Have You Decided You Won't Pay to See Guns Anymore?

If The World worked nicely with Richard's Bond solo and Live and Let Die. Obviously that part of the show was pretty cool to me as a Bond fan.

I never got why they dropped ITW + Fortus Bond + LALD, I thought it was pretty clever and it seemed to work. I guess maybe they thought having both Sorry and ITW early in the set would drag things due to the slower pace of the songs and the fact they're not well-known?

Edited by Amir

In the times I've seen Guns I've managed to catch There Was A Time, If The World, Scraped

:fuckyou: 12 shows and still not heard my favourite, TWAT. ITW and Scraped would be pretty cool, Axl looked like he was really into Scraped the few times he sang it.

Just to rub it in, JB and I saw what I truly consider to be the best rendition of TWAT live ever :awesomeface:

• Like 1

In the past year or so I've been trying to ease up on concert spending and be more selective about shows. I used to think I had to catch every show of every band I liked that was nearby, but that's slowly changing. I'm skipping out on KISS this time which is something I never thought I'd do. I skipped out on Guns last July when they announced a Toronto show at way short notice with tickets a little more than I wanted to spend considering I had caught the Buffalo show a month before for $40.

I've always supported the current line-up of Guns but with the current state of Axl's voice, no set list changes, and no new releases on the horizon, it makes it hard to justify going again to get the same (or inferior) show to what I've already seen several times. In the times I've seen Guns I've managed to catch There Was A Time, Estranged, Civil War, Catcher in the Rye, If The World, Scraped, and many other songs that I was dying to see live.

Now the novelty of that has worn off, and if Guns comes by again later this year I'll likely want to save my money for other potential concerts, especially if Axl sounds like he does and the set doesn't change.

That is how I am too. I am glad I went psycho in the past few years to see all the acts I have really wanted to see. But now that I have seen most of them and because I am so broke, I am only seeing bands I haven't seen or really love for this year.

In the times I've seen Guns I've managed to catch There Was A Time, If The World, Scraped

:fuckyou: 12 shows and still not heard my favourite, TWAT. ITW and Scraped would be pretty cool, Axl looked like he was really into Scraped the few times he sang it.

Just to rub it in, JB and I saw what I truly consider to be the best rendition of TWAT live ever :awesomeface:

And did we mention it was performed with 2010 Axl's voice? ;)

I remember when the forum almost shut down someone posted the Hamilton version of TWAT. It was awesome. Fuck you guys! :lol:

I went to the London, Ontario show the night after and we got Scraped but not TWAT

Not just decided I won't pay to see Guns anymore, but slowly selling off a small collection of their stuff as well.

I'm in my 40s. I saw both the original and updated lineups, each in New York City, and historically some major shows.

Simply put, I'm done. Not done listening to them, no. Just, "done", know what I mean? Part tired, part fed up, part bored, part whatever. AKA 'done'.

In the past year or so I've been trying to ease up on concert spending and be more selective about shows. I used to think I had to catch every show of every band I liked that was nearby, but that's slowly changing. I'm skipping out on KISS this time which is something I never thought I'd do. I skipped out on Guns last July when they announced a Toronto show at way short notice with tickets a little more than I wanted to spend considering I had caught the Buffalo show a month before for $40.

I've always supported the current line-up of Guns but with the current state of Axl's voice, no set list changes, and no new releases on the horizon, it makes it hard to justify going again to get the same (or inferior) show to what I've already seen several times. In the times I've seen Guns I've managed to catch There Was A Time, Estranged, Civil War, Catcher in the Rye, If The World, Scraped, and many other songs that I was dying to see live.

Now the novelty of that has worn off, and if Guns comes by again later this year I'll likely want to save my money for other potential concerts, especially if Axl sounds like he does and the set doesn't change.

That is how I am too. I am glad I went psycho in the past few years to see all the acts I have really wanted to see. But now that I have seen most of them and because I am so broke, I am only seeing bands I haven't seen or really love for this year.

And did we mention it was performed with 2010 Axl's voice? ;)

I remember when the forum almost shut down someone posted the Hamilton version of TWAT. It was awesome. Fuck you guys! :lol:

I went to the London, Ontario show the night after and we got Scraped but not TWAT

We got Scraped and TWAT and ITW. It was a great night :takethat:

I won't pay to see them again.

I had fun the last time, but it's over, and it won't be as fun watching an older, fatter, slower, shittier sounding Axl just going through the motions.

It would take something radically different to make me wanna see Axl live again. Otherwise, I'm good with that last show I saw being my last show.