April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

How do you know that Slash won't be there?

If Axl agreed to be there it's assumed Slash won't be allowed in the building.

Well,as far as anyone knows. Axl can't stop him from attending. At least,a few of us think that he can't. With it being an event that he more than likely can't say who can and can not attend.

If he couldn't he probably wouldn't have agreed to show up.

I think it's naive to say that Axl will be influenced by what the vast majority of people percieve as his 'defining' songs. I personally believe it's highly unlikely that he won't play a song from Chinese Democracy.

It's a Lifetime Achievement award, not an eight years of your life award.

Edited by NGOG

Slash secretly changed his legal name to Nicolas Cage and will present the award, that would be pretty intriguing. Would Axl storm offstage tossing the award in the air like several of his old microphones? Will he shove the award up his ass and proclaim 'It's in my ass, that's where Slash's peace offering is, go home fuckheads!' or will he take it all in good stride and ask him to duet on a new song such would be his delight at Slash seeing first hand the grotesque monolith of hashtags n' door slamming swagbag himself, Dj Ashba?

If Slash wanted to attend and this organization told him that he couldn't. Because Axl said no. Then they suck waaaay beyond The Rock-N-Roll Hall Of Fame.

I mean do they have an invite only list?Or can anyone(other celebs)that wants to attend can?See how crazy that would be?Talk about being a fucking baby and denying Slash to attend an award show.

I think it's naive to say that Axl will be influenced by what the vast majority of people percieve as his 'defining' songs. I personally believe it's highly unlikely that he won't play a song from Chinese Democracy.

Those 8 years are the only reason he's being recognized. If you think it's for anything from CD, who is the one being naïve?

• Like 1

anyone from here attending/posting updates?

It's being streamed so why would anyone waste their time updating us? I think a couple guys are going and they could give us their perspective on the live atmosphere after the show.

I'm wondering if either of them can secure party passes to mingle with Pittman, Fernando and Beta.

From what I understand Joan Jett is going to be getting the golden god award so the show will most likely focus on her and her career, does that mean shes going to be headlining the event as well?

I doubt Axl would agree to play second fiddle to Joan Jett.

Those 8 years are the only reason he's being recognized. If you think it's for anything from CD, who is the one being naïve?

I'm not necessarily saying the organizers admire Chinese Democracy, but they named their award a certain way and Axl is entitled to accept it at face value.

It's not a GNR specific award, it's not a contribution to music award. It's a Lifetime Achievement award - so why would Axl refrain from representing a record that took up a large part of his life?

I'm looking forward to some cd songs being played. That's a big part of Axl's career. It got people to view him as a perfectionist and ultimately that record became a huge part of music history for the 00's. The money and secrets behind the record are legendary.

People use to talk about the record like it was the holy grail. The record turned out to be just another music record though. There was no magical essence to it. It was what it was, but from 99-08 the record created a life of it's own in the music world.

It didn't reach the hype, but it is deeply laced in Axl's and GNR history for better or worse.

Give the kid a break. He wasn't around back in the day like us bitter old-timers. But yeah this lifetime achievement award is pretty much for the AFD/UYI era. In that article posted where current bands talked about Gn'R on artist direct in 2012 the majority spoke of Slash&the old band.

If he played Anything Goes would you complain? Because although on AFD, that song had zero impact and has had nothing to do with his achievements.

Its exciting that this is going to be broadcasted live, im sure their will be some fans chanting things like "reunion" and yellng shit about Slash.

Even if Axl released a record on par with AFD there would still be fans yelling for Slash. From what I remember there is a fan pit up front where the artists speak so I guess it could get interesting during Axl's speech.

I'm not necessarily saying the organizers admire Chinese Democracy, but they named their award a certain way and Axl is entitled to accept it at face value.

It's not a GNR specific award, it's not a contribution to music award. It's a Lifetime Achievement award - so why would Axl refrain from representing a record that took up a large part of his life?

The crowd attending this thing is not the same type of crowd attending a GNR concert. They can play a few CD songs at their shows because they know people need bathroom breaks. But seriously, I don't see them boring the people there, or risking a lull in the momentum with a song many of them wouldn't know, especially if it's only 3 songs as mentioned.

If he played Anything Goes would you complain? Because although on AFD, that song had zero impact and has had nothing to do with his achievements.

So it's just like CD then? Cool. We can agree neither should be played.

Edited by Bards

anyone from here attending/posting updates?

It's being streamed so why would anyone waste their time updating us? I think a couple guys are going and they could give us their perspective on the live atmosphere after the show.

I'm wondering if either of them can secure party passes to mingle with Pittman, Fernando and Beta.

From what I understand Joan Jett is going to be getting the golden god award so the show will most likely focus on her and her career, does that mean shes going to be headlining the event as well?

I doubt Axl would agree to play second fiddle to Joan Jett.

oops, i thought it was being recorded, not broadcasted live. sorry haha