Axl is on Budweiser advertising

However, according to the lunatics, Axl has integrity and they even applaud that attitude. The ad proves they were 100% wrong. He's a sell out, just like almost everyone in the music business and there's nothing wrong with that. A normal human being who chose to be an artist needs to sell their product.

It proves it even more so than before. Appetite for Democracy and really just 2012 in general came close to sinking the integrity ship all together.

It's a rock and roll ad, ffs.

No. It's a Budweiser ad that is using both Axl connection to Brazil and the World Cup to sell their product.

I can only imagine how much money they have invested to be one of the FIFA sponsors. Is it true that Brazil had a law that banned people from drinking beer at the games? It looks like that very same law has been broken for the Word Cup. It's all about money, baby! :lol:

That is totally true. Our history of hooliganism caused a prohibition long ago, that has been revoked for the World Cup.

In SA they are more into pop Latin music than rap

Says who?

The players from Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay for example. And they diehard fans (by diehard I mean violent groups) Baziliand maybe more into Samba or carnival music. Still Latin rythm

Says who?

The players from Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay for example. And they diehard fans (by diehard I mean violent groups) Baziliand maybe more into Samba or carnival music. Still Latin rythm

That's utter crap. I'm Brazilian.

Edited by Pedrolg

Says who?

That's what I was thinking.

I'm from South America, as well. Where are you from, Padme?

Says who?

How many Brazilian players and torcida members are GN´R fans or Metallica fans? I don´t think it´s the majority.

Says who?

How many Brazilian players and torcida members are GN´R fans or Metallica fans? I don´t think it´s the majority.

Oh, many of them. And also rap, rap, both national and international are very popular in Brazil.

São Paulo (football/soccer team) for example always comes out of the locker room to Highway to Hell, from Ac/DC.

Edited by Pedrolg

Doing adverts vs refusing to release more than one record in 15 years yet touring as GNR = which equates to degradation of Axl's integrity?

Integrity means that one is not willing to sacrifice of compromise one's values in pursuit of one's goals. Unless you can demonstrate that featuring in this commercial compromises any of Axl's values then you can't say this affects his integrity :shrugs:

Says who?

Oh, many of them. And also rap, rap, both national and international are very popular in Brazil.

São Paulo (football/soccer team) for example always comes out of the locker room to Highway to Hell, from Ac/DC.

I want names. Neymar? Ronaldino? And rap is not rock. So put some real rap song and not a rock song turned into rap a commercial then

LOL, there's not much to talk about anymore. Slash, Axl they are all the same. They want money through their music. I just have to have a laugh at the Axl fans who believe Axl would never do that. They listen to a orchestra synth on CD and they believe Axl is this musical genius who abandoned rock n' roll to pursue this artistic opera rock carreer. They think the coolest thing on Earth is NOT doing interviews, not doing talk shows, not promoting your records, just because Axl sucks at doing it.

And now this, a beer ad... featuring a rap version of PC... this must be one more of Slash's media-whoring sell out moments right? right? Well, look who's in the ad: musical genius, integrity genius, perfect human being Axl Rose! Wow.

He looks cool in the ad, I have no problem with it. I just have to laugh at the Axl fanatics. People are bringing up Slash. No need to. His fans know he's worked with rap, pop and latin artists. It's not a big deal. Slash is an open-minded guy and ceratinly needs money, he's an independent artist.

Axl on the other hand....

:lol:

That version of PC was worse than the old one's rap-version of it. But still, it wasn't as bad as his rhinestone tophat and guitar in that Super Bowl show. Can we all agree now, that the certain old member and Axl are both sell-outs?

It was really cool to see proshot footage of Axl, though. But he makes the weirdest choices. He doesn't do interviews, but does this. He just so weird.

Edited by jekylhyde

And now this, a beer ad... featuring a rap version of PC... this must be one more of Slash's media-whoring sell out moments right? right? Well, look who's in the ad: musical genius, integrity genius, perfect human being Axl Rose! Wow.

I was waiting for your post. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

Says who?

I want names. Neymar? Ronaldino? And rap is not rock. So put some real rap song and not a rock song turned into rap a commercial then

Messi is a Queen fan. i just gave you the best player in the world.

Says who?

Those are players, not a valid representation of football fans in general, o Brazilian population whatsoever. Yeah, they like samba.

Doing adverts vs refusing to release more than one record in 15 years yet touring as GNR = which equates to degradation of Axl's integrity?

Integrity means that one is not willing to sacrifice of compromise one's values in pursuit of one's goals. Unless you can demonstrate that featuring in this commercial compromises any of Axl's values then you can't say this affects his integrity :shrugs:

He is doing what he's always done regarding GNR's current predicament, I suppose you're right that he is not showing lack of integrity regarding his behaviour but the whole point of him keeping the band alive was to evolve the thing and regardless of the bumps n' bruises that have came and gone, he's had more than enough resources and time to make a better go of it than he has done, the original integrity of new Guns has been battered and is just regaining momentum, merely as he's mixed the set up and got back to sounding like Axl Rose, a few sentences is what the fanbase is relying on in trusting him that he's ready to release something else. He criticized Slash heavily for associating himself with GNR consistently yet the guy outweighs Axl massively regarding moving on and distancing his old work to what he tours with, it's a murky concept 'integrity' and can be observed and analyzed several ways.

That version of PC was worse than the old one's rap-version of it. But still, it wasn't as bad as his rhinestone tophat and guitar in that Super Bowl show. Can we all agree now, that the certain old member and Axl are both sell-outs?

It was really cool to see proshot footage of Axl, though. But he makes the weirdest choices. He doesn't do interviews, but does this. He just so weird.

How can it be worse? It has no Fergie.

This could be close!

It's showtime....

Lets rise as one.

Take me down to the paradise city

where the grass is green, and the ball is queen

The world is here, our boots are on

????? ????? ???? ????

Lets rise as one, i'll show you how to do this, son.

a referee 'll blow the whistle, or dress up in a ten

Coming through again and again

Replay, no way you're gonna catch me, your brothers can't scratch me

move straight past defenders, i rock and they surrender,

I'm a rockstar, ready to raise the bar

striker, slasher, lighter, stronger than a fighter, strike the fire, igniter

where the grass is green, and the ball is queen

Taaaake meeee hoomme!

This world cup is gonna be loud, I'ma do it for the crowd

we're gonna rock the world baby, lets rise as one baby

where the grass is green, and the ball is queen.

:shrugs:

How can it be worse? It has no Fergie.

That's why it's worse :P