April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I've been totally out of the loop concerning this show, so this is just a quick question from me.....will slash be there? and yeah I know of course he wont be on stage and I don't want him to be actually.

Just wondering if he'll be in the audience since he's been there pretty much every year?

Don't worry everyone, I'm using the spirit of yoda from sedona to tap into Axl's colourful thoughtscape and intrude some gnarly progression into his mysterious plans

Tonight's set:

Right Next Door To Hell

Jungle

Nightrain

Shackler's Revenge

It's So Easy (cause we know they're playing it)

Civil War

Estranged

The General

• Like 1

Ha Ha cool!

Love your pic of Malcolm McDowell. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a horror convention about 4 years ago. Very nice guy and very handsome in person.

He had a panel and talked about when he was younger how arrogant he was. he also was the one who suggested the false eyelash for A Clockwork Orange. Awesome film!

Axl has many many fans who support him. I am one and I know you are too!

Everytime GNR come to Dallas, the shows are sold out. That's who matters, fans who come out and support Axl and GNR and the others who complain, don't really matter.

Trunk has a habit of jumping to conclusions. They are likely preparing 8 songs, as opposed to playing 8. That way Axl can decide in the moment what he feels like playing.

Better is not a definitive Axl song by any means, but it'd be cool if they played a new(er) track along with the old. I'm expecting wttj, scom and paradise city. Maybe patience.

Better has some of my favourite Axl lyrics, and I'm sure Axl's proud of them, too. And it'd be a joke if he stuck to a five-year period for something honouring Lifetime Achievement. Not saying it's out of the question, but it would be really disappointing if CD wasn't acknowledged at all by Axl.

Better is not a definitive Axl song by any means, but it'd be cool if they played a new(er) track along with the old. I'm expecting wttj, scom and paradise city. Maybe patience.

Better has some of my favourite Axl lyrics, and I'm sure Axl's proud of them, too. And it'd be a joke if he stuck to a five-year period for something honouring Lifetime Achievement. Not saying it's out of the question, but it would be really disappointing if CD wasn't acknowledged at all by Axl.

i just meant it's not definitive in the sense that a lot of people probably wouldn't associate that tune when they think of axl rose. all the old hits take priority, so if he's accepting a lifetime achievement award, there's about a dozen other songs that could be ranked above it in terms of being 'definitive.' but that's my opinion.

i'm not disagreeing that it would be cool of him to play a newer tune, but i'd be surprised if he did.

I hope whatever they show of Axl's career reminds people of how incredible of a performer he is and was! People tend to forget what made Axl so popular.

That's because he hasn't reminded them in a very long time.

And hopefully there won't be any CD songs. None of them can be considered part of his "achievement".