Slash on Duff with Axl "he told me he was going to fill in for whats his name.."

NGOG, like it or not, Slash still does have a career outside of GN'R. It's obvious to me that he is passive aggressive as fuck and wants back in with Axl. But, I don't think Slash is breathing heavily on a Tuesday night, breaking his F5 key on his keyboard to see what new Guns played after Mr. Brownstone.

Slash has a successful career, a family--better said, the dude has a life. And GN'R was a part of that, and he would love to make it a part of his life again. Sure, he is sad and bitter about not being let in, and also having a litany of guitarists fuck up everything he ever did, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he follows this band, especially well enough to know the bassist's name, just because Slash himself was once in the band.

• Like 1

Why is it that Slash must be insulting Stinson just because he doesn't know his name?

Gee I don't know, perhaps because he knows exactly who Tommy Stinson is.

Do people actually think Slash doesn't maintain a keen interest in the activities of GNR? If so, you are totally withdrawn from reality. That's NOT the way the music industry works. Nobody lets go.

lolwut?

You honestly think Slash sits around looking into what's going on with GN'R? You cannot be serious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't say that Slash was reading setlist updates on MyGNRForum. The exaggeration you've made is completely unnecessary. But YOU cannot be serious when you say that Slash doesn't follow a band which he absolutely resents with all his heart. If you honestly think that Slash doesn't know exactly what's going with GNR, then you have to question your grasp on reality.

Honestly, judging by the delusions here, you would think that Slash is constantly leading the life of a rockstar. Slash is way too cool to know Tommy Stinson's name, he's swigging Jack Daniels as we speak!! FFS. :rofl-lol:

I was saying that he has no reason to keep up with what goes on with GN'R at all, in any fashion.

Then you are a fool. There's no other way to put it. If you honestly think that Slash has just cleansed a multi-million dollar entity like GNR from his mind, then there is no reasoning with you.

I'm a fool and there's no reasoning with me because we disagree on something that can't be proven?

I'll pull it this way: There was this girl that you were deeply in love with, but for whatever reason, things didn't work out. Years down the line, you've had other girlfriends and you've been relatively happy, but it's never quite added up to THAT girl. Are you not interested in who she's dating/married to now?

That analogy totally applies to Slash. Yes he has a good thing going, but he is DESPERATE for an opportunity to arise with GNR. Even when it seems absolutely out of the realms of possibility.

Edited by NGOG

Why is it that Slash must be insulting Stinson just because he doesn't know his name?

Do people actually think Slash doesn't maintain a keen interest in the activities of GNR? If so, you are totally withdrawn from reality. That's NOT the way the music industry works. Nobody lets go.

lolwut?

You honestly think Slash sits around looking into what's going on with GN'R? You cannot be serious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't say that Slash was reading setlist updates on MyGNRForum. The exaggeration you've made is completely unnecessary. But YOU cannot be serious when you say that Slash doesn't follow a band which he absolutely resents with all his heart. If you honestly think that Slash doesn't know exactly what's going with GNR, then you have to question your grasp on reality.

Honestly, judging by the delusions here, you would think that Slash is constantly leading the life of a rockstar. Slash is way too cool to know Tommy Stinson's name, he's swigging Jack Daniels as we speak!! FFS. :rofl-lol:

I was saying that he has no reason to keep up with what goes on with GN'R at all, in any fashion.

Then you are a fool. There's no other way to put it. If you honestly think that Slash has just cleansed a multi-million dollar entity like GNR from his mind, then there is no reasoning with you.

I'm a fool and there's no reasoning with me because we disagree on something that can't be proven?

I'll pull it this way: There was this girl that you were deeply in love with, but for whatever reason, things didn't work out. Years down the line, you've had other girlfriends and you've been relatively happy, but it's never quite added up to THAT girl. Are you not interested in who she's dating/married to now?

That analogy totally applies to Slash. Yes he has a good thing going, but he is DESPERATE for an opportunity to arise with GNR. Even when it seems absolutely out of the realms of possibility.

Desperate to get back in GnR? Really? To Russ's point how do you know this exactly?...Slash seems to be pretty good at not looking back and giving us new music every couple of years..............

Edited by classicrawker

lolwut?

he is DESPERATE for an opportunity to arise with GNR. Even when it seems absolutely out of the realms of possibility.

This is an absolute stretch beyond imagination. Why would Slash be desperate to be back in Guns?

• Like 2

Only Slash knows for certain if he was intending to be disrespectful or not given that there is only text from the interview and not audio and/or video by which vocal tone and body language can be observed. Having said that, when I first read that quote I knew it would come across as disrespectful.

But, you can't "unring the bell". So, maybe in the future if and when Duff plays in place of Tommy and Slash is asked about it, Slash can look at this and just say, "Duff told me he is filling in on bass".

Ali

lolwut?

he is DESPERATE for an opportunity to arise with GNR. Even when it seems absolutely out of the realms of possibility.

This is an absolute stretch beyond imagination. Why would Slash be desperate to be back in Guns?

The hundreds of millions of dollars that would be on offer. Slash himself has acknowledged that a GNR reunion has attracted such figures.

You don't tattoo a dollar sign on your neck if you don't love money.

I think they both keep tabs on each other to be honest. I think Slash keeps tabs, to an extent, on what Axl and nu guns as a whole are doing. But I don't really have much reason to believe he gives anymore of a shit about the guys as individuals than the general public does. "Axl and a bunch of other guys", and so the story goes.

It's impossible to draw concrete conclusions here, but there's no reason to believe it to be incredibly far fetched that Slash is not intimately knowledgeable on Axl's replacement bassist.

Only Axl's fanbase could make, the big deal which is being made, out of this completely innocuous comment. It takes people, that warped mentally, to misconstrue such a throwaway remark. They are a truly worthy fanbase for the lead singer who penned, the 'cancer' remark.

• Like 1

Slash seems to me like the type that would have somebody keeping tabs for him on who is in GnR currently...but not actually knowing himself the names offhand...im not sure if Slash was a fan of the replacements or not...versus what ive heard people say about Danzig and him making Jerry Only send him the new misfits albums before Jerry releases them, and also having to keep Danzig in the loop over who is in the band and T-Shirt designs and what not...which is why most Misfits shirts have a label inside saying "approved by Glenn Danzig"

Your logic is flawed NGOG.....if Slash was about the money he would never have quit GnR in the first place or would have hired another singer for VR, not gone solo and financed his own albums as I doubt it is making him rich.....

If he wants back in with Axl why hasn't he apologized to make amends as Axl wants?

No NGOG you are grasping at straws mate...

• Like 2

Also... still... why would Slash be desperate to be back in Guns? He's done considerably fine for close to 20 years without the band. This is a guy who is a Rock N' Roll icon. Would a reunion with Slash and Axl make money? Hell yeah it would. But Slash is hardly hurting for it.

• Like 2

lolwut?

I didn't say he was sitting around reading this (or any other GN'R forum for that matter ;) ) I was saying that he has no reason to keep up with what goes on with GN'R at all, in any fashion. It's not a matter of being a rock star, swigging JD or anything at all like that. It's a simple matter of the possibilty that Slash actually might not be aware of who Tommy Stinson is.

Why dont you guys use some LOGIC?

If Slash knows Duff was filling in for Tommy during 7 dates (SA, GG, Vegas), there is absolutely NO WAY in hell he doesn't know Stinson. Even if Slash doesn't have a clue about Stinsons career, he DOES know him by name

This is the second time Slash comments on Duff returning to GNR. It's impossible he don't know the name.

Impossible.

I find it highly implausible that Slash would be unaware of the name of GN'R's bassist these last 18 (?) years. After all, GN'R is Slash's former band and it would only be natural he would have picked up on this during all these years -- and if he haven't then it sure must have come up in correspondence between the band and him, in the discussions surrounding the HOF, in press releases from Axl, in media articles, in conversations with Duff and other people who bridge the cleft between Slash and GN'R, and so on. But sure, everybody can forget a name now and then. I do that, too. But when I do I am courteous to apologize for this or make it absolutely clear I feel uncomfortable about forgetting the name, especially when it is a professional contact of mine, "I can't remember his name right now," "his name just slipped me," "oh, this is embarrassing". I certainly would never allow myself to say anything that could be construed as a derogatory remark, especially in the context we are speaking.

I find it highly implausible that Slash would be unaware of the name of GN'R's bassist these last 18 (?) years

Yet Axl doesn't even know the last name of his drummer for the last 8 years, giving a different variation of his surname at almost every show.

If Axl isn't even interesting in remembering his own revolving door employees names, why exactly should Slash?

3 hour meeting, complaints, the general slash pissed his pants, axl's got a wig, axl's morbidly obese, sebastian bach constantly doing more promotion than axl, swag, beating the absolute shit out of old ladies in hotels with plantpots, to avoid any, HE HIT MY MOTHER!!!, lesbian pious rent-a-cop bile spewin' ho defenders, atlas shrugged, mr security man, budweiser, SO LET THERE ALWAYS BE LIPSTICK AND FRANKENSTEIN'S OLD ONE, yellow raincoat, jarmo the propaganda minister, down by the ocean, an ex-wrestler putting a spanner in Axl's hibernation nut store, Axl's sad face and yellow pants, hot sauce and countless threats to jump ship yet always comes back with a new beard and different level of frustration, the eigth and ninth pointless wonders of the world, shitman and dizwald the synthbourine twins, releases first album in 12 years and refuses to do promotion despite being only member of identifiable band left yet plays the record in a strip club, rasp and mickey tides like the mystic molluscs that surely dictate the price of a gnr ticket to the next vegas residency, different ways of saying 'we're about to record a new record', axl's bling becoming its own personality, thyme, buckethead's frozen face being something that we miss more than a guy who's apparently really rock n roll's painted on existence, OKAY NEVERMIND,

So I am at work.

Taking a little break, I open My GNR. Browse this thread. Read this post and start laughing out loud!!

Can this post be awarded with some title?

It sums up the last 15 years perfectly. Well done Sir.

I find it highly implausible that Slash would be unaware of the name of GN'R's bassist these last 18 (?) years

Yet Axl doesn't even know the last name of his drummer for the last 8 years, giving a different variation of his surname at almost every show.

If Axl isn't even interesting in remembering his own revolving door employees names, why exactly should Slash?

What are you on about?

• Like 1

Slash was a key part of GNR so naturally he still wants to be a part of it, but I think he would have rather seen Axl give up the GNR name where they could have all put it behind them. It wasn't an "I win, Axl loses", it was just a band that should have imploded and died in his opinion.

Axl didn't want to give up what he worked hard for,didn't want to stop being a headliner, and without that GNR name, "Axl Rose" would be playing bowling alleys for 20 bucks like other frontmen from other bands do. There's no way he could have gotten away with ChiDem on his own and he was clear about that. He said it would have been suicide.

Slash trying to go to a GNR concert and show up at Axl's home was Perla's doing/encouragement.

A joke surely? ;)

Maynard is not the only cupcake around.

You're absolutely right. There are dozens of you about. Don't you have anything better to do than cupcake GNR fans?

Actually, stupid question. It's very clear that you don't.

Maynard is not the only cupcake around.

You're absolutely right. There are dozens of you about. Don't you have anything better to do than cupcake GNR fans?

Actually, stupid question. It's very clear that you don't.

lol, I AM a GNR fan. They were part of my childhood and they created some of my favorite rock songs ever! Is this forum only for fans of the new band? NO.

If my posts bother you so much, talk to a mod. They'll then talk to me, I'll explain to them how my posts are simply my honest view about GNR mixed with some jokes here and there and they'll leave me alone.

Please remember NGOG, this forum is for fans of ALL LINEUPS. This forum also has no problem with posters who have a negative view on GNR. Please, understand that and your feelings won't be hurt that often. Thanks.