Why don't blacks ever get taped saying racist things?

GUNSNROSES513

Sorry but no. No one should get a pass for racist comments. Well, I actually think we should stop overreacting for every single comment, coming from a black, a white or an alien. But, everybody should be treated equally.

Being a slave for centuries is not an excuse... because then almost everybody in the world would have an excuse: Scots can be assholes towards English people because I watched Braveheart and the English apparently were big cunts for centuries. They still are, right Graeme? And we all should despise Germans because they have a tendency to start world wars and destroy a whole continent. And, Native Americans could mock the white people because they stole their lands. And the Spaniards stole the gold of South America. And man, in Africa, The Dutch, British, French, Portuguese and their colonies, that was shitty too. And alongside Afro-Americans, we have the Jews: born fucked up.

So let's allow everybody to hate evrybody because shit happened since the world was invented.

I said it yesterday and I repeat it, I don't buy it.

You know why there is theoretical equality in the US? Because white people thought it was the right way. They are still in charge, yes, so things could be totally different if all of them were racist. Abraham Lincoln in the 19th century started to change things, right? At that time you were raised thinking slavery was normal however some poeple thought it wasn't. Actually we are not better than the people back then, I refuse to believe they were savage (the whites, I mean). Probably we would have a different perception of this subject if we lived 200 years ago too.

And why is Obama the president? If I'm right, whites are still the majoirty in the US, without their vote, Obama wouldn't be there. What's my point? There are good and bad people everywhere, in any race, religion, country or urban tribe, therefore I don't know why anyone of them should get a pass for being an asshole. Starting with the Clippers dude.

Sorry but no. No one should get a pass for racist comments. Well, I actually think we should stop overreacting for every single comment, coming from a black, a white or an alien. But, everybody should be treated equally.

Being a slave for centuries is not an excuse... because then almost everybody in the world would have an excuse: Scots can be assholes towards English people because I watched Braveheart and the English apparently were big cunts for centuries. They still are, right Graeme? And we all should despise Germans because they have a tendency to start world wars and destroy a whole continent. And, Native Americans could mock the white people because they stole their lands. And the Spaniards stole the gold of South America. And man, in Africa, The Dutch, British, French, Portuguese and their colonies, that was shitty too. And alongside Afro-Americans, we have the Jews: born fucked up.

So let's allow everybody to hate evrybody because shit happened since the world was invented.

I said it yesterday and I repeat it, I don't buy it.

You know why there is theoretical equality in the US? Because white people thought it was the right way. They are still in charge, yes, so things could be totally different if all of them were racist. Abraham Lincoln in the 19th century started to change things, right? At that time you were raised thinking slavery was normal however some poeple thought it wasn't. Actually we are not better than the people back then, I refuse to believe they were savage (the whites, I mean). Probably we would have a different perception of this subject if we lived 200 years ago too.

And why is Obama the president? If I'm right, whites are still the majoirty in the US, without their vote, Obama wouldn't be there. What's my point? There are good and bad people everywhere, in any race, religion, country or urban tribe, therefore I don't know why anyone of them should get a pass for being an asshole. Starting with the Clippers dude.

No. You're train of thought has derailed my friend.....

We are not talking about shit that happened 500 years ago, we are talking about the Civil Rights movement, that is only 50 years ago. So yes they still get a pass imo. Now 500 years from now, I would agree with you, time to let shit go. But now is not that time. Besides who are you to say how long until it's time to get over it? Are concentration camp survivors still bitter towards Nazi Germany? You bet your ass they are. Untill all survivors of a particular tragedy are dead, and then a few generations pass, then things can move forward. I don't believe that African Americans hold that much of a hate towards slavery anymore, that shit happened 150 years ago, they are upset over segregation, discrimination, jim crow laws, etc. That's all shit from the 60's, not enough time has passed to heal those wounds.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

No but by the same token every action precedes a reaction, you don't get to dictate how and at what pace a wound heals, you just do your best to create an envoirnment around it that conducive to healing. No that doesnt mean that there should be one rule for one and another for the other, its a functioning mutual co-operation and sensitive approach. Thats the way to go :)

Sense of humour wouldn't go amiss either :)

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

No but by the same token every action precedes a reaction, you don't get to dictate how and at what pace a wound heals, you just do your best to create an envoirnment around it that conducive to healing.

Because only blacks have suffered injustice and discrimination in this world. Ok.

Nice to know I have free reign to be an asshole because my lot was mistreated in the past... and here I was trying to be reasonable :lol:

Do African American's get a "pass" when it comes to comments that could be considered racists? Yes, but so what? Us white people can not even begin to understand what they went through, so to hear people make these points about "black folks being racists" just shows how much we don't understand. I'm not saying it's right that some African American's can get away with certain comments, but for me at least, I just laugh them off, of don't let it bother me. That's the difference. Some white people get SOOOO fired up when an African American makes a comment that could be viewed as being racist, why is that? Because they are jealous because they can't say something similiar without getting in trouble. Us white folks need to learn to let these things go, because by letting them bother us, we are actually promoting racism, not preventing it. Remember when Jackie Robinson always had to turn the other cheek? Well that's how us white folks need to act, just turn the other cheek, don't let it bother you.

African American's were enslaved for hundreds of years, ripped from their families, made to work manual hard labor, for nothing. Then when they did get freedom they experienced over 100 years more of discrimination and racism. Us white folks can not even begin to understand that type of hatered. We forget that we started this, not them. It is not right to blame them, or get angry about some of the things that are said. Have things gotten a lot better? Yes they have, but there is still room to grow and improve. I choose to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. That's the question more white folks need to ask themselves....

Do you think that Charles Barkley has experienced a lifetime of racism against him? Was he enslaved, ripped from his family, made to work hard manual labor for free? Barkley should get a free pass for racist comments because he has suffered all those hardships that you listed?

Barkley says "That's why I hate white people"........and it's "funny" and just a joke.

But if Ernie Johnson or Bill Simmons had said "that's why I hate black people"..........they'd be vilified, labeled as racists and probably fired from the job. Sharpton, Jackson and Sunny would be protesting seconds after the words came after Simmons' mouth.

Why is Barkley given a free pass?

If people want equality for all, then there has to be equality for everybody.

Personally, I don't really care. Barkley is a big doofus and his comments don't bother me. Nor would I care if Simmons made the same comment. If I don't like them or support what they are doing, I'll simply turn the channel. I wouldn't say that either should be fired.

Nobody is saying that slavery wasn't evil and that blacks were treated unjustly for a very long time. It is sickening and disgusting and an embarrassingly time period for all humanity. But in 2014, Charles Barkley shouldn't get a free ride because of it.

Guest Len B'stard

No but by the same token every action precedes a reaction, you don't get to dictate how and at what pace a wound heals, you just do your best to create an envoirnment around it that conducive to healing.

Because only blacks have suffered injustice and discrimination in this world. Ok.

Nice to know I have free reign to be an asshole because my lot was mistreated in the past... and here I was trying to be reasonable :lol:

My statement wasn't racially exclusive. It could be any fuckin' people, its just sensitivity to shit, you could be sensitive about an aspect of any type of persons case specific sensitivities. This all sounds very arms around the world but environment dictates which things people are more sensitive about, it not like you gotta walk on eggshells, i dunno i just thought its common decency.

• Like 1

I sold a black guy his CII prescription last week. He thanked me and called me brother. For 400 years we have waited for this day.

+1

You know something I've always wondered about? Would a Native American get much flak for saying racist stuff, or not? This is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night.

Anyone else see this?

1hPguIO.jpg

Stuart Scott from ESPN comes out on Twitter and says blacks/hispanics CANNOT be racist but can be angry/rude. LMAO.... I hope he gets some serious heat for this idiotic statement.

problem is he won't. just like yesterday commissioner says the NBA is for everybody and charles barkley(who i like a lot) on the same day comes out and says the NBA is a black league :facepalm:

Anyone else see this?

1hPguIO.jpg

Stuart Scott from ESPN comes out on Twitter and says blacks/hispanics CANNOT be racist but can be angry/rude. LMAO.... I hope he gets some serious heat for this idiotic statement.

problem is he won't. just like yesterday commissioner says the NBA is for everybody and charles barkley(who i like a lot) on the same day comes out and says the NBA is a black league :facepalm:

Yeah I was watching the halftime show when Barkley made that statement, and all I could do is SMH

Anyone else see this?

1hPguIO.jpg

Yeah I was watching the halftime show when Barkley made that statement, and all I could do is SMH

did you see what larry johnson said on twitter a couple days ago? he said that black people should form their own league.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/28/in-wake-of-sterling-fiasco-ex-knicks-great-larry-johnson-appears-to-call-for-all-black-league/

"Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!"

Anyone else see this?

1hPguIO.jpg

did you see what larry johnson said on twitter a couple days ago? he said that black people should form their own league.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/28/in-wake-of-sterling-fiasco-ex-knicks-great-larry-johnson-appears-to-call-for-all-black-league/

"Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!"

Disgraceful, of course THESE statements will get overlooked by the majority for some reason. Just like this comment from Stu Scott. Don't get it.

• Like 1

Pretty fucking tired of hearing that I did something to another race, when it all ended years before I was born.

Anyone else see this?

1hPguIO.jpg

Disgraceful, of course THESE statements will get overlooked by the majority for some reason. Just like this comment from Stu Scott. Don't get it.

Can you imagine if a white person came out and said something like that? Let's start our own white-only league! They'd be banned from that sport for life.

• Like 2

Please I'm so sick of the blacks playing the slave card.

If they cared so much, then they would get educated and try to do better for their race.

People all over the world suffer everyday of their lives and no one gives a shit.

Africa is one of the worst places to live on earth. They should be happy they aren't still living there.

Only in America can you become a rap star after you've been a thief or pimp and make tons of money. I'm so sick of their bitching. Get even by getting a good education and try to be a better people.

I had a very hard time in high school because I was white and my brother was mugged on a subway train back in the 70's. Luckily he and his friend got away, but no one gave a shit and not one black person helped them when a bunch of blacks came on the train and said " here's two more whities".

Stop blaming other people for your stupidity.

WE caused more harm my ass. I have never caused a.y harm to a black guy or girl. I'm not gonna be held responsible for what a possible ancestor of mine did in the past to someone else's ancestor especially when both of them are dead for centuries.

If white people can't say anything bad about black people, then black people shouldn't be allowed to insult a white person for being white. Those PC retards should take their distorted notion of equalty and shove it up their arses.

• Like 1

@Groghan,

Is it right for Barkley or any other African American's to say some of those things? No it isn't. I guess I choose to not let it bother me, I for one find Barkley to be quite funny. I do think the PC train is going to come back around and bite some African American celebrities in the ass. Honestly it did today, Shaq and others got in "trouble" for making fun of a man with a disease. So the playing field is starting to become more level in reguards to hate. Like I said before, just give it all time. Things are getting "fairer" everyday.

If they cared so much, then they would get educated and try to do better for their race.

People all over the world suffer everyday of their lives and no one gives a shit.

Africa is one of the worst places to live on earth. They should be happy they aren't still living there.

Only in America can you become a rap star after you've been a thief or pimp and make tons of money. I'm so sick of their bitching. Get even by getting a good education and try to be a better people.

I had a very hard time in high school because I was white and my brother was mugged on a subway train back in the 70's. Luckily he and his friend got away, but no one gave a shit and not one black person helped them when a bunch of blacks came on the train and said " here's two more whities".

You never fail me..

The slave trade was operated by blacks. The transatlantic trade was built upon an already pre-existing internal African trade. The trade had been going on for centuries - well before Europeans arrived - and involved the muslims from North Africa. This fact is often ignored amidst the ideology of, political correctness.

The slave trade was operated by blacks. The transatlantic trade was built upon an already pre-existing internal African trade. The trade had been going on for centuries - well before Europeans arrived - and involved the muslims from North Africa. This fact is often ignored amidst the ideology of, political correctness.

That has no relevance to American racism, at all.

Because your adversity to black people seems to be based partly on personal experience, you should understand even more how it can work the other way around.

• Like 1

You guys seriously don't want me to start making, "why don't white people..," threads.

Everything is for you.

You know who the people are that are the most angry at Sterling's comments? Other white people.

These threads really do show who the "closet" ones are.

Everything, really is for "you". "You" determine what is PC or not PC.

Edited by SunnyDRE
  • Like 1

Anyone else see this?

1hPguIO.jpg

Scott will only get heat from people who have little understanding of race, racism, and its historical roots.

You focus on the second part of his point without alluding to the first point: that race formation was about one group exercising power over another based on the arbitrary distinction of skin colour. Without the power dynamic, it isn't racism. And in the United States in this day and age, white people still hold court over black people by every statistical evaluation. Stating inane and ignorant stereotypes about one particular ethnic group isn't racism in and of itself. Racism starts where such utterances reinforce a power dynamic that benefits those who make those statements.

Look, once again we find ourselves in a race thread, and once again I'm going to suggest the same readings that I'll bet nobody will bother reading. They're not long books (they're not even books), but short essays or chapters in books that will assist those who have never been exposed to race formation analysis.

Michael Omi and Howard Winant: "Racial Formation"

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~jdowd/omi%20and%20winant%20-%20racial%20formations.pdf

Loic Wacquant: "From Slavery to Mass Incarceration."

http://newleftreview.org/II/13/loic-wacquant-from-slavery-to-mass-incarceration

I'm not saying you have to agree with everything these authors are saying (as I have my own issues with some of the arguments), but at least be familiar with them before you spout off what is and what isn't racism.

Again, I'll quote Jon Stewart who said this week, "It [is] clear we have made enormous progress in teaching everyone that racism is bad. Where we seem to have dropped the ball, is in teaching people what racism actually is."

This thread is a fine example of the point Stewart makes so well.

• Like 1

You guys seriously don't want me to start making, "why don't white people..," threads.

Everything is for you.

You know who the people are that are the most angry at Sterling's comments? Other white people.

These threads really do show who the "closet" ones are (Hi, AxlisOld and Val..but I already knew).

Everything, really is for "you". "You" determine what is PC or not PC.

lolwut?

Anyway, the reason it isn't made a big deal of is because any black guy saying racist things on tape already have a record deal and go on tour.