April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

It's like being at a Manchester United message board and having all these fans there who bash the team constantly because they were "better before", like in 1999, or whatever. I stand up for the team. If you want me to not be serious meet me in 'Anythign Goes'. Here I am a fan of GN'R, past and present. ;)

But don't Manchester United players still practice between games?

Very good point, maynard, because rehearing is really important now just after the SA tour.

The whole band is rehearsing. And they ALL sound way better than Axl. Yup. Including DJ.

And guess what? They just ended a South American tour as well! Stupid professional musicians!

:lol: that's what musicians (not) do :lol:

It's like being at a Manchester United message board and having all these fans there who bash the team constantly because they were "better before", like in 1999, or whatever. I stand up for the team. If you want me to not be serious meet me in 'Anythign Goes'. Here I am a fan of GN'R, past and present. ;)

It's hard to say these days :D.

But seriously, I really don't think Axl needs to practise in-between the gigs, at least not together with the band mates (although I wish he did). I think this rehearsal is more about finding the "sweet spots" and setting up all the technical equipment.

I see that Tom Petty is being honored tonight to in LA (Hollywood) http://variety.com/2014/music/news/ascap-to-honor-tom-petty-at-pop-music-awards-1201140749/ . Without knowing the travel distance between LA and Hollywood I wonder what the chances of an encore performance of this are?-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3uUVbtPbnw

Edited by Snowmass

It's hard to say these days :D.

But seriously, I really don't think Axl needs to practise in-between the gigs, at least not together with the band mates (although I wish he did). I think this rehearsal is more about finding the "sweet spots" and setting up all the technical equipment.

Yeah, I would agree to a certain extent. Back in my band days most venue practices are meant to check audio levels more than anything else. Moreover, I doubt one rehearsal would do much to improve Axl's vocals.

But having said all of that, it still doesn't look very good that Axl misses out on stuff like this (especially since the pictures are published for the public) while sounding as badly as he has. Manchester United players still practice regardless of how well they're playing. Considering Axls vocals are becoming the weakest aspect of the overall performance, it wouldn't hurt to elevate his work ethic. I mean, he is being awarded a life-time achievement after all.

Then again, who is to say that Axl isn't rehearsing on his own.

Edited by downzy

It would be much easier for me to accept DJ in GN'R, if he looked like this when playing gigs:

hbOytqi.jpg

uxrBxAo.jpg

I agree.

x2

Between the more stylish (read: not Hot Topic-circa-2002) haircut and the relatively normal (read: not Hot Topic for Boys circa-2004) clothing, DJ looks borderline cool in these pics (I said borderline). :lol:

Seriously though, dude should always rock this look. Looks fresh.

I see that Tom Petty is being honored tonight to in LA (Hollywood) http://variety.com/2014/music/news/ascap-to-honor-tom-petty-at-pop-music-awards-1201140749/ . Without knowing the travel distance between LA and Hollywood I wonder what the chances of an encore performance of this are?-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3uUVbtPbnw

Axl in is prime.

That captures his voice right at its peak. Before the Illusion tour made it a little excessively haggard, but he still had the powerful rasp when he needed to, and the clean seductive drawl during the choruses.

But having said all of that, it still doesn't look very good that Axl misses out on stuff like this (especially since the pictures are published for the public) while sounding as badly as he has. Manchester United players still practice regardless of how well they're playing. Considering Axls vocals are becoming the weakest aspect of the overall performance, it wouldn't hurt to elevate his work ethic. I mean, he is being awarded a life-time achievement after all.

Then again, who is to say that Axl isn't rehearsing on his own.

I agree wholeheartedly with all of this. He might not have rehearsed with his band mates since the club dates, but it is really time to start now. Not so much to up his level, but to help build cohesion within the band, foster camaraderie, and to be in on some jams and start the creative process of making new songs with the guys.

• Like 1

how long until it starts?

9 and a half hours.

Damn..It's loo late hour here in Europe then <_< Have to watch it afterwards....

in western europe, the show will start at 4 am. but nugnr will be the last to play, probably around 6 or 7 am

May catch some of it tomorrow morning then :)

how long until it starts?

9 and a half hours.

Damn..It's loo late hour here in Europe then <_< Have to watch it afterwards....

in western europe, the show will start at 4 am. but nugnr will be the last to play, probably around 6 or 7 am

I live in Finland so really late hour here man...