TMNT 2014

Amir

Will Vanilla Ice be doing a song for this one?

he already did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lT1oOU7b4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nCjsWpM9zFU

CGI and humour look good but Megan Fox is a terrible actress and I hope that all that quick-cutting is just for the trailer.

Looks like exactly what I expected. And it looks like Bay's influence as a producer extended well into the direction of the film, as it has the same aesthetic tone of his movies.

The cheesy CGI is going to ruin it for me. The old movies weren't masterpieces but the practical effects made them eerily lifelike. They literally just look like cartoons now. That last shot of the trailer where he crashes into the car or whatever -- we've seen stuff like that done a million times by now in action movies. Bad effects only make it even less thrilling. Now imagine if that had been done with practical stunt work.

I'm not an old man when it comes to CGI. I don't mind it when used effectively and artistically (like Nolan does in his films), or when it serves the story (Toy Story trilogy is one of my favourites, I've nothing against computer animation in general). But when it's used LAZILY as seems to be the case in a film like this?

Big fat meh from me.

Dammit, beat me to it ER :P

LOL'ed at this comment on reddit:

WOOOORB

[Generic speech about heroes]

[Mass Destruction]

WABWABWABWAB

[More destruction]

WOPWOPWOPWOPWOP

[slow-mo scene]

WABWABWIBWIBWOPWOPWAB

[Movie title]

[Another segment of a scene]

WREEEEEEEEEEEEB

I don't even remember what trailer I was doing this for now.

I've seen better CGI in films over ten years old.

I thought the CGI was great on Mikey at the end! The eyes and lips looked great, those are usually the hardest to nail. Not much of an advancement from Gollum over 10 years ago, granted, but Gollum was a huge technological achievement.

I thought the CGI was great on Mikey at the end! The eyes and lips looked great, those are usually the hardest to nail. Not much of an advancement from Gollum over 10 years ago, granted, but Gollum was a huge technological achievement.

He looks like D'Angelo Barksdale from The Wire

• Like 1

He looks like D'Angelo Barksdale from The Wire

Where the fuck is Wallace?
  • Like 1

I can already see that it lacks the charm of the original films (even the 3rd one). As everyone already said, the animatronic faces looked more realistic. I don't mind cgi, its not going anywhere. They just don't look like the ninja turtles, and I think they changed the turtles back story. I don't like that.