Slash on Duff with Axl "he told me he was going to fill in for whats his name.."

Stinson to Slash is like Todd Kerns to Axl. Why should we expect either of them to know the names of the bass players in the other dudes band? Slash said nothing really controversial here

Because away from their public lives, they maintain a private interest in each other's pursuits. Slash mighn't be throwing darts at Frank Ferrer-themed board, but he definitely knows whose part of the band.

In terms of the diss: Tommy has been with Axl's GNR for what, 16 years? Kerns hasn't been with Slash for anywhere as long. Plus, it's not like Tommy is only known for his with tenure with GNR; in case you hadn't noticed, The Replacements are kind of a big deal.

Stinson to Slash is like Todd Kerns to Axl. Why should we expect either of them to know the names of the bass players in the other dudes band? Slash said nothing really controversial here

Because away from their public lives, they maintain a private interest in each other's pursuits. Slash mighn't be throwing darts at Frank Ferrer-themed board, but he definitely knows whose part of the band.

In terms of the diss: Tommy has been with Axl's GNR for what, 16 years? Kerns hasn't been with Slash for anywhere as long. Plus, it's not like Tommy is only known for his with tenure with GNR; in case you hadn't noticed, The Replacements are kind of a big deal.

Yes they are. Great fucking band. Tommy is the real deal. But is it so hard to understand why Slash would react that way? I would probably feel like shit about idk...seeing pics and clips from the Guns shows with Duff. Just an example.

Stop overreacting is what I'm thinking. But yeah it was disrespectful tbh. I just think it's a weird thing that happened with Duff and Axl. I Know it's weird for me. Great, but I bet it stings for Slash. So how about taking that into consideration.

It's pretty much inevitable that if Duff got in permanently he'd get those two talking again eventually.

Only in your reunion infested mind would it be inevitable.

Some people don't understand what "not in this lifetime" means. Whoever it was that came up with never say never would never have written it if they knew Axl Rose.

It's been 18 years since Slash left Guns. 18 years. The old band died a long time ago. Love it, hate it, or be indifferent about it, new Guns is all you're going to get imo. The best, wildest thing I could hope for will be for Duff to come back. But what about Tommy. Idk. Shit's crazy right now in Gn'R land. (even more so then usual)

Edited by Rovim

It's pretty much inevitable that if Duff got in permanently he'd get those two talking again eventually.

Only in your reunion infested mind would it be inevitable.

Some people don't understand what "not in this lifetime" means. Whoever it was that came up with never say never would never have written it if they knew Axl Rose.

It's been 18 years since Slash left Guns. 18 years. The old band died a long time ago. Love it, hate it, or be indifferent about it, new Guns is all you're going to get imo. The best, wildest thing I could hope for will be for Duff to come back. But what about Tommy. Idk. Shit's crazy right now in Gn'R land. (even more then usual)

Another poster on here said just the other day, that they "hadn't heard the Slash is a cancer/not in this lifetime talk for a couple of years", so apparently Axl must have mellowed towards the idea. Apparently, Axl needs to update these people weekly on his feelings towards Slash and a reunion, or they automatically assume he's changed his mind.

I dunno man I am just not buying that Slash HAS to know Tommy's name and would be able to recall it in an random interview. Not saying he doesn't know he was in The Replacements but I don't think it is a stretch by any means that he didn't know the dudes name. Either way this interview is still non controversial IMO Edited by WhazUp

Are the replies here really serious or you guys are just messing around with eachother? If serious, Good Lord! LOL!

Many times, I tend to forget names of acquaintances, or even friends if theres a lot of things in my head. And Slash was in an interview so no way does he have time to correct it once said.

Are the replies here really serious or you guys are just messing around with eachother? If serious, Good Lord! LOL!

Many times, I tend to forget names of acquaintances, or even friends if theres a lot of things in my head. And Slash was in an interview so no way does he have time to correct it once said.

LOL, no kidding.

I'm starting to think that some of the guys are just trolling and trying to get a reaction.

"what's his name" is now some huge insult against somebody? Seriously?

To be die-hard fans of a guy who called a band member a cancer and a forum admin a lesbian c*nt but then get outraged over "what's his name"........it really is just laughable.

The weird need to insult anything Slash does just because Axl doesn't like him is a mindset that I'll never understand.

Slash could find a cure for cancer and people would still find a way to complain about it.

I'm gonna say it again, everything Slash says is an attempt to remain cool. He's constantly living his life as a character and in every interview he's done he talks like nothing really matters to him, and nothing ever bothers him.

His comments are just him trying to say the "coolest" thing possible. I don't mind it. He's consistent. I hate Slash's interviews but it's what he's built his life into.

I don't understand why a music legend would feel the need to put someone who doesn't have anywhere near the same level of notoriety down.

His comments are just him trying to say the "coolest" thing possible

Reminds me of someone who is currently in the band...though Slash is probably a thousand times more subtle and better at it. Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

Who's excusing Axl? Who's calling it a huge insult?

Go back and re-read this topic.

You, Iftheworld, and a few others are making a huge deal out a throw-away sentence and attaching WAY more meaning to it than what was probably intended. And, imo, you guys are just doing it because it is Slash saying it. If Axl said that about somebody in another band, would you guys be on here criticizing him for it?

It just seems like you guys look for any possible way to insult anything that Slash does. Anything that the guy does or says, a group on here spins it to make it seem like the most evil thing possible.

I'm a 1000000 times bigger Axl fan than Slash fan.

If I won a "100 free concert tickets to see GnR or Slash" contest, I'd go see GnR 99 times and Slash 1 time.

But when I read that comment it literally didn't register ANYTHING negative to me.

I just don't understand how anybody could read sooooooo much into his comment.

Sometimes I mix up the names of my own children. But people are freaking out because Slash didn't remember the name of somebody in a band that he hasn't been in for over 18 years?

I just think that some people make WAY too big of a deal over things that Slash does and says. And put way too much meaning into it, as well as way too much negative energy into. And yes - I feel the same way when people bash everything that Axl does.

Slash is just putting out a new album, is touring with Aerosmith. Do you really think he is sitting at home obsessing over who is in Axl's band?

LOL, no kidding.

I'm starting to think that some of the guys are just trolling and trying to get a reaction.

"what's his name" is now some huge insult against somebody? Seriously?

To be die-hard fans of a guy who called a band member a cancer and a forum admin a lesbian c*nt but then get outraged over "what's his name"........it really is just laughable.

The weird need to insult anything Slash does just because Axl doesn't like him is a mindset that I'll never understand.

Slash could find a cure for cancer and people would still find a way to complain about it.

it has nothing to do with axl though groghan. if slash wanted to take a potshot at axl that is fine. stinson has nothing to do with the problem between slash and axl. he was asked a question and he could have answered the question a million ways, but the best he could up with is "whats his name". really? it seems to me anyway a slight dig. is it a huge insult? no? but it is still a dig. if the whole interview is posted and the context is shown and changes the context then i will admit i was wrong, but right now it seems like a dig to me.

Edited by bran

Bran................"what's his name"................dude, seriously?

In the overall scheme of life, would YOU personally get mad if somebody called you that?

When did GnR fans get so overly sensitive?

If Axl was being interviewed and asked a question about the old band and he said "old what's his name" would you guys be on here railing about what a HUGE insult that was to Slash?

What the hell is this world coming to. When "what's his name" now registers as something to be gravely offended by?

Axl called Slash a cancer. Slash called a player in GnR "what's his name." Is there seriously even a comparison there?

Slash is in the middle of releasing a brand new album, and isn't he touring with Aerosmith right now? Maybe he has more important things on his mind than keeping track of who is playing in GnR. Maybe he doesn't really care who is in the band and is just concentrating on his own career?

I have to say Bran that I'm a little surprised you'd take offense to such a light-weight comment. And I'd bet $100 that people on here are putting more "into" the meaning of his sentence than Slash meant. And I don't really even like Slash.

• Like 1

Many many people have never heard of The Replacements. Slash could have simply said "He is filling in for the bass player" or "he is filling in on bass duties" though lol.

THIS is the correct answer in case he had forgotten the name for real. But Slash was called a "cancer". Nothing else on earth can beat that insult. Seriously :(

Bran................"what's his name"................dude, seriously?

In the overall scheme of life, would YOU personally get mad if somebody called you that?

When did GnR fans get so overly sensitive?

If Axl was being interviewed and asked a question about the old band and he said "old what's his name" would you guys be on here railing about what a HUGE insult that was to Slash?

What the hell is this world coming to. When "what's his name" now registers as something to be gravely offended by?

Axl called Slash a cancer. Slash called a player in GnR "what's his name." Is there seriously even a comparison there?

Slash is in the middle of releasing a brand new album, and isn't he touring with Aerosmith right now? Maybe he has more important things on his mind than keeping track of who is playing in GnR. Maybe he doesn't really care who is in the band and is just concentrating on his own career?

I have to say Bran that I'm a little surprised you'd take offense to such a light-weight comment. And I'd bet $100 that people on here are putting more "into" the meaning of his sentence than Slash meant. And I don't really even like Slash.

im not offended in the slightest :lol: i just think it was a slight dig has nothing to do with me being offended. it is just an opinion.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

don't know how credible but 'a person from another site' said:

"word from LA locals some of whom im friends with is that Myles is slash's whipping boy & that basically *whispers* that SLASH has to come before Alter Bridge, my friend who i'd like to keep anon is an up and coming musician, she actually turned down dinner with slash, she's played at House Of Blues in recent years"

Edited by Huge fan