Have You Decided You Won't Pay to See Guns Anymore?

I'd always go, in a heartbeat. It's my favourite band and singer..of all time. They/he/past members created my favourite album of all time. It's not to say I'm satisfied with the current situation by any means.

I think it would still be a fun show. It'd be cool to meet the band again, especially Bumble. I'd do it for those reasons.

The #1 complainer about the band isn't going to any more gigs. Big shocker.

Thanks for the contribution. You can move along if that's all. :)

I was going to point out the "know different" thing, but I see you fixed it.

Sorry, I just don't buy it. I think your opening post is bullshit. You're trying to act like you had some sort of epiphany. You didn't. You made up your mind a long time ago you weren't going to a gig, and I'm almost willing to bet you've said something like this before. Hmm.

You're just doing this now to draw attention to your disapproval of the band (sorta like how you made zillions of "contributions" to the concert threads, almost obsessively).

Sometimes I think you and me are the same person. :lol:

I think saber and CHB are full of shit. They are lying and saying they'd go to shows when they've probably never been to shows. They just want to make a big scene about how much they "support" the band. Amirite. :rolleyes:

See how dumb that sounds?

Edited by magisme

Travelled long distances, and paid shitloads of money on flights, tickets, hotels, etc. to see them various times in the past.

Nowadays, I wouldn't travel locally/nationally to see them unless a new album or something new was happening. Even if they made it to my city, I'd probably pass....unless friends in the business could hook me up with a ticket or they were cheap. Same ol' same old too often for me.

Plenty of other bands out there I have and still would travel internationally to see.

I'd go if they come to my town but doubt I'd take a flight. not because of the setlist, just lazy. After seeing the Stones I think that might be my last show. You'll find me at the hotel bar in the jazz lounge or the champagne bar of international airports.

• Like 1

As shitty as this situation is I just can't skip a GNR gig if I have the opportunity to go. It is still Axl live and I am sure I would enjoy it even if the set and his voice aren't what they were

I'm usually that way, but the price of the tickets these days crossed with the quality of show is really weighing on me :/

I was going to the April 6 show in Bs As, but i lost interest. No new songs, no new stage layout, no enthusiasm from the band members... It's always great to see Axl, but it's a long trip for me.

For me, they are on autopilot. I love the new band, but i don't like the fact that they seems to not give a fuck anymore. They are not taking risks.

So, i decided to spend my money on another show. And wait to GNR to release some music or at least a new take of the current show. Hell, how different this will be if they put on an acoustic mini show in the middle of the gig, or even a medley a la Queen.

I still support this lineup even if they seems to go nowhere.

As shitty as this situation is I just can't skip a GNR gig if I have the opportunity to go. It is still Axl live and I am sure I would enjoy it even if the set and his voice aren't what they were

I'm usually that way, but the price of the tickets these days crossed with the quality of show is really weighing on me :/

Hater :P

For me, it's pretty much been a given that I'd go out of my way to see Axl if he's within a few hours of me, and before the tour started, I thought this time would be no different. I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, but I think I can safely say that, unless there are some major changes to Axl's performance or the setlist, I'm not wasting my time or money on this show.

What are you all thinking?

Yup. Not seeing them anymore. Saw them in 2010. Passed on them in 2012. Basically the only things GnR can put out that I'll still buy would be new material and classic guns material.

I think saber and CHB are full of shit. They are lying and saying they'd go to shows when they've probably never been to shows. They just want to make a big scene about how much they "support" the band. Amirite. :rolleyes:

Allow me to admit the error of my ways. I truly was shocked to hear you say you've gone to two shows in recent years. I mean, it blew my mind. You're very proud of your opinions on the band which you love to share (for example in the concert threads, where I think you're averaging 1 post per page), and so... never in a million years would I have guessed that you went to a show with how much you disapprove of the band. Please don't misinterpret that, I didn't say you didn't have reason to disapprove... it's just, it seemed like a safe bet that the #1 disapprover would never, ever go to a show. I was wrong. I am sorry.

• Like 1

Allow me to admit the error of my ways. I truly was shocked to hear you say you've gone to two shows in recent years. I mean, it blew my mind. You're very proud of your opinions on the band which you love to share (for example in the concert threads, where I think you're averaging 1 post per page), and so... never in a million years would I have guessed that you went to a show with how much you disapprove of the band. Please don't misinterpret that, I didn't say you didn't have reason to disapprove... it's just, it seemed like a safe bet that the #1 disapprover would never, ever go to a show. I was wrong. I am sorry.

Awesome post. One thing I want to touch on though, and I don't want to speak for mags, but just relating it to me. The whole "so proud of your opinions" thing. For me, I'm more bummed about my views on certain things to do with GN'R these days. Up until this year, I've been the guy who can usually find something positive in anything going on with GN'R and even I've been beaten down by this point. I'm not proud of that and I don't think a lot of other users are either. I'm not saying some people aren't trolling just to troll, but I really think a lot of people wish things were much better and they didn't have so many things to be negative about.

• Like 2

I would gladly go to the Bethlehem show, but I'd have to take two vacation days from work in the middle of the week to go (and drive three hours each way), and I don't see that flying with my bosses. So, I won't be there, but through no choice of my own. So, yes, I'd go see them again and not think twice about it.

Not sure if serious, but either way, it's all good. :)

And what Russ said, except I tend to be a little jokier about it than maybe someone like him, because, as you pointed out, I post a lot, and if I were to just mope around the joint, well, that wouldn't be any fun, and I need to make it fun, because Axl isn't doing it for me these days and, for some reason, it's clear I'll be following his career regardless.

I certainly wouldn't pay the money or put the effort in I have done to see them in the past, but if they were nearby and I wouldn't outright boycott them. New material with an improved voice and attitude, I'd definitely go. I just wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. Dublin 2010 did a lot to damage my opinion on Axl, though Dublin 2012 did a fair bit to fix that. It's essentially like the flip of a coin in terms of what I'd get, and I'm not willing to risk a lot on that.

Also, they're shit right now.

One of things that would make me get up off my ass to go and see them would be if we had another meet up before or after the show, that was the best part.

Edited by Conor

In the past year or so I've been trying to ease up on concert spending and be more selective about shows. I used to think I had to catch every show of every band I liked that was nearby, but that's slowly changing. I'm skipping out on KISS this time which is something I never thought I'd do. I skipped out on Guns last July when they announced a Toronto show at way short notice with tickets a little more than I wanted to spend considering I had caught the Buffalo show a month before for $40.

I've always supported the current line-up of Guns but with the current state of Axl's voice, no set list changes, and no new releases on the horizon, it makes it hard to justify going again to get the same (or inferior) show to what I've already seen several times. In the times I've seen Guns I've managed to catch There Was A Time, Estranged, Civil War, Catcher in the Rye, If The World, Scraped, and many other songs that I was dying to see live.

Now the novelty of that has worn off, and if Guns comes by again later this year I'll likely want to save my money for other potential concerts, especially if Axl sounds like he does and the set doesn't change.

• Like 2

I would certainly go, but I have never seen them before. In 92 I had tickets to a gig that was cancelled and afterwards, I lost interest or life got in the way, as they say... But I can imagine if I'd seen them a couple of times and there was no new music, no new setlist, I wouldn't go either.

In the times I've seen Guns I've managed to catch There Was A Time, If The World, Scraped

:fuckyou: 12 shows and still not heard my favourite, TWAT. ITW and Scraped would be pretty cool, Axl looked like he was really into Scraped the few times he sang it.

Scraped and If The World were definite highlights of the 2010 Hamilton show based on Axl's power and drive at the time, as was There Was A Time of course (although I'll try not to rub that one in ;)). Axl was really on fire during that Canadian run. If The World worked nicely with Richard's Bond solo and Live and Let Die. Obviously that part of the show was pretty cool to me as a Bond fan.

• Like 2