Slash on Duff with Axl "he told me he was going to fill in for whats his name.."

You guys are crazy. Haha blaming the publisher for not editing the quote! God forbid we get a direct quote.

Maybe Slash is a little bitter that he has nothing to do with GNR anymore, maybe he really doesn't care? Who knows. His name is tied to the band forever but his career only lived there for less than a decade.

I'm sure he wishes his relationship with Axl could be mended like it was with Duff and Axl but that's just not the reality of it.

I think it's cool that Duff is essentially this bridge between Axl and Slash. I doubt Duff works on fixing the relationship while he's talking to them, but I imagine he isn't causing any harm or spewing hatred towards one side. I think if Duff can get Axl to look at Slash different than he could get them speaking one more time. I doubt it but I feel like it's something Duff would like to see happen and Slash wouldn't mind happening. As for Axl I think he's so hurt by Slash that no apology will ever do. (Idk what Slash did) but for Axl it's hard to easily forgive someone for "taking away 10 years of his life"

Idk I think Slash's comments are meant to be as neutral and cool guy as every other one of his comments he makes. The guy just wants to sound cool.

Once again unless any of you were there you don't know the context in which he said it, you don't know the tone of voice in which he said it and you don't even know what he said following that up. Like I said more than likely he said it in a way where he simply forgot the name for a moment and obviously someone would've told him who "what's his name" is and then Slash likely said "oh yeah right, his name just slipped my mind for some reason". And then obviously for drama sake the article cut his quote short. But nope we gotta turn this into Slash being butt hurt and him wanting to put down Tommy and being jealous of Axl and blah blah fucking blah. My god some of you are ridiculous. I've forgotten the names of friends and co workers at times. Those weird moments when you genuinely can't recall a name for some odd reason. It's on the tip of your tongue but you can't spit it out and have used the phrase "what's his name" many times and it's never been in an insulting manner.

Some of you so desperately want to make something out of this it's pathetic.

I agree with Bono. I however put the blame on the DailyStar journalist who interviewed Slash. Why can't they printed it out by replacing the 'what's his name' with 'GNR's bassist' and instead of directly quoting, they can reword what he said without ever changing any facts to avoid misunderstanding? But no, they need to sell their news, hence it is what it is.

And meanwhile butthurt fans from both sides are at each others' throats LOL

"Rewording" is considered very unethical journalism. Ethical publications transcribe exactly what the person said. They could have chosen to use a different quote and they could have chosen to just summarize what Slash said to be less sensational, but they couldn't change his words.

Once again unless any of you were there you don't know the context in which he said it, you don't know the tone of voice in which he said it and you don't even know what he said following that up. Like I said more than likely he said it in a way where he simply forgot the name for a moment and obviously someone would've told him who "what's his name" is and then Slash likely said "oh yeah right, his name just slipped my mind for some reason". And then obviously for drama sake the article cut his quote short. But nope we gotta turn this into Slash being butt hurt and him wanting to put down Tommy and being jealous of Axl and blah blah fucking blah. My god some of you are ridiculous. I've forgotten the names of friends and co workers at times. Those weird moments when you genuinely can't recall a name for some odd reason. It's on the tip of your tongue but you can't spit it out and have used the phrase "what's his name" many times and it's never been in an insulting manner.

Some of you so desperately want to make something out of this it's pathetic.

I agree with Bono. I however put the blame on the DailyStar journalist who interviewed Slash. Why can't they printed it out by replacing the 'what's his name' with 'GNR's bassist' and instead of directly quoting, they can reword what he said without ever changing any facts to avoid misunderstanding? But no, they need to sell their news, hence it is what it is.

And meanwhile butthurt fans from both sides are at each others' throats LOL

"Rewording" is considered very unethical journalism. Ethical publications transcribe exactly what the person said. They could have chosen to use a different quote and they could have chosen to just summarize what Slash said to be less sensational, but they couldn't change his words.

I don't think Blabbermouth is about ethical journalism. The article begins with:

Slash has once again commented on Duff McKagan's reunion with Axl Rose at five GUNS N' ROSES concerts in South America and the Revolver Golden Gods awards show in Los Angeles in April.

That sounds as if Slash brought it up himself (again), but he did not. He was asked a question and he had to formulate some kind of answer. I think he was just annoyed because he got that question again. 'Journalism' at its worst.

Do people really think "what's his name" is a professional and respectful way to describe another musician? Even if he did forget, there's plenty of less offensive things to say.

He's making a deliberate attempt to belittle the lesser known members of nugnr. "Whats his name" sounds like what a Slash fan would say on MyGnR in an attempt to cupcake Axl fans.

I guess hes not heard of The Replacements

Oh pleeease...

Would you know the name of the guys that work in a place that you left twenty fucking years ago??

Jesus, you fuckers would try anything, Are you not bored fucking rigid trying this shit on at this stage?

• Like 1

Do people really think "what's his name" is a professional and respectful way to describe another musician? Even if he did forget, there's plenty of less offensive things to say.

He's making a deliberate attempt to belittle the lesser known members of nugnr. "Whats his name" sounds like what a Slash fan would say on MyGnR in an attempt to cupcake Axl fans.

I guess hes not heard of The Replacements

Oh pleeease...

Would you know the name of the guys that work in a place that you left twenty fucking years ago??

Jesus, you fuckers would try anything, Are you not bored fucking rigid trying this shit on at this stage?

Yep, GNR was just a work place Slash left 20 years ago.

Eh? You've just proven my point. Describing a musician as a what's his name is simply rude, no matter their career success, level of popularity or what band they are in.

What if you actually can't remember his name then and there? I can think of a million casual social situations where I've said the exact same thing about people I have nothing against at all. Some of you guys are just reaching for a reason to bash here.

Eh? You've just proven my point. Describing a musician as a what's his name is simply rude, no matter their career success, level of popularity or what band they are in.

What if you actually can't remember his name then and there? I can think of a million casual social situations where I've said the exact same thing about people I have nothing against at all. Some of you guys are just reaching for a reason to bash here.

You said it best, Username :)

Maybe all the youngsters on here will understand it better when they're older ;)

I have always appreciated how Slash has seemed to be completely over the fact that Axl refused to end GN'R when Slash quit the band. I have found his comments (post 1999) for the most part civil, diplomatic and mature - in contrast to Axl's, unfortunately. But lately I have been getting the vibe that Slash is actually rather bitter about things. I might be wrong, I hope I am.

• Like 1

Maybe all the youngsters on here will understand it better when they're older ;)

Did you just call me old? :suspicious:

Did you just call me old? :suspicious:

No, I was only kidding. I am less young than you, so I would never call you old.

I have always appreciated how Slash has seemed to be completely over the fact that Axl refused to end GN'R when Slash quit the band. I have found his comments (post 1999) for the most part civil, diplomatic and mature - in contrast to Axl's, unfortunately. But lately I have been getting the vibe that Slash is actually rather bitter about things. I might be wrong, I hope I am.

Yeah. He sounds bummed out about it, but what do you want him to say? or feel for that matter. He's only human, it's understandable.

Knowing Duff was up there on stage with Axl having a blast. It's quite sad actually. I think it's safe to assume Slash would love to at least perform one more time with Axl. I totally expected a reaction like this and I get it.

That is idiotic from Slash, if he wants to make amends with Axl, he should probably not say shit like this about someone who has been with Axl for 16 years.

Exactly. Slash's problem is with Axl, so why does he take his frustrations out on the band? If you go and read a Dj or Bumblefoot interview, they have nothing but good things to say about Slash.

Can you imagine the backlash if Axl needlessly dissed Todd Kerns, or somebody else in Slash's band?

Edited by NGOG

Guest Gunns

Each time Slash opens his mouth and says anything about the current band whatsoever, he delays a reunion from happening for another 10 years. So far, each of the original five have to live for another 260 years before a reunion is even likely. I wouldn't be surprised if Adler is the sole surviving member by then, after all he's already defied the odds and medical science.

Edited by Gunns
  • Like 2

Of course they say nothing but good things about Slash, they play almost nothing but his material every show they play in GNR :rofl-lol:

Look where everybody tiptoeing around Axl, walking on eggshells and not upsetting him has ended up!

Slash could have called Stuson "that fucking scab" but he didn't... I know Axl is thin skinned but do you guys really think this is a dis? (whats his name)

Guest Gunns

Of course they say nothing but good things about Slash, they play almost nothing but his material every show they play in GNR :rofl-lol:

Look where everybody tiptoeing around Axl, walking on eggshells and not upsetting him has ended up!

Slash could have called Stuson "that fucking scab" but he didn't... I know Axl is thin skinned but do you guys really think this is a dis? (whats his name)

From an ex alcoholic to a current one, you think Slash would've been giving the guy compliments for at least representing a portion of the image that GnR were known for back in the day.

• Like 1

That is idiotic from Slash, if he wants to make amends with Axl, he should probably not say shit like this about someone who has been with Axl for 16 years.

Exactly. Slash's problem is with Axl, so why does he take his frustrations out on the band? If you go and read a Dj or Bumblefoot interview, they have nothing but good things to say about Slash.

Can you imagine the backlash if Axl needlessly dissed Todd Kerns, or somebody else in Slash's band?

Ladies and Gentlemen: Tommy "what's his name" Stinson!

• Like 1