Have You Decided You Won't Pay to See Guns Anymore?

Not probably going to see them ever again if they come to where I live. Saw them once and it was great and I enjoyed it, but with the voice Axl now has... no, just no. I don't mind them being a touring band only and I don't actively want a reunion, but if you're just playing the old songs and not debuting anything new (which I always thought was the plan, to make the new version of the band strong enough to stand on it's own legs), then why don't you play those old songs with the people who co-wrote them? At least get your voice in shape if you're charging what you're charging now.

I like this version of the band, they're great players, but I don't like them being a nostalgia act. I want to see them going forward. If they don't, then I'm out. (Out of seeing them live, I mean. I'm probably coming here everyday until this site closes down.) If some people like that they're a Vegas act, then cool, I'm happy for them. But I'm not really interested in that.

• Like 1

The #1 complainer about the band isn't going to any more gigs. Big shocker.

Thanks for the contribution. You can move along if that's all. :)

I was going to point out the "know different" thing, but I see you fixed it.

Considering all your "contributions" to threads, I thought my post was just stating the obvious.

Sorry, I just don't buy it. I think your opening post is bullshit. You're trying to act like you had some sort of epiphany. You didn't. You made up your mind a long time ago you weren't going to a gig, and I'm almost willing to be you've said something like this before. Hmmm. You're just doing this now to draw attention to your disapproval of the band (sorta like how you made zillions of "contributions" to the concert threads, almost obsessively).

Thanks for proving you don't know me. Please stop making uninformed comments about my person.

But how about yourself? You know, on topic. Have you continued to go to shows? Will you continue to go to shows? I saw shows in both 2012 and 2013, so I must not have decided too long ago. :lol:

Oh I see. I'm ever so sorry for mischaracterizing you. My bad. Well carry on then.

I look forward to the next concert thread and your "contributions" to it.

Thanks, man. You have a blessed day! :thumbsup:

The #1 complainer about the band isn't going to any more gigs. Big shocker.

I went to more shows in 2002-2010 than just about anyone bar Jarmo.

Pretty sure he's talking about me. Ignore him. He's just here for the bickering.

I know, i'm certainly not #1 :P

But it's still irritating when after supporting and believing in Axl and the new band since 1998/1999, supporting his original aspirations and ambitions for it, that in 2014 you can be called 'negative' and a 'complainer' for expressing that you'd like to hear a song he wrote in 1999 moved into the set in place of a song he wrote in 1985 which has been performed at every show ever. Real unsupportive and negative.

It's funny how things change. Axl/NewGnr supporters used to have to constantly put up with attacks on here from reunionists. Now that virtually all the reunionists have given up and left, the original supporters now get bollocked by post-NewGnr fans XD

It's interesting, however, that the staggeringly disappointing 2014 return has left even people like Ali relatively quiet. I imagine even he is pretty bummed out at this point. I haven't seen him do much defending at all.

• Like 1

It's funny how things change. Axl/NewGnr supporters used to have to constantly put up with attacks on here from reunionists. Now that virtually all the reunionists have given up and left, the original supporters now get bollocked by post-NewGnr fans XD

Carries on like this the only people who will have anything positive to say are those who are paid by Axl to come to the shows.

• Like 1

Yup. You have to wonder what Jarmo privately thinks of it all.

And how long is Bumble going to hang in there for now?! He was totally bummed out at the start of the last Vegas residency when Axl ignored the three rotating setlists the band had prepared and rehearsed.

I feel ticketbuyers are enabling him to be lazy.

He can do whatever he wants, show up late, not rehearse, give you mickey mouse, give you the same setlist for the past (how many?) years.

I don't feel like enabling him anymore, I don't feel like supporting this management team. I don't feel like fattening up his bank account so that he's comfortable for the rest of his life. I don't feel like watching a bunch of musicians who are there for the paycheck, and yes they play the music written by former-members of what WAS a band very well, but they HAVE to, because that's what they're paid to do!!!

So yes, I might be a minority, but I've chosen to act accordingly and not attend any more concerts.

• Like 1

Yup. You have to wonder what Jarmo privately thinks of it all.

And how long is Bumble going to hang in there for now?! He was totally bummed out at the start of the last Vegas residency when Axl ignored the three rotating setlists the band had prepared and rehearsed.

Tbf to Vegas, while those first 3 shows had disappointing setlists, the residency did bring about a few good things. Catcher was added and eventually replaced SOD (SOD really needed to be dropped, one of the positives from the last couple of years), TWAT was played a fair few nights, and Izzy was brought out a couple of times. Axl was decent on Catcher, but he really struggled with TWAT, and that Paradise City video from Appetite for Democracy shows how the real letdown was Axl's voice. If Axl sang like he did at Atlantic City or Philly, I think the residency would have been a resounding success.

They say they've got something new planned for this residency, we'll see. But I doubt Axl's voice will get any better from now until May/June.

For me, it's pretty much been a given that I'd go out of my way to see Axl if he's within a few hours of me, and before the tour started, I thought this time would be no different. I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, but I think I can safely say that, unless there are some major changes to Axl's performance or the setlist, I'm not wasting my time or money on this show.

What are you all thinking?

The last time i saw the band was in 2010

I wanted to go on 2012, but "life gets in the way"

Until something new popping up (which i highly doubt now) i don't want to spend money on Axl's same Old Mickey Mouse vegas Act show

Although they have so far failed to assert the notion they are a recording band, I still regard GNR as a very "payable" live act. Axl may not be as vocally impressive as 2010, but the poorness of his voice is greatly exaggerated. Axl, for me, remains a performer that I enjoy seeing - and it helps that he is surrounded by quality guitarists like Bumblefoot and Richard Fortus.

I consider Chinese Democracy a top notch record, so given that only Dj Ashba contributed nothing to it, they are a band that I want to see.

I'm on the fence about this. For example, years ago I would have already bought my Rock On The Range tickets and had the whole road trip planned out. As it sits right now, I haven't bought tickets or even thought about making plans for a trip down toe Columbus. If they came right to Detroit again later this year, I'd probably go though.

This is probably a bigger issue in america as the orices are way higher. I think a show is about $80 in the UK.

I live in leeds, uk so im within 1 hrs drive off 5 cities they could play.

Put it this way mags, you post here everyday about Axl... if you weren't at the show you'd only be on here talking about the show anyway so you might as well go.

I swore off seeing them live once Ashba joined.

Ashba shoots himself in the foot by the way he conducts himself business-wise. But if you're somebody that's just seeing him live with GNR - and aren't analyzing his questionable use of hashtags - he's very impressive.

Obviously he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Ron or Richard, but most concert-goers aren't pondering every note the way we do.

• Like 1