How has tonight's tour kickoff affected your opinion of GNR?

GNR in Rio 2014  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My expectations from Axl's GNR have been pretty much non existent since 09 when after years of teetering on the precipice of being a complete joke it was confirmed by DJ Ashba joining the band.

Anybody who gets their hopes up about this winebar version of GNR deserves to have them dashed.

Actually nothing really changed. I'd love to see another show though. But I would be a bit dissapointed. I saw them 3 times before and there's no 'new' song we heard.. :/

Axl seems to be more unproductive than me. And that means something.

Edited by gnrseb

I am far, far less excited for the concert I am flying to see on my birthday in Buenos Aires on the 6th of April. At least I'll have a week in a cool new city, but I won't be paying $200 for VIP to get early entry, and the $50 Nightrain membership to be eligible for the Bullet Train contest. And I won't be queuing up for hours beforehand like I normally do. Spent that money this morning on Pearl Jam and Neil Young tickets instead. Neil Young is 68 years old, but has 100 times more energy in his performances than Axl.

Glad I didn't get flights + tickets to Vegas.

I'll probably still be a sucker and buy a ticket to see them when they inevitably bring this tour to London again. But Buenos Aires will be the last time I put any considerable time and expense into seeing such a lethargic, apathetic performance.

I am so, so sad. Axl wil always be my favourite artist because of Chinese Democracy, AFD, the Illusions, and the concerts I saw in 2010, which were the best from any artist I've ever seen. But since Atlantic City 2012 I haven't seen a show where he has any fire in him. I only went to the Abu Dhabi show because my dad got me a ticket as a birthday present and came along with me and my sister. I'm glad they enjoyed the show, at least, but it was the worst I'd seen yet. I fear Buenos Aires may take that spot :(

Guess that Axl's milking the old cold again. It's alright, I don't mind. You should never believe in something about GN'R unless it comes directly from Axl's mouth and there's a recording of it.

And even then you can't get your hopes up because he's probably lying. The only problem with this band is that they aren't doing new music. That's just wrong. Maybe Axl doesn't like the new music and doesn't want to play something subpar live or he just doesn't really care as long as he's getting payed at the end of the month.

I'd also like to comment that he has probably broken a record for touring the same songs 14 years straight. How boring can that be.

I am far, far less excited for the concert I am flying to see on my birthday in Buenos Aires on the 6th of April. At least I'll have a week in a cool new city, but I won't be paying $200 for VIP to get early entry, and the $50 Nightrain membership to be eligible for the Bullet Train contest. And I won't be queuing up for hours beforehand like I normally do. Spent that money this morning on Pearl Jam and Neil Young tickets instead. Neil Young is 68 years old, but has 100 times more energy in his performances than Axl.

I'll probably still be a sucker and buy a ticket to see them when they inevitably bring this tour to London again. But Buenos Aires will be the last time I put any considerable time and expense into seeing such a lethargic, apathetic performance.

I am so, so sad. Axl wil always be my favourite artist because of Chinese Democracy, AFD, the Illusions, and the concerts I saw in 2010, which were the best from any artist I've ever seen. But since Atlantic City 2012 I haven't seen a show where he has any fire in him. I only went to the Abu Dhabi show because my dad got me a ticket as a birthday present and came along with me and my sister. I'm glad they enjoyed the show, at least, but it was the worst I'd seen yet. I fear Buenos Aires may take that spot :(

This should be sent directly to Team Brazil - here we have someone who has supported and followed the band across the globe that is losing faith - a management team should not be allowing this.

I lost any faith after Robin left, didn't go and see them in 2012 when they came to Glasgow but I do feel bad for people who have supported this newest band and still have a glimmer of hope for this band (I had a slight glimmer yesterday in hoping we may get a new album, that is completely gone again today though).

Edited by robin2002

Sell your ticket and blow it on something else. This band ain't worth your time when you've put enough in.

Sell your ticket and blow it on something else. This band ain't worth your time when you've put enough in.

Doubt I can to be honest, the front of stage tickets haven't even sold out. Meh, I'm already flying halfway around the world, and I'll just stroll in after doors opened, it's a decent way to pass the time, but I'm not spending my birthday queuing up for hours for this shitshow. Those YCBM and Nightrain clips from tonight... Just... wow. At least in Dublin 2010 when he stood still he gave an amazing vocal performance.