Slash on Duff with Axl "he told me he was going to fill in for whats his name.."

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know Tommy's name either if I wasn't on this forum. Tommy is basically a No Name bass player.

I never even heard of The Replacements until this forum, and have yet to hear a song by them. It's Just a fact peeps.

Edited by 31illusions

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know Tommy's name either if I wasn't on this forum. Tommy is basically a No Name bass player.

I never even heard of The Replacements until this forum, and have yet to hear a song by them. It's Just a fact peeps.

No one is denying that a random dude on mygnrform wasn't aware who Tommy Stinson was, is a fact, peep. But you aren't Slash.

So Slash referred to what's his name as what's his name. That's pretty funny.

I wonder if Tommy knows the name of the bass player in Slash's band. Hell, considering the condition Tommy is usually in, I wonder if he knows his own name sometimes.

The people pouting about Slash's comment are probably some of the same people who like to talk about what a fucked up junkie he was during his time in Guns. Perhaps he's beginning to suffer from the side effects of years of drug abuse. For example, forgetting the names of people he just doesn't give a shit about.

So Slash referred to what's his name as what's his name. That's pretty funny.

I wonder if Tommy knows the name of the bass player in Slash's band. Hell, considering the condition Tommy is usually in, I wonder if he knows his own name sometimes.

The people pouting about Slash's comment are probably some of the same people who like to talk about what a fucked up junkie he was during his time in Guns. Perhaps he's beginning to suffer from the side effects of years of drug abuse. For example, forgetting the names of people he just doesn't give a shit about.

Anyone who's read his lousy biography knows he can't remember shit - but in this case I actually believe he knows exactly who Tommy Stinson is but chooses to refer to him that way as a not-so-subtle put down.

Oh c'mon. Don't be ridiculous. It's very reasonably possible he just didn't know the guy's name off the top of his head.

We're not talking about some legendary household name, we're talking about a member most famous for being in a cult following band. MAJOR emphasis on the word cult here. Slash doesn't seem like the biggest Replacements fan to me.

Yes, Slash is aware nu guns exists. But I very much doubt he looks at it as anything more than Axl and a bunch of guys playing Guns song like the rest of the world does. And I very much doubt he can name individual members other than Axl (and in his case, Dizzy) again, like most of the rest of the world.

People blowing this up as anything more are just trying to satisfy their juicy soap opera ridden appetites. But I HIGHLY doubt there's anything to be eaten here folks. Sorry. :shrugs:

Wow, people really are making a bigger deal out of this than it is - You'd be suprised to hear that not many people outside these forums know who's actually in Axls band atm, and I doubt Slash keeps up to date either. I couldn't tell you who was in Slashs band other than Myles, and I wasn't even aware of the Replacements until I heard Tommy was playing for GNR.

Axl called Slash a cancer, that is infinately a lot worse than Slash not quite remembering the name of anyone in Axls band. Get the rose tinted glasses off.

Axl called Slash a cancer because he has personal issues about his treatment from him. What did Stinson ever do to Slash?

The haters need to produce proof that Slash knows Tommy's name before any more conspiracy theories can be floated.

Unless he mentioned him anywhere and used his name, its just a guy who couldn't recall a name in the heat of the moment...do it every day.

That is idiotic from Slash, if he wants to make amends with Axl, he should probably not say shit like this about someone who has been with Axl for 16 years.

Exactly. Slash's problem is with Axl, so why does he take his frustrations out on the band? If you go and read a Dj or Bumblefoot interview, they have nothing but good things to say about Slash.

Can you imagine the backlash if Axl needlessly dissed Todd Kerns, or somebody else in Slash's band?

Ladies and Gentlemen: Tommy "what's his name" Stinson!

the problem with some of you is you think this is a diss. Honestly you guys need to get over your selves and your weird love of Axl that makes anything that doesn't glorify him or his pals insulting. How in the fuck is this a diss? Do you people honestly think Slash sits around looking and waiting for opportunities to diss Axl and his bandmates? Get fucking real. If Slash wanted to diss these people he'd have ample opportunity to do it and he wouldn't do it such a minor way that doesn't even come off as a diss. He most likley genuinely forgot his name off the top of his head and probably said "what's in name" i such a throw away manner as he was trying to recall Tommy's name. And then like Ive said twice already they cut his quote short to make it seem like he never followed "What's his name" up with anything. Some of you are so deep in your love of Axl Rose you actually look for reasons to be offended by shit like this. It's unreal

And who the hell says Slash even wants tyo make amends with Axl? Some of you act liek all Slash thinks about is getting back together with Axl. What planet are you living on? Of the two the only one who's actually moved on is Slash.

The haters need to produce proof that Slash knows Tommy's name before any more conspiracy theories can be floated.

Unless he mentioned him anywhere and used his name, its just a guy who couldn't recall a name in the heat of the moment...do it every day.

You know better than that mate...........I have read interviews with Slash where he actually praised Axl and the haters used their secret decoder rings to find out Slash was really dissing Axl................. :lol:

No big deal IMHO tas his is going to happen anytime Slash gives an interview and talks about the past..............the haters will find someway to see things that aren't there and accuse Slash of dissing Axl or NuGuns............ :shrugs:

If Slash was the good guy he makes himself out to be Axl wouldn't have hated him for 20 years.

Based on reports from others who suffer his wrath Axl seems to hold grudges against a lot of people............ :shrugs:..it may be stronger in Slash's case, as he and Axl were very close at one point, but Slash is not a unique case..........

Edited by classicrawker

don't know how credible but 'a person from another site' said:

"word from LA locals some of whom im friends with is that Myles is slash's whipping boy & that basically *whispers* that SLASH has to come before Alter Bridge, my friend who i'd like to keep anon is an up and coming musician, she actually turned down dinner with slash, she's played at House Of Blues in recent years"

Huh?

don't know how credible but 'a person from another site' said:

"word from LA locals some of whom im friends with is that Myles is slash's whipping boy & that basically *whispers* that SLASH has to come before Alter Bridge, my friend who i'd like to keep anon is an up and coming musician, she actually turned down dinner with slash, she's played at House Of Blues in recent years"

Huh?

That's idiotic. If Myles didn't want to play with Slash then he simply wouldn't. He is already a member of a pretty successful band. He could easily quit and spend 100% of his efforts to Alter and doing solo work. It's disturbing how Axl die-hards will do anything to discredit Slash. A guy who hasn't been in GnR for almost 20 years.

Why is it that Slash must be insulting Stinson just because he doesn't know his name?

This is probably the only response that was needed in this entire thread.

Thanks Russ for once again being the voice of logic and common sense.

Is it the same saying "to fill in for whats-his-name" than going like...?

"- to fill in for... what's his name again?

- Tommy Stinson

- Ah, yeah... Stinson"

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/what%27s-his-name

Pronoun

what's-his-name

1. A person or entity, particularly male, whose name one does not remember but that is known to the person to which one is speaking.
  2. A person or entity, particularly male, whose name one does not want to mention but that is known to the person to which one is speaking.

I feel like the issue isn't him not knowing his name, it's Slash referring to him as "what's his name". He could have said Duff is filling in for their bass player or Duff was joining the band for a few shows. But he said "what's his name" which is a rude way of referring to a person.

Now I don't think Slash meant anything by it. He simply misspoke. It's still rude, but not meant to be a jab at anyone. There's been much worse things said between Axl and Slash.

• Like 1