If you were to stop following GN'R, what band would you replace it with?

Everyone seems to be saying classic bands so I'm probably gonna get shit for this. I'm a big fan of them anyway but it would be Biffy Clyro, they are very progressive with their music, and are very active when it comes to releasing music. (Which is a nice change when you immensely follow a band like GNR) :)

Only reason I know who they are is because they were nice enough to feel sorry for NIN and let them open for them at Reading. They can't be all bad if they're doing charitable things like that.

Yeah and then NIN kicked off when they realised they weren't the band that were headlining haha

• Like 1

Springsteen, Metallica... I tried getting into Pearl Jam, like a few songs and am seeing them for first time in July, but can't get into the music like I do with the other bands. Would prob travel to see Kanye, he's got the unpredictability factor that young Axl had.

Damn! I thought I was the only Kanye fan. I certainly would follow Kanye. His music is new, controversial, and he is a true "I don't give a fuck" artist... Like a certain someone was back in the day. Yeezus is my favorite album since 2008... I am already doing recon on the next message board I go to when GNR inevitably continues with the next round of CD touring...

Avenged Sevenfold. But I do follow these guys with news and concerts.

I also like many other bands, so if GNR were to quit or Axl retire I would be okay. Will always have the cds to listen to and dvds to watch.

A lot of my favorite bands have since quit the music business or retired, but I still have their music, so it's okay.

No one specifically, I think. In the years I didn't follow GNR, I didn't really follow any band like I do GNR. I just listen to all kinds of music and see some concerts, but wouldn't go on a fan forum, for instance.

No frontman is as demented, contrary and frustrating as Axl but there's plenty of other great bands, just the dysfunction and hysteria that surrounds new GNR is addictive. Christ knows what'll happen around here if they finally put something else out.