For the Mods

GN'R plans to do something doesn't always equal GN'R ARE doing something.

As you have recently seen with the dvd, sometimes things get in the way.

Anyone who has been a fan over 1 week knows this is true

Edited by gunsguy

Well, I think that the mods should let us know everything. We are all about sharing, it would stand by the forum releasing the Adelaide show. The two things on this forum the fans want. Rasp and information, you gave us the rasp now give the full info. It's just too MSL "We know stuff but we can't say"... Well, maybe the person who told you everything wouldn't mind if you passed it on.

If not can the mods PLEASE send a courtesy email asking about the release of the Vegas DVD. Also, just for the hell of it, ask the 5 questions again.

I for one am excited at the prospects of Dj Ashba™ brining the world some new AshbaSwag™. I just love overpriced jeans adorned with confederate flags and burn holes. The bedazzling also helps create that rock n' roll look I so desperately crave. Any word on when we may be getting some new swag?

• Like 2

I don't think that there are any doubts that the band has big plans for this year. I think they've had big plans every year. The problem is nobody follows through with these plans. Axl likely scraps a lot of ideas at the last minute for whatever reason.

I'm sure they have a ton of plans, but when the execution level is so low you begin to wonder if the plans ever existed. In my opinion they do, but any little thing can cancel these plans.

The only "exclusive" thing that hasn't happened yet is the band playing new songs. And not damage control, but they, nor us, never promised they were going to play new songs, just the fact that they were planning to. :shrugs:

I'm planning to fuck Stephanie Seymour

Not gonna happen

But i've planned :lol:

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 3

I for one am excited at the prospects of Dj Ashba brining the world some new AshbaSwag. I just love overpriced jeans adorned with confederate flags and burn holes. The bedazzling also helps create that rock n' roll look I so desperately crave. Any word on when we may be getting some new swag?

I can't wait for his next signature Les Paul, which will be a gorgeous custom '57 cherry burst with no less than 60 cigarette burns on it destroying the finish.

Seriously if he had to put them out on his $3000 instrument, other than literally anywhere else around him, could he have not done it on the sides or something?

I for one am excited at the prospects of Dj Ashba brining the world some new AshbaSwag. I just love overpriced jeans adorned with confederate flags and burn holes. The bedazzling also helps create that rock n' roll look I so desperately crave. Any word on when we may be getting some new swag?

I can't wait for his next signature Les Paul, which will be a gorgeous custom '57 cherry burst with no less than 60 cigarette burns on it destroying the finish.

Seriously if he had to put them out on his $3000 instrument, other than literally anywhere else around him, could he have not done it on the sides or something?

http://instagram.com/p/mCUjhQH6Tc/

Wish I could find that photo of him burning holes in it backstage.

Word on the street is, GN'R intend to play the exact same setlist for the rest of the year and not release anything.

See? You do not need exclusive sources to figure out the future for GN'R. I can even predict what they will be doing in 2017!

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Who cares about information or plans that haven't materialised yet, sure for those who are inquisitive it would be interesting to know, but I personally don't give a shit until it comes to fruition, by which stage we will all know by then anyway.

Why seek out information to only be let down by it not happening days/weeks/months later or never

• Like 1

It is not as if any of these plans would include the 'trilogy' or a soundtrack song or something else that would be exciting. You simply know any plans they have will be completely underwhelming because that is how this band operate. Another European greatest hits leg after the Vegas residency would be my guess, perhaps hitting one or two of the European festivals.

The only "exclusive" thing that hasn't happened yet is the band playing new songs. And not damage control, but they, nor us, never promised they were going to play new songs, just the fact that they were planning to. :shrugs:

Lol.. I'm gona start using that In my life situations when I get called out.. "I never said I was gona do that, I said I was planning on it!" :D

• Like 1

Well, I think that the mods should let us know everything. We are all about sharing, it would stand by the forum releasing the Adelaide show. The two things on this forum the fans want. Rasp and information, you gave us the rasp now give the full info. It's just too MSL "We know stuff but we can't say"... Well, maybe the person who told you everything wouldn't mind if you passed it on.

If not can the mods PLEASE send a courtesy email asking about the release of the Vegas DVD. Also, just for the hell of it, ask the 5 questions again.

I feel like that'd be great to put on a politcal sort of protest sign: "You gave us the rasp, now give us the information!" :lol:

• Like 1

my problem here is that Guns n roses share information about possible plans with select groups of people, these people run fan forums... they are not booking agents or anything related to the business. Why not just share your plans with the world like other bands... I know why... If they share plans that means there's an expectation, if they say in a private message to forum moderators that "we hope to..." they can bail out and not get the bad press.

I'm watching House of cards at the moment and Guns put Frank underwood to shame for all the secrecy and backhanding that goes on. I really don't understand what is so! sensitive about GnR plans that they can't be shared with people who actually care about GnR plans. I realize giving huge details about recording and new songs is probably not a runner but info like "we're rehearsing UYI I for the next tour" or "we've booked a rehearsal room and we're starting post-production, hoping to have a new album for spring 2015"... one of them is really! unlikely, you decide which one.

Anyone remember Fernando saying something along the lines of "we're working hard to give you what you want, information" months, and months later... (gust of wind and tumbleweed... cue spaghetti western intro of Breakdown).

Just to be clear, I'm not attacking the moderators, I'm bashing management for the level of secrecy day to day activities are treated with.

Edited by Tom2112

I can only speak for myself here, but, I think we know just about as much as everyone else right now as far as the current tour goes. We don't know specific setlists, and judging by a lot of our posts discussing these recent gigs, we're just as surprised as anyone right now given Axls vocals and the lack of any new or different songs added to setlists.

I'll say we are equally disappointed at this point in time and are hoping for the best from our favorite band and frontman, and that it isn't over yet. There's still plenty of time for more. This is only the beginning of touring and personally, I think there may be more yet to come.... it's still the beginning of 2014. I believe we'll see more.

Just to reiterate what Forsaken said since some people seemed to glaze over his post; we (The mod team) don't know any more than anyone else. Subsy gave the info he received to the Media Crew to report and like Broski said Subsy only told the Media Crew - the rest of the staff actually found out about the report when the thread was started.

• Like 1

I can only speak for myself here, but, I think we know just about as much as everyone else right now as far as the current tour goes. We don't know specific setlists, and judging by a lot of our posts discussing these recent gigs, we're just as surprised as anyone right now given Axls vocals and the lack of any new or different songs added to setlists.

I'll say we are equally disappointed at this point in time and are hoping for the best from our favorite band and frontman, and that it isn't over yet. There's still plenty of time for more. This is only the beginning of touring and personally, I think there may be more yet to come.... it's still the beginning of 2014. I believe we'll see more.

Just to reiterate what Forsaken said since some people seemed to glaze over his post; we (The mod team) don't know any more than anyone else. Subsy gave the info he received to the Media Crew to report and like Broski said Subsy only told the Media Crew - the rest of the staff actually found out about the report when the thread was started.

You guys need an organization chart. :lol:

• Like 1

Who cares about information or plans that haven't materialised yet, sure for those who are inquisitive it would be interesting to know, but I personally don't give a shit until it comes to fruition, by which stage we will all know by then anyway.

Why seek out information to only be let down by it not happening days/weeks/months later or never

This..

It does not make one iota of difference what their tentative failed plans were. It would not serve a purpose at all.

This..

It does not make one iota of difference what their tentative failed plans were. It would not serve a purpose at all.

It'd be interesting.