April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

If I was his manager, he'd be on 1 years sabatical

You think Team Brazil is going to let him go on a 1 year sabatical?

They have alot of mouths to feed, and Axl is there only source of revenue and only client.

If he doesn't work they don't eat.

They could care less about his well being.

Besides, they go out of there way to make sure he will never even consider a reunion as it wouldn't be Team Brazil managing the band in that situation you can guarantee. Team Brazil is way too small time for a GNR reunion. It is why they have isolated Axl and don't let anyone in his life that could possibly expose the con they are running for the financial betterment of their entire clan.

Ugly, but valid points.

If I cared about Axl I wouldn't let him go onstage unprepared like at the GG show and embarrass himself like that.

- The band (Pitman and Dizzy don't really do anything) sounded awesome as usual.

- Ashba was inaccurate occasionally and fucked something else up he could've simply delegated to someone else whilst he changed guitar

- The set was nice but the order illogical

- Axl's voice is shot to absolute shit even tho he tries - it's time to pack it in unless he can get it sorted out - it's been four years and it's not coming back, One line of rasp, into a wavering falsetto into an out of breath mumble, if he doesn't drop a line explaining what the heck's wrong what can he expect milk and cookies from the hardcore fanbase who actually show their support rather than just show interest when 'Guns N' Roses' come to town not knowing who anyone is nor caring his vocals are way off what he's capable of.

- Last chance pissed away on a mainstream stage to progress this line up into a viable GNR incarnation with a new song. Perhaps with his vocals was better that way.

- Thanked 'our producer Caram' which was intriguing.

- If you're not Fortus, you're definitely against us.

I was going to write a damn paper on how terrible this was. I'm going to save you all from that.

Axl is an old has-been. Even those who worship him (I hope) can realize this. There are plenty of 50+ year old singers who still rock today, and Axl isn't one of them, at least live-performing wise. Song writing? How can you even judge? This I Love (amongst others) is cringe-worthy, but can't really judge one album on a songwriters' ability.

How can you fix this band? I'll let ya know!

1. Fire ASHBA Swag ™ (I hope I don't have to explain this)

That would suffice for now. But in case that isn't realistic enough:

2. Hey Axl, hit a treadmill inbetween your stale, consitantly boring (and stagnent) stage moves,. Your voice? I'm not sure on this. Stop drinking/smoking would help, but then again, you're a stubbern asshole. So who knows (or cares) on this one.

3. Fire Team Brazil. Again, this is obvious. If I hired a maid (I wouldn't, I'm not a lazy fuck and I can consistantly clean up after myself), I wouldn't hire her/them/Brazil to be my management team, no matter what my profession is. Unless, of course, somehow I was a very rich maid/house keeper.

PS - I don't often post my opinion about this "band" anymore, but I like the fact that this mod team allows us to post our actual opinions, whether or not they're positive or negative. That's unique, especially in this "join the ride (while I openly tour with the band), or fuck off attitude.

It's much appreciated.

Interesting to read your opinion & sorry you feel this way. So many people have so many opinions that differ & I don't agree with much of what you say.

I saw GNR last year & have to say it was the best concert I've been to in the last 30yrs of concerts. Not because Axl's voice was perfect or the guitars were tuned properly but because I had fun. This band provided entertainment plus, ok the music isn't new but they gave their all in their performance & there's not many concerts where I've been allowed to stand up & join in without people behind hissing at me to sit down. That was in the front row (it was seating at this venue).

Axl drinks as we see from photos & smokes a cigar, I don't know if cigars are as bad as/better than cigarettes but surely he's allowed to drink. Would you give up a vice you have if people criticised you for it? It might affect his weight but notice without the coats he isn't anywhere near as weighty as he looks on stage.

This I Love you don't like, but the words "I searched the universe and found myself within her eyes" aren't cringe-worthy to me. Maybe you don't like a rock star singing a ballad type song. :shrugs:

Beta you call a maid, she had a very high powered job in Brasil in a business and she talked to me about it and it was obvious she has business sense. She left Brasil to give her family more than she could in their own country so took on a job as 'babysitter' but that doesn't mean she lost her business skills. Many don't like TB & the way they handle things - that's fine. I don't have a problem with them and I don't have a problem with people who don't like them either. They were friendly & at times do talk Axl into meeting fans when pushed so that's a positive. Who would you consider to have been the best management and why aren't they still managing the band?

One question for you though, do you have spell check? I hate being critical but even maids/housekeepers/babysitters are able to spell correctly. ;)

Have a nice night/day :)

• Like 1

If I was his manager, he'd be on 1 years sabatical

You think Team Brazil is going to let him go on a 1 year sabatical?

They have alot of mouths to feed, and Axl is there only source of revenue and only client.

If he doesn't work they don't eat.

They could care less about his well being.

Besides, they go out of there way to make sure he will never even consider a reunion as it wouldn't be Team Brazil managing the band in that situation you can guarantee. Team Brazil is way too small time for a GNR reunion. It is why they have isolated Axl and don't let anyone in his life that could possibly expose the con they are running for the financial betterment of their entire clan.

Good to see other people too see what TB is really about..It's not a coincidence that Beta and Fernando but especially Beta is almost always with Axl..She wants to guard her goldmine and not let "bad people" around Axl...Axl is just too blind to see Beta's real intentions which is $$$$$$$$$$$

I was going to write a damn paper on how terrible this was. I'm going to save you all from that.

Axl is an old has-been. Even those who worship him (I hope) can realize this. There are plenty of 50+ year old singers who still rock today, and Axl isn't one of them, at least live-performing wise. Song writing? How can you even judge? This I Love (amongst others) is cringe-worthy, but can't really judge one album on a songwriters' ability.

2. Hey Axl, hit a treadmill inbetween your stale, consitantly boring (and stagnent) stage moves,. Your voice? I'm not sure on this. Stop drinking/smoking would help, but then again, you're a stubbern asshole. So who knows (or cares) on this one.

3. Fire Team Brazil. Again, this is obvious. If I hired a maid (I wouldn't, I'm not a lazy fuck and I can consistantly clean up after myself), I wouldn't hire her/them/Brazil to be my management team, no matter what my profession is. Unless, of course, somehow I was a very rich maid/house keeper.

PS - I don't often post my opinion about this "band" anymore, but I like the fact that this mod team allows us to post our actual opinions, whether or not they're positive or negative. That's unique, especially in this "join the ride (while I openly tour with the band), or fuck off attitude.

It's much appreciated.

Interesting to read your opinion & sorry you feel this way. So many people have so many opinions that differ & I don't agree with much of what you say.

I saw GNR last year & have to say it was the best concert I've been to in the last 30yrs of concerts. Not because Axl's voice was perfect or the guitars were tuned properly but because I had fun. This band provided entertainment plus, ok the music isn't new but they gave their all in their performance & there's not many concerts where I've been allowed to stand up & join in without people behind hissing at me to sit down. That was in the front row (it was seating at this venue).

Axl drinks as we see from photos & smokes a cigar, I don't know if cigars are as bad as/better than cigarettes but surely he's allowed to drink. Would you give up a vice you have if people criticised you for it? It might affect his weight but notice without the coats he isn't anywhere near as weighty as he looks on stage.

This I Love you don't like, but the words "I searched the universe and found myself within her eyes" aren't cringe-worthy to me. Maybe you don't like a rock star singing a ballad type song. :shrugs:

Beta you call a maid, she had a very high powered job in Brasil in a business and she talked to me about it and it was obvious she has business sense. She left Brasil to give her family more than she could in their own country so took on a job as 'babysitter' but that doesn't mean she lost her business skills. Many don't like TB & the way they handle things - that's fine. I don't have a problem with them and I don't have a problem with people who don't like them either. They were friendly & at times do talk Axl into meeting fans when pushed so that's a positive. Who would you consider to have been the best management and why aren't they still managing the band?

One question for you though, do you have spell check? I hate being critical but even maids/housekeepers/babysitters are able to spell correctly. ;)

Have a nice night/day :)

I would say Alan Niven and Dog Goldstein were the best managers for GnR..

Axl Rose is pretty street smart and sharp, this weird fantasy people have that Beta is a sly parasite is hilariously twisted and a little fucked up. She is aware her life is a lot more comfortable due to his wealth and so is Axl, it's reciprocal for god's sake. There's a lot of things wrong with how GNR has turned out but the guy is consciously aware of Beta and her family and obviously gets a lot out of such a relationship so as to feel comfortable in sharing his life and assets..

• Like 2

I would say Alan Niven and Dog Goldstein were the best managers for GnR.. :lol:

You mean "Douggie" as Axl called him when he needed help during an unruly Sth American audience throwing or spitting at him on stage.

Why were they sacked or why did they leave? I know I've read the books etc but there have been so many people involved I'm not getting out the books or googling it.

Did they have a team or were they just single managers? Perhaps they managed the band while Axl still had his issues to deal with & just got tired of his tirades?

Axl Rose is pretty street smart and sharp, this weird fantasy people have that Beta is a sly parasite is hilariously twisted and a little fucked up. She is aware her life is a lot more comfortable due to his wealth and so is Axl, it's reciprocal for god's sake. There's a lot of things wrong with how GNR has turned out but the guy is consciously aware of Beta and her family and obviously gets a lot out of such a relationship so as to feel comfortable in sharing his life and assets..

This! Axl ain't a fucking retard.

I suppose the issue is that we would need a crystal ball to see what a Beta-less alternative timeline would look like. If we knew we might agree that she is a good thing. I would prefer to see him with a wife, couple of kids and an experienced manager but things could probably be worse.

Sometimes feels like he is...I mean who would hire a housekeeper as manager?..Where are Beta's skills to manage a rockband?? This shit is so ridiculous..

I worked in Quaker, in Itajai, Santa Catarina. I was an executive secretary.

It's been repeated so many times about her previous employment before she became a "housekeeper" you shouldn't need to keep asking. An Executive Secretary practically runs the office for her boss, I didn't get as high as that but I know how tough it is to keep a boss "in line" and to "manage him". She had more business sense than most.

Sometimes feels like he is...I mean who would hire a housekeeper as manager?..Where are Beta's skills to manage a rockband?? This shit is so ridiculous..

She was his PA at the time she was hired and Axl probably thought she would do a good enough job...which she seems to be doing (although her PR and communication skills leaves a lot to be desired). After all, the band has been running smoothly since she took over with lots of successful touring and a stable lineup. Not many GN'R managers (any?) can claim that success.

The only real criticism I can level on Team Brazil is their ridiculous communication with the fan base. Except for that I have no valid reasons for criticism. And I certainly isn't going to rag on Beta for having been a maid or housekeeper once. More power to her, I say. The American Dream may have been forgotten by most Americans today but I happen to be fond of it. From rags to riches or so they say.

Edited by SoulMonster

It's been repeated so many times about her previous employment before she became a "housekeeper" you shouldn't need to keep asking. An Executive Secretary practically runs the office for her boss, I didn't get as high as that but I know how tough it is to keep a boss "in line" and to "manage him". She had more business sense than most.

We are now talking about a fucking rockband..not some corporation which Beta could run pretty well since she has that business background..So are you saying that if you have business education/background u can also run rockbands?

She was his PA at the time she was hired and Axl probably thought she would do a good enough job...which she seems to be doing (although her PR and communication skills leaves a lot to be desired. After all, the band has been running smoothly since she took over with lots of successful touring and a stable lineup. Not many GN'R managers (any?) can claim that success.

The only real criticism I can level on Team Brazil is their ridiculous communication with the fan base. Except for that I have no valid reasons for criticism. And I certainly isn't going to rag on Beta for having been a maid or housekeeper once. More power to her, I say. The American Dream may have been forgotten by most Americans today but I happen to be fond of it. From rags to riches or so they say.

And how about putting albums out? Previous managers could help to accomplish that..Beta and TB just want to tour endlesly..

We are now talking about a fucking rockband..not some corporation which Beta could run pretty well since she has that business background..So are you saying that if you have business education/background u can also run rockbands?

Of course. You wouldn't be doing a great your until you had the network and experience, but that is the same with very job. At least you know business which would help greatly in most of your task as a rock band manager. I wish more band managers had business experience/education.

It's much appreciated.

There really are less offensive ways you could have made your point. Yeah, you're allowed to state an opinion, but why call him an asshole in the process? It just diminishes your post overall IMO.

Guys, I get that a lot of people are disappointed - but was anyone expecting them to play for over an hour last night? Was anyone expecting much at all?

Axl was better than I expected. I had pretty low expectations, and he exceeded them. We got 8 songs instead of 3. He moved around a lot more than he has been this tour. The vocals were definitely shaky at the start, but he looked nervous as hell and he improved once he settled in. He had some moments there last night that you have to argue were among the best in a year. The difficult setlist definitely didn't do him any favours. Better -> TIL -> YCBM??? He did OK given the circumstances.

I'm not saying we all have to kiss ass by any means, but it would be cool if people were a bit more objective sometimes too. Credit where it's due, last night had some great moments, and I think it was a good thing overall, despite the flaws in the performance.

• Like 2

I think most people with reasonable intelligence and dedication can learn to do most things. However the learning process means mistakes will be made, I guess most high profile bands hire long time industry big guys to try and minimise that risk but perhaps whatever the attraction of TB is for Axl outweighs this.

This is getting ridiculous. What do you study to become a rock band manager ? She's been with GNR since the beginning of the nineties. I bet she learned a thing or two during that time.

I don't know if she's a good manager, but please, stop with the housekeeper story. Rock4eva explained she wasn't a nanny in Brazil, she was a nanny for what ? A few years of her life ? Trying to make a better life for her kids. Then she became a PA and whatnot, now she's a manager. But people still call her a nanny :shrugs:

I just don't think that's fair. You can criticize her all you want, but in a fair way. The housekeeper story is hitting below the belt, if you ask me.

• Like 1

And how about putting albums out? Previous managers could help to accomplish that..Beta and TB just want to tour endlesly..

It is not the managers job to put albums out. Their job is to facilitate the process of putting albums out (just like they facilitate touring).

There is only one person "to blame" for the lack of new music and that is Axl Rose.

• Like 1

It is not the managers job to put albums out. Their job is to facilitate the process of putting albums out (just like they facilitate touring).

There is only one person "to blame" for the lack of new music and that is Axl Rose.

But has Beta facilitated the process of putting albums out? One can always ask..

She was his PA at the time she was hired and Axl probably thought she would do a good enough job...which she seems to be doing (although her PR and communication skills leaves a lot to be desired. After all, the band has been running smoothly since she took over with lots of successful touring and a stable lineup. Not many GN'R managers (any?) can claim that success.

She ran a corporation and she is PA to Axl who is her boss, a Secretary can run anything from a small business to a rock band. She doesn't need musical talent but needs to be able to negotiate, book hotels/concert halls etc and work out the financial side of it which she seems to have taught Fernando and perhaps Alex. The same as she would have done for her boss/es at Quakers.

Plus if you have a business education and corporate skills you can also be a housekeeper/maid/shopper/babysitter/cook. Kudos to her for having to deal with men in an industry practically run by men, just because she's a woman doesn't mean she can't manage Axl. She's been doing it for 20yrs now & he wouldn't be the easiest person to work for.

I'd hate to have to deal with 7 men backstage, organising them & getting them onstage at a reasonable time.

Even Chinese Democracy had to be wrenched from his bloody and stubbornly clinging arms after several tours and leaks and several managers so we can't lay that on Beta's door. Axl will always be the sole conduit that decides when he wants a record out but we must consider the possibility the label has rejected it unless there's a reunion or at least Duff on board.

But has Beta facilitated the process of putting albums out? One can always ask..

Hopefully Team Brazil will do a great job with that if they get the chance. Beta was definitely present during the whole process of releasing Chinese Democracy, perhaps she learnt a little or so from that. And if we are to go by how Team Brazil has facilitated the touring, then it suggests they would also do a good job facilitating the release of an album (although these tasks aren't perfectly overlapping in terms of what is needed).