For the Mods

Considering all of the negative posts lately regarding Axl and the band, I wanted to ask if us fans have anything left to look forward to this year that hasn't already been mentioned. It was alluded that "there's more. Much more." Regarding Guns plans this year but honestly is there even anything else??? I know the specifics probably can't be discussed, but all I am and I'm sure others are looking for is a glimmer of hope that this won't be yet another auto pilot year.

• Like 1

In the world of GNR, ive learned that things like "exciting news coming", "big year coming up for GNR" or "Breaking news upcoming on GNR" usually means Gilby Clarke is getting interviewd on Metal Sludge, new DJ Ashby Swag or Dizzy Reed getting interviewd by someone online in Peru. Its always piddly useless bullshit. It never means what anyone hopes it will. Never.

I can only speak for myself here, but, I think we know just about as much as everyone else right now as far as the current tour goes. We don't know specific setlists, and judging by a lot of our posts discussing these recent gigs, we're just as surprised as anyone right now given Axls vocals and the lack of any new or different songs added to setlists.

I'll say we are equally disappointed at this point in time and are hoping for the best from our favorite band and frontman, and that it isn't over yet. There's still plenty of time for more. This is only the beginning of touring and personally, I think there may be more yet to come.... it's still the beginning of 2014. I believe we'll see more.

• Like 2

Considering all of the negative posts lately regarding Axl and the band, I wanted to ask if us fans have anything left to look forward to this year that hasn't already been mentioned. It was alluded that "there's more. Much more." Regarding Guns plans this year but honestly is there even anything else??? I know the specifics probably can't be discussed, but all I am and I'm sure others are looking for is a glimmer of hope that this won't be yet another auto pilot year.

I don't know who else Subs shared his information with besides NGOG, HV and myself but yes - there was more. It's up to Subs if he ever wants to share it.

Some of the stuff from his source came true. Some of it didn't (yet). We were careful to write that they were "planning" to do these things. This is GNR we are talking about, and as we know a lot of stuff doesn't always go the way they initially plan. We can only hope that they get it together.

• Like 1

I don't know who else Subs shared his information with besides NGOG, HV and myself but yes - there was more. It's up to Subs if he ever wants to share it.

Some of the stuff from his source came true. Some of it didn't (yet). We were careful to write that they were "planning" to do these things. This is GNR we are talking about, and as we know a lot of stuff doesn't always go the way they initially plan. We can only hope that they get it together.

Posts like this only exacerbate the tense situation though.

"Yeah, there is more. And OH MAN was it some kind of something. I only wish we could say more about it."

All you just did was buy yourself a full PM inbox.

• Like 3

*sigh*

Guess we'll have to wait and see then. I take it this is one of those things where we'll know when "it" happens.

Posts like this only exacerbate the tense situation though.

"Yeah, there is more. And OH MAN was it some kind of something. I only wish we could say more about it."

All you just did was buy yourself a full PM inbox.

Well what do you want me to tell you? I was just answering the question.

It's not my information to share. :shrugs:

• Like 1

ll_tj1, on 28 Mar 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

In the world of GNR, ive learned that things like "exciting news coming", "big year coming up for GNR" or "Breaking news upcoming on GNR" usually means Gilby Clarke is getting interviewd on Metal Sludge, new DJ Ashby Swag or Dizzy Reed getting interviewd by someone online in Peru. Its always piddly useless bullshit. It never means what anyone hopes it will. Never.

lol, sad but true.

Hope they do something new during the residency

I hate this high secrecy surrounding GNR. It's not like the fans are not starving for any bit of information out there, even if it doesn't come to fruition.

The only one who knows anything is Axl. Dizzy's been in the band for more than 2 decades and had no clue about anything ChiDem-related, let alone new music.

I hate this high secrecy surrounding GNR. It's not like the fans are not starving for any bit of information out there, even if it doesn't come to fruition.

I can sort of see why they do it even though it's verging on ridiculous. For whatever reasons only around one in five things seem to materialise. The reality of course in probably more like one in ten. If we knew every plan or idea everyone would be even more disappointed, I also get the impression they don't always plan or firm things up massively in advance which most likely increases the risk of stuff going left field.

You guys have to understand that if we're ever again to get bogus info about plans, Subs and media crew have to keep this bogus information under wraps. :lol:

In seriousness, though, it's completely understandable that they wouldn't want to share something if they were specifically asked not to share it. GNR is ridiculous. Subs and media crew are not.

We are three performances in to quite an elaborate touring schedule. Axl doesn't have a reputation of regularly rehearsing; so clearly they aren't going to burst out new songs in the opening performances (if they even have any intention of fulfilling the 'two or three new songs' part of our report).

The only way we can credibly assume GNR do not intend to perform new songs, is if they go through the entire Las Vegas residency without playing new songs (given that there will be a significant hardcore presence on certain nights). At that point, it may be acceptable for us to disclose the rest of GNR's supposed plans for 2014. However, at that point, the details will be largely irrelevant; and they may create further, unnecessary resentment.

Edited by NGOG

We are three performances in to quite an elaborate touring schedule. Axl doesn't have a reputation of regularly rehearsing; so clearly they aren't going to burst out new songs in the opening performances (if they even have any intention of fulfilling the 'two or three new songs' part of our report).

The only way we can credibly assume GNR do not intend to perform new songs, is if they go through the entire Las Vegas residency without playing new songs (given that there will be a significant hardcore presence on certain nights). At that point, it may be acceptable for us to disclose the rest of GNR's supposed plans for 2014. However, at that point, the details will be largely irrelevant; and they may create further, unnecessary resentment.

Without divulging too much, was there anything in the original news you received that said it was likely that these 2-3 new songs would be played at Vegas and not in South America?

I can only speak for myself here, but, I think we know just about as much as everyone else right now as far as the current tour goes. We don't know specific setlists, and judging by a lot of our posts discussing these recent gigs, we're just as surprised as anyone right now given Axls vocals and the lack of any new or different songs added to setlists.

I'll say we are equally disappointed at this point in time and are hoping for the best from our favorite band and frontman, and that it isn't over yet. There's still plenty of time for more. This is only the beginning of touring and personally, I think there may be more yet to come.... it's still the beginning of 2014. I believe we'll see more.

This.

I'm not sure I'd say I believe we'll see more, at least not 'more' in the sense that some people may expect (new songs, etc.), but I totally hope I'm wrong.

Without divulging too much, was there anything in the original news you received that said it was likely that these 2-3 new songs would be played at Vegas and not in South America?

Subs just paraphrased the information we received, but as far as I know, they didn't connect a specific area with new songs.

We were just told that they were planning to play '2 or 3 new songs' during this year's touring.

• Like 1

So if the exclusive stuff doesn't materialise this year how will you (mod team) view it? It wouldn't bode well for good relations with management as I'd question whether the forum was just utilised to promote ticket sales for the shows. JMO, you might have a different take on it.

So if the exclusive stuff doesn't materialise this year how will you (mod team) view it? It wouldn't bode well for good relations with management as I'd question whether the forum was just utilised to promote ticket sales for the shows. JMO, you might have a different take on it.

Maybe this is all part of MSL's master plan.

1. Destroy MyGNR by pitting members against mods

2. ????????

3. PROFIT