously, if a band wants to be talked about, said band has to do what defines a band: Make music. And since after a while everything is said about about the released music, they have to release new music.

That's what a band can do to make forums talk about the band again.

Exactly. How is this a radical concept?

• Like 1

Here, it is unreadable because posters want this person sacked, this persons leaving, this person fat, waffle abour rasp and mickey mouse? Genuinely, it is a disgrace to the bands history, and also a disgrace to how the band is represented now on the internet.

Sorry, but get real. There's absolutely zero, zip, nada, zilch to be positive about in GnR world right now, the forum is

just reflecting that. Put on a shitty, lacklustre performance and that's what kind of reaction you'll get. It's not like everyone

is negative all the time. Sure, some are, but I didn't go into the Golden Gods stream looking for a train wreck (yes, I knew it

could happen), I was hoping Axl and the band could put out a respectable effort, they didn't. People can spin it any way they

want, but if you let 10 GnR-neutral people watch that they're all going to laugh and shake their head.

• Like 1

I've seen diehard football fans be much more critical of the teams they support. They're not afraid to call out players and managers for their mistakes or lack of ability. Why is that verboten when it comes to music?

Like you said, Springsteen gets battered on Bruce forums despite what he does. It's kind of amazing Axl has as many defenders as he does at this point.

I'm not ignoring you, Mysteron, I just cba.

I've spent the entire day burning and importing Guns boots and have been blown away by some recently released boots I haven't heard like new versions of Rome, Nagoya and Osaka 2010 that are absolutely sick.

I hope you enjoy listening to The Golden Bods on your ipod!

8zpa8x.jpg

Aye, football fans are no better

I lived in Leeds and experienced their fans at their worst. Just as bad, and really, an excellent example

I also live east of Stratford near the West Ham ground, and got attacked by West Ham fans leaving a game at Upton Park.

Like you said, Springsteen gets battered on Bruce forums despite what he does. It's kind of amazing Axl has as many defenders as he does at this point.

I'm not ignoring you, Mysteron, I just cba.

I've spent the entire day burning and importing Guns boots and have been blown away by some recently released boots I haven't heard like new versions of Rome, Nagoya and Osaka 2010 that are absolutely sick.

I hope you enjoy listening to The Golden Bods on your ipod!

8zpa8x.jpg

All cool

I just want to discuss things positively sometimes. It saddens me to read things here.

• Like 1

Sadly, this is very true.

This forum is known for having a large base of regular posters who often bash Axl and the band.

MSL's forum is know for letting Warchild and her alt accounts run free, and the forum that thinks Slash is worse than Stalin, Hitler and Satan.

HTGTH is know as the forum where only you can only post worshiping comments about the band or you will be banned.

GnFR or whatever that one is know as the place people go to make fun of the band.