Apple close to acquiring Beats By Dre

bacardimayne

Apparently Apple has made a 3.2 billion dollar offer to purchase Beats By Dre. If it happens, Dr. Dre will be the most wealthy rapper in the world, and the first billionaire rapper, surpassing Sean "Puffy/Diddy/P. Diddy/Puff Daddy" Combs who's sitting at $700m.

So much for Detox ever coming out.

Guest Len B'stard

Well that'll keep Dre's swimming pool well heated for the forseeable future, good on him, well played, couldn't happen to a more hardworking fellow :)

Edited by sugaraylen

This will make the release of Detox much more likely imo. 50 Cent said a while back that Detox was never coming because Dre and Iovine were afraid of it hurting Beats Headphones sales and if you think about it, he's right. There's no way Detox can live up to the hype, it just isn't possible. So Dre drops Detox, gets mixed reviews and the people old enough to recognize its significance are underwhelmed. The beats demographic(16-21) will have no idea what to make of it - considering how long he's been making this thing kids are gonna consider it "Dadrap".

So is Dre gonna risk damaging the reputation of his business by releasing an album that doesn't cater to his target demo? No. Do I blame him? Not at all. He just made a billion fucking dollars.

Guest Len B'stard

The best way to deal with the Dad Rap accusations is to ruin the careers of a few up and coming rappers. See LL Cool J :lol:

Iovine's a co-owner. It sounds like he took as much blame (mumbling it anyway) for why the record companies went downhill. At least he was trying to find a way to work with the changes and not just fighting the tide. This goes into why Apple wants Beats, but Apple likes to jack up the price on their stuff. Without the great and almighty Jobs around, Apple might be throwing money into anything to keep them afloat.

http://qz.com/208017/beatss-jimmy-iovine-apple-got-everything-right-except-that-earbud/

This will make the release of Detox much more likely imo. 50 Cent said a while back that Detox was never coming because Dre and Iovine were afraid of it hurting Beats Headphones sales and if you think about it, he's right. There's no way Detox can live up to the hype, it just isn't possible. So Dre drops Detox, gets mixed reviews and the people old enough to recognize its significance are underwhelmed. The beats demographic(16-21) will have no idea what to make of it - considering how long he's been making this thing kids are gonna consider it "Dadrap".

So is Dre gonna risk damaging the reputation of his business by releasing an album that doesn't cater to his target demo? No. Do I blame him? Not at all. He just made a billion fucking dollars.

Interesting thought, but you have to think that if they keep the Beats by Dre name, Apple will have the same concerns about Detox hurting the brand and take measures to prevent it from coming out?

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah Beats are trash, I've used them before and they're just average headphones with the bass turned way up. Come to think of it, it really is fitting that Apple is acquiring them. Average product with minimalist design marked up 400% and sold to people who prioritize style and brand recognition over quality. :lol:

I could do with a little bass to my music, ever since i started using an ipod/iphone thingie to hear my shit through (like 2011) I've forgotten what bass sounds like...and most of the music i listen to is bass driven.

The best way to deal with the Dad Rap accusations is to ruin the careers of a few up and coming rappers. See LL Cool J :lol:

What about LL now?

LL destroys rappers...see Canibus. LL is known for destroying rappers, hence the name 'The Ripper'. For as good as young rappers think they are people like LL and KRS will rape them on the mic.

Edited by sugaraylen

• 2 weeks later...

Trent is chief creative officer of Beats Music.

The sale would cover both the Beats headphone line and Beats Music streaming service, partially curated by Trent Reznor, which Forbes also speculates could be a major factor in Apple’s bid.

Robin has Trent by the balls. He will get a piece of the pie, buy Guns N' Roses and re-record all the albums.

Edited by Broskirose