To those who don't expect any new music....

I'm in the middle, not sure if they will play new stuff or not tonight, but there are some people here who think anyone expecting new music tonight is in a fantasy land.

So, I figured I start a fun little thread for those who truly believe that there is no way whatsoever that new music will be played. So, for those of you, finish this sentance....

If new music is played tonight, I will............

(example: eat my hat)

I will buy some AshbaSwag™

Jk., I might actually buy a GnR shirt or something tho.

EDIT: One 2nd thought, buying Merch might actually be a good idea, if GnR sees their sales go

up from playing new music then maybe they'll start doing more and more.

Edited by jbhutto

I will be pleasantly surprised and probably listen to the YouTube recording about 30 times in a row.

Pretty much this, except it'll probably be more like 15 times in a row, 10 minute break, then play it some more :lol:

Remember rio 01, remember hammerstein 06, remember taipai 09, remember RIO 14!!!!

Woah. Five year gaps between new music. How did I not really notice that before?

• Like 1

I'm in the middle, not sure if they will play new stuff or not tonight, but there are some people here who think anyone expecting new music tonight is in a fantasy land.

So, I figured I start a fun little thread for those who truly believe that there is no way whatsoever that new music will be played. So, for those of you, finish this sentance....

If they play a brand new GN'R song tonight, I will go immediately to Ashba 's site and purchase AshbaSwag then post a picture of myself wearing it in public as soon as it arrives.

:lol:

Don't do that to yourself man. No one deserves that...

• Like 1

If it weren't for the MYGNRFORUM exclusive posted months ago I wouldn't be expecting any new music. So if it happens I'll be happy that my favorite band has played something new. I'm also hoping for some lesser played Illusions material to be played this tour as well.

I will be pleasantly surprised and probably listen to the YouTube recording about 30 times in a row.

That's the thing.

I am a huge cynic when it comes to Axl delivering such things, and I feel with pretty good reason. But I'm not so committed to it that I would not be all over it like stink on a monkey if he did.

Whenever I get it dust-ups at HTGTH over the same old stuff (no new album, no communication, etc) I am always quick to point out that if they came out and played 3 new songs, that dominates the conversation for days.

Do you honestly think if we could get a new song of three, people would still be talking about Axl's poor communication skills? No way in hell.

That's the thing.

I am a huge cynic when it comes to Axl delivering such things, and I feel with pretty good reason. But I'm not so committed to it that I would not be all over it like stink on a monkey if he did.

Whenever I get it dust-ups at HTGTH over the same old stuff (no new album, no communication, etc) I am always quick to point out that if they came out and played 3 new songs, that dominates the conversation for days.

Do you honestly think if we could get a new song of three, people would still be talking about Axl's poor communication skills? No way in hell.

If GnR came out and debuted two new songs - these forums would go crazy with positive talk. Sure, a few people would say the songs suck. But the amount of goodwill and positive reaction would be enormous for GnR. Can you imagine if he plays 2-3 actual new songs, along with adding a couple deep tracks from old albums. All the GnR forums would be overwhelmed with positive comments.

But if they come out and just play a new cover, Silkworms and Going Down (with Axl not on lead vocals).......you know the bashing is going to be at level 10.

Some people say that Axl can't catch a break or that people will always complain no matter what he does. But that really is just silly. The ball is always in Axl's court. People will react according to his actions.

• Like 1

If they play a brand new GN'R song tonight, I will go immediately to Ashba 's site and purchase AshbaSwag then post a picture of myself wearing it in public as soon as it arrives.

:lol:

Don't do that to yourself man. No one deserves that...

He's been looking for an excuse to purchase some swag anyway ;)

Is gloating allowed if they play new music? Because gloating will be allowed if they don't. ; )

I would say that all of the gloating there is will be allowed in this scenario. It's been too long since Axl supporters have had something to gloat about.

What would there be to gloat about though? I think 99% of the people who aren't expecting new music to be played would be extremely joyful if there was. I'd bet that almost everybody here who is predicting no new music would love to be wrong about their prediction.

Almost everybody here wants and hopes to get new GnR music......they just aren't expecting it to happen.

I'd say instead of gloating about it, why not just be happy that we finally get new GnR music? That is the final prize, right? That's more important to all of us than getting to "gloat" at another forum member. Yes? Not saying you, Damn Smooth, but the fact people would want to gloat about something like this shows you what is important to them. Forum feuds are more important than coming together to enjoy new GnR music. Sort of strange, but what can you do.

I don't think we'll get any real new GnR music. Probably just a new solo, new cover and something like OMG or Going Down. But I'll be the happiest person on this forum if GnR actually plays a couple new tunes. And if people want to bash me because I was wrong............ :shrugs: I'll be obsessively listening to the new music to really care too much about the forum wars.