LA Clippers owner hates black people (?)

WFA

If I'm a player for the clippers, I'd think long and hard about tying up my laces for that man. I understand how it may not be fair to the fans, but I don't know if I would be able to allow that man to make any more money off of my talents.

What would be interesting is if next season, if Sterling isn't forced into retirement, Star players from other teams refuse to play. Ratings and ticket sales go down when LeBron or KD don't play.

i would think about it but in the end i would go out and play for my fans and my teammates and no one else. right now the clippers are wearing their jerseys inside out, which is cool.

Who cares, he didn't say anything wrong.

it may not be right what he said but he didn't say anything "wrong"... We all say stuff in private we wouldn't want others to hear... Thats all he did. He has the right to feel the way he does..

Do you think for one minute Al Sharpton doesn't say anything bad about white people...

If I'm a player for the clippers, I'd think long and hard about tying up my laces for that man. I understand how it may not be fair to the fans, but I don't know if I would be able to allow that man to make any more money off of my talents.

What would be interesting is if next season, if Sterling isn't forced into retirement, Star players from other teams refuse to play. Ratings and ticket sales go down when LeBron or KD don't play.

i would think about it but in the end i would go out and play for my fans and my teammates and no one else. right now the clippers are wearing their jerseys inside out, which is cool.

I certainly see both sides to it, and the jerseys inside out is a clever and strong way to express disappointment. They're not playing pretending everything is fine.

• Like 1

I certainly see both sides to it, and the jerseys inside out is a clever and strong way to express disappointment. They're not playing pretending everything is fine.

i think it is a very strong, the bad thing is this whole situation is going to hurt the team, it is hard to play the game with all this shit going down.

Tough to feel bad for the guy, as the sale of the Clippers will likely net him around $1 billion.

Getting Sterling to sell is the most obvious choice. Whether they'll be able to get him to do it will be interesting to watch. I wonder how much leverage the league has in coercing an unwanted owner to leave? I would guess the NBA Players association has more power to help facilitate that goal, in that it could have players refuse to sign with a Sterling-owned Clippers team.

How Ironic it would be if Sterling ended up selling the team to Magic Johnson - the guy who he didn't want his ex-girlfriend to be seen with.

As Jon Stewart said in his show last night, the country has done a great job in teaching everyone that racism is bad. It's just been lousy at teaching what actually is racism.

Tough to feel bad for the guy, as the sale of the Clippers will likely net him around $1 billion.

Getting Sterling to sell is the most obvious choice. Whether they'll be able to get him to do it will be interesting to watch. I wonder how much leverage the league has in coercing an unwanted owner to leave? I would guess the NBA Players association has more power to help facilitate that goal, in that it could have players refuse to sign with a Sterling-owned Clippers team.

How Ironic it would be if Sterling ended up selling the team to Magic Johnson - the guy who he didn't want his ex-girlfriend to be seen with.

As Jon Stewart said in his show last night, the country has done a great job in teaching everyone that racism is bad. It's just been lousy at teaching what actually is racism.

i doubt players will refuse to sign with the clippers based on sterling, it didnt stop chris paul and others signing huge deals when this shit about him has been going around for years, hell he settled one of the largest lawsuits in history for refusing to rent to minorities(mostly black people) doc rivers knowingly left the celtics to sign with the clippers with all this stuff about sterling out there.

i think what is most likely to happen is trying to get the votes to boot him, or with this ban he pretty much lost all control to the day to day operations, someone else will run the team, sterling will be a owner in name only practically(until he eventually sells or the other owners boot him) and he is 81 years old already, so it is only a matter of time really. one way or another he is done being the owner of the clippers.

i just have a feeling he will go down swinging, and he will be going through the courts and dragging the clippers brand through the mud even further, and getting really messy before this is all said and done.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

You know, the guy is a complete scumbag and deserves this, but in a way, I feel like he got royally fucked over. Freedom of Speech seems to no longer exist and he was saying all of this shit to his "GF", completely away from the media.... Oh well, senile bastard should have realized something fishy was going on when she just kept digging at him for replies.

You know, the guy is a complete scumbag and deserves this, but in a way, I feel like he got royally fucked over. Freedom of Speech seems to no longer exist and he was saying all of this shit to his "GF", completely away from the media.... Oh well, senile bastard should have realized something fishy was going on when she just kept digging at him for replies.

Actually, it's come out that he had his girlfriend record everything because he had memory issues.

Some might consider this situation where a guy gets fucked over. Others might chalk it up to karma. I'm a little more in the latter category.

Gotta say that this is pretty much my thinking on the matter having heard the recording. Also I'm betting that this comes as a surprise to nobody involved with this guy and they've only taken action now as it's become public.

• Like 1

Being a racist scumbag is not an issue, it is that he got Mel Gibson'd.

It odd because I don't say racist things ( in safe company ) because ....... I'm not racist.