Why don't blacks ever get taped saying racist things?

GUNSNROSES513

Because it doesnt make the media money. That man, Donald Sterling is a piece of shit.. But he didn't really do anything wrong. In America your supposed to be able to think what you want. He didn't publicly say anything, he did it privately. We've all said racist things, and stereotyped... If you say you haven't, your full of shit. They've just fined him 2.5 million dollars, but what for? If i say something racist, are they going to fine me too?

I'm sure there are famous black people, who've said racist stuff, but that's never in the news, because it doesn't make money.

Edited by GUNSNROSES513

Black people say stupid racist shit all the time. As far as "high-profile" black people known to have made racists comments about white people, Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson come to mind. White people just don't care enough to make a media sensation out of it.

• Like 1

It's very obvious:

- White people have caused exponentially more harm to black people than vice versa. So naturally, there is a greater degree of accountability for white people.

- While it's continually changing, there are still more powerful white men in society than any other race.

- When you are a multi-millionaire that owns influential franchises, you are more morally accountable than the average person.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 3

It's very obvious:

- White people have caused exponentially more harm to black people than vice versa. So naturally, there is a greater degree of accountability for white people.

- While it's continually changing, there are still more powerful white men in society than any other race.

- When you are a multi-millionaire that owns influential franchises, you are more morally accountable than the average person.

We did cause a lot of harm, its shitty, but we've more than made up for it.

Theres still racist people out there.. But it goes for all races..

As NGOG said, it's because black people haven't continually oppressed white people for as long as America has existed.

Sorry but that excuse is lame for me. So, because Jewish have been oppressed since God knows when and the holocaust happened, they now would be entitled to act like assholes?

I don't buy it.

• Like 3

Oh, FFS. Because white people do not have an extensive and gruesome history of being persecuted by black people. And of course everyone can be racist (and to a degree probably is), but institutional racism is still totally and exclusively our jam. But yeah totally, some black guy used the word 'cracker', march away.

Sorry but that excuse is lame for me. So, because Jewish have been oppressed since God knows when and the holocaust happened, they now would be entitled to act like assholes?

No one is saying anyone is entitled to act like an asshole.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

The most white thing you can do is say "I'm not a racist" lol but I'm all honesty I feel minorities are heavily discriminated nowadays. People who are white are less likely to be in the position that a African American or a Hispanic are in and that is being discriminated in the streets, jobs, schools, etc. fact that we need to state that people of color are called African American or Hispanic says a lot while a white man is just known as an American.

Still I do not support any type of racist white or black but it's just that whites have a history.

• Like 2

As NGOG said, it's because black people haven't continually oppressed white people for as long as America has existed.

I don't buy it.

As society stands right now (in America at least), it's the discriminatory white people that can make decisions and have a larger effect on the lives of those they're prejudiced against than vice versa. This is a direct result of the oppression that white people have put upon practically all other races in the US - elsewhere, too, but the US is what we're talking about. Therefore, it matters more when someone powerful like Donald Sterling turns out to be a racist asshole.

Edited by Mansin Humanity
  • Like 1

As society stands right now (in America at least), it's the discriminatory white people that can make decisions and have a larger effect on the lives of those they're prejudiced against than vice versa. Therefore, it matters more when someone powerful like Donald Sterling turns out to be a racist asshole.

You know who can make decisions above everybody? The president. He can change laws and do all that stuff. He is black. it's actually the first thing people said about him. The first black president. Which is racist. I mean, who was the first blonde president?

My point is, as long as we keep on making differences, we will never be really equal. And we are still pointing out the difference with black people. Which is racist.

I find you all defending black people as if they needed it and if they were special kids and I think you're being politically-correctly racist.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 1

As society stands right now (in America at least), it's the discriminatory white people that can make decisions and have a larger effect on the lives of those they're prejudiced against than vice versa. Therefore, it matters more when someone powerful like Donald Sterling turns out to be a racist asshole.

You know who can make decisions above everybody? The president. He can change laws and do all that stuff. He is black. it's actually the first thing people said about him. The first black president. Which is racist. I mean, who was the first blonde president?

My point is, as long as we keep on making differences, we will never be really equal. And we are still pointing out the difference with black people. Which is racist.

I find you all defending black people as if they needed it and if they were special kids and I think you're being politically-correctly racist.

I'm not defending black people because they need it, I'm explaining why it's different when a powerful old white man says things such as Sterling did.

edit: I'd be all for it if one day, we could just wake up and society was completely equal. But, the fact is, to say "I see no races" or something similar is ignoring the issues that are still very much at hand today.

I'm not defending black people, I'm distancing myself from stupid white people.

• Like 2

Black people have only technically had rights in America for 50 years. It's only been within the past decade or so that they have actually had something resembling them. There is still an unbelievable divide in economic class, education, prison rates, etc between blacks and whites. The culture as a collective has finally agreed to believe that all men were created equal, but there's still a long way to go before that is put into action.

Therefore, I believe black people ought to be cut some slack if they're a little ornery when it comes to white people. It's a matter of power dynamics. By and large, white people are still in control of a system which still inherently discriminates against minorities. For the oppressed to take issue with the oppressor, that's a difficult thing to argue against. Their anger is justified.

And someone said white people have more than made up for it, hell no. What, because there are black millionaire athletes and rappers? The message that sends is that the best a black kid in harlem or south central can hope for is that he can catch a ball or can pick up a microphone. Things are undoubtedly getting better, but the slavery and oppression that had gone on since the Mayflower landed until today has not been made up for.

• Like 3

I'm not defending black people because they need it, I'm explaining why it's different when a powerful old white man says things such as Sterling did.

Oh, and I understand that. But I am not so sure if this is the way to finally get real equality in a near future. That's all. It's actually giving stupid white people a "reason" to somehow justify themselves.

Edit: I am not American and I haven't read much about it but that guy is responsible of his acts and now has to front the consequences. But everybody, regardless their skin colour, who were caught in the same stuff, should get the same punishment. That's all I'm saying.

It's very obvious:

We did cause a lot of harm, its shitty, but we've more than made up for it.

If you could, I'd really like to hear you further elaborate on this point.

• Like 1

Oh, and I understand that. But I am not so sure if this is the way to finally get real equality in a near future. That's all. It's actually giving stupid white people a "reason" to somehow justify themselves.

Edit: I am not American and I haven't read much about it but that guy is responsible of his acts and now has to front the consequences. But everybody, regardless their skin colour, who were caught in the same stuff, should get the same punishment. That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough. If you'll recall, there was quite the uproar when Kanye West said that George W. Bush "doesn't care about black people," an example on the other end. It's also important to consider that the NBA is an organization that employs a large percentage of minorities and it would've been a bad look had they not done something drastic.

edit: yo TeeJay I'm out of likes but that was on point.

Fair enough. If you'll recall, there was quite the uproar when Kanye West said that George W. Bush "doesn't care about black people," an example on the other end. It's also important to consider that the NBA is an organization that employs a large percentage of minorities and it would've been a bad look had they not done something drastic.

Absolutely. And even if it didn't employ minorities.

Black people have only technically had rights in America for 50 years. It's only been within the past decade or so that they have actually had something resembling them. There is still an unbelievable divide in economic class, education, prison rates, etc between blacks and whites. The culture as a collective has finally agreed to believe that all men were created equal, but there's still a long way to go before that is put into action.

Therefore, I believe black people ought to be cut some slack if they're a little ornery when it comes to white people. It's a matter of power dynamics. By and large, white people are still in control of a system which still inherently discriminates against minorities. For the oppressed to take issue with the oppressor, that's a difficult thing to argue against. Their anger is justified.

I agree and I disagree. I think it's dangerous to allow black people (or latins, white people, etc.) a certain behaviour because the power still belongs to other race. And I'm saying this thinking in the next generations, in the kids. They are being raised in the difference and it could also develop certain degree of racism from those next generations. Black kids thinking white people can be insulted because they once were horrible towards their people and white kids feeling offended and becoming somehow racist to defend their positions. Instead of teaching kids that race is or should be absolutely irrelevant.

Hate and resentment never lead to good things. Even when that hate and resentment is more than justified and understandable.