Slash on Duff with Axl "he told me he was going to fill in for whats his name.."

Never in any other fanbase could three throwaway comments cause 7 pages of fighting.

So true.

Explaining this fanbase to fans of other bands is always high comedy.

yep... there is nothing to dissect about what Slash said

Hey DX ... ive come across the street...cant deal with Jarmo and his cronies anymore

Welcome to the Jungle. ;-)

I mean, Slash can't be thrilled. It's like when a buddy of yours starts hanging out with your ex, even if it is years, later it still irks you, regardless of the fact you have no real right to be annoyed. The "what's his name" was the shitty part. I call bull shit that Slash doesn't know who Tommy Stinson is.

I've always liked Slash's playing, but he comes off as a passive aggressive dick a lot.

Are you people demented? Slash did not say anything bad about Stinson: he merely, forgot his name. I forget names all the time. It does not mean I dislike the person whose name I have forgotten. You Slash-haters will grasp at anything!

Are you people demented? Slash did not say anything bad about Stinson: he merely, forgot his name. I forget names all the time. It does not mean I dislike the person whose name I have forgotten. You Slash-haters will grasp at anything!

Cut the crap. He actively chose to phrase it that way, and it was to break balls.

It hardly the end of the world, but let's say what it is.

I love how Slash needs to do very little to piss off the Axl Defense Force. Guys, if Axl hadn't hired Tommy Stuson, you wouldn't know his name either. He might be this influential bass player in an alternate universe, but he's a nobody, he's Duff's replacement and he's happy about it. Slash was kinda nice to him by saying "What's his name".

Cut the crap. He actively chose to phrase it that way, and it was to break balls.

I totally disagree. I think you people have inherited Axl's intense paranoia.

If Slash didn't have long history of making snide passive aggressive remarks, he may get the benefit of the doubt. Axl and the new band are hardly the only subjects Slash has had this sort of attitude towards (Weiland, Scott).

If Slash didn't have long history of making snide passive aggressive remarks, he may get the benefit of the doubt. Axl and the new band are hardly the only subjects Slash has had this sort of attitude towards (Weiland, Scott).

But Slash does not have a long history of making 'snide passive aggressive remarks'. This is merely a myth, created by blinkered Axl fanatics.

• Like 1

Never in any other fanbase could three throwaway comments cause 7 pages of fighting.

So true.

Hey DX ... ive come across the street...cant deal with Jarmo and his cronies anymore

I occasionally go over and check out what's going on - it actually angers me though so I'm not on for very long - he twists and turns everything to make out the fans are the enemy, and if you're not a super suck up fan then your opinion is wrong. Am sure he an alright guy to meet or speak to at a show, but on his forum he's kinda like ...a really bad dictator guy.....

Edited by robin2002
  • Like 1

So true.

I occasionally go over and check out what's going on - it actually angers me though so I'm not on for very long - he twists and turns everything to make out the fans are the enemy, and if you're not a super suck up fan then your opinion is wrong. Am sure he an alright guy to meet or speak to at a show, but on his forum he's kinda like ...a really bad dictator guy.....

The only people who survive on HTGTH are the people who speak like this:

''Dude. GNR RAWK. Just went to five Vegas shows and got DJ Ashba's pick. Rawk on''.

Posts like that are literally the only posts which, presumably, Jarmo desires for his forum. It is crazy, that place.

I'm pretty sure Slash knows who's in GNR. That's like saying you don't remember the name of the guy your wife left you for.

I do not agree. Slash has had to cut himself from the whole thing. Stinson replaced Duff after Slash had departed. Also, Nugnr are notorious for a revolving line-up. It can hardly be expected that Slash, with his own solo career, film career and family, should keep up with the multiple line-up changes of Axl's nugnr.

Even if Slash had said " duff is filling in for that hack who plays bass now"

so what???

Slash would have every reason to not like anything about the current form of GNR and people are always going to ask him about it

he's made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet with Axl including going to his house , trying to make the HOF work

but Axl wants no part of him... hes supposed to kiss his ass and his nu gnr bandmates like the Axl worshipers do?

he doesn't know who tommy stinson is, and 99 percent of the GNR fans wouldn't either if not for him joining GNR... i read that earlier and that's 100 percent true

he doesn't know who tommy stinson is, and 99 percent of the GNR fans wouldn't either if not for him joining GNR... i read that earlier and that's 100 percent true

I have been saying for years not that if the Replacements were this incredibly influential band, how come I can't name one song? Or one album?

I'm pretty sure Slash knows who's in GNR. That's like saying you don't remember the name of the guy your wife left you for.

Exactly right.

Listen, Axl himself probably has trouble remembering his band members these days! Since Slash left Guns N' Roses, there have been ten seperate line-up changes, the band swelling to a mammoth eight members along the way and taking in such non-entities as Frank Ferrar and DJ Ashba. None of these band members are marketed in a way, that normal bands are. For instance, Slash could not possibly accidentally catch a Nugnr video promo on VH1; the amount of TV appearances by nugnr can be counted on one hand. For Slash to be acquainted with the knowledge of Nugnr, he would have to deliberately seek out that information.

Additionally, Slash probably regards Nugnr as illegitimate entity, a solo band. Could Lennon name all the members of Wings? Also, Slash is not the most technically specific - 'Germanic' - sort of chap. He is very imprecise on dates and other specifics in his autobiography - just ask Marc Canter.

In summary, I think it highly unlikely that Slash would know the personae of Nugnr.

Haha it's in print. No way to know the context or tone of voice and chances are he even said "Tommy" afterwards but for drama sake they cut his qute short. Just speculation on my part but that's likely what happened. Slash doesn't give a fuck about Axl's GnR. He's so beyond it yet so many people want desperately for Slash to be bitter and they so desperately want Slash to be desperate to be back in Axl's band when the reality is Slash doesn't give two shits at this point. It's funny because the people saying Slash is butt hurt are obviously the ones who are butt hurt. you're butt hurt that Slash doesn't even care what Axl does yet it's clear Axl is obsessed with what Slash does. It's like being obsessed with your ex and then being pissed off they aren't obsessed back.

:lol: Butthurt because Slash doesn't love Axl? That probably would make sense to a U2 fan. It has the right amount of gayness going for it.

Seriously D_S? There's no need for that. I know you can make your arguments without resorting to this stuff.

lol fuck. Axl called Slash a cancer best removed very close to the time Slash's mother was dying of cancer (but I don't believe Axl knew about that)

This small jab by Slash is nothing. I think he's just a little bitter about Duff playing with Axl. It's still fresh and it wasn't just one show. Chill the fuck out lol.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1