CD Remix album - testing the waters?

Some Remixes will be even better tan the final songs on the álbum so at the end you may have the complete álbum that Works for you.

I believe THIS I LOVE remix its amazing and raspy, and SCRAPED with Eric Caudeaux work on it should improve the one we already have!

To me anything they launch its gonna be great and maybe thru REMIX they launch SILKWORMS n OH MY GOD which have Little chances to be on

CD2

Its a diehard souvenir of course but some remixes could work as singles or jingles on Radio or Disco!

Edited by guzzy

Isnt the AFD3D movie a better way to test the waters for the demand of a new GN'R release than a remix album? Especially the god awful remixes we've heard. The only one that had any substance to it was the This I Love remix and thats only cause of Axls vocals. Sorry Brain, stick to drumming.

Since no one really knows what or how Axl thinks its hard to say. I think throwing the remix album in some kind of box set with another cd or two of unreleased chi dem stuff along with a cool behind the scenes booklet and maybe a taped live show would make for a really cool and unique box set. Other than that, I don't think anyone would really care and I'd call it a waste of time and resources.

Blood in the Water is one of the worst songs (?) I've ever heard. A remix album would be hilarious. I hope they release it.

Wait you heard the entire song? Nope. Didn't think so.

yes I did, Leader of the Axl Rose Defense Force. Don't fool yourself, you can't think.

Blood in the Water is one of the worst songs (?) I've ever heard. A remix album would be hilarious. I hope they release it.

yes I did, Leader of the Axl Rose Defense Force. Don't fool yourself, you can't think.

God you're inept and out of your depth child.

I think it's more probable that his mentioning the possible release of remixed CD within in an article was his attempt to test the waters among fans for its reception in and of itself (should he decide to release it), and judging by this thread so far, the overall response from GnR fans is: "Please God no," or "Only if it's free."

I think it's a bigger jump to theorize that Axl may want to release a remixed CD in order to test the waters for the release of new songs.

:facepalm:

No kidding.

No kidding.

Blocked two Slashites right there nice.

No kidding.

Sure...

I think it's more probable that his mentioning the possible release of remixed CD within in an article was his attempt to test the waters among fans for its reception in and of itself (should he decide to release it), and judging by this thread so far, the overall response from GnR fans is: "Please God no," or "Only if it's free."

I think it's a bigger jump to theorize that Axl may want to release a remixed CD in order to test the waters for the release of new songs.

I honestly believe he mentioned it because there are no new new songs. There are only old new songs from way back (the remix album and second half of CD), which routinely get mentioned whenever any of them is asked about new material. So they would have to have been testing the waters for quite a while... My assumption, if they release an album with completely new tracks, I'll be ecstatic but can't see it happen.

I think the leaks were testing the waters. Strangely Goin Down got the best reaction?

I think if they put Silkworms and Oh My God on the remix album with maybe Goin Down and then start playing alt versions of Better and This I Love live. Even slip on Atlas Shruuged on there as its kind of a CD song.

CD II plus Remix album on Deluxe Edition with maybe even a triple cd with all the songs mixed up. That to me would be a great idea.

The remix album makes very little sense, the remix album is a bonus cd for a Chinese re-issue... giving it a full release makes very little sense, I mean I'm sure there's some good stuff on the remix album but I would say releasing an album with new material next is the correct move. I have a curiosity for the re-mix album but I'm more interested in CD II or whatever new material the band is "readying" for us over the next few months.

Guest Gunns

Axl if you're reading this,

Evader is happy for you to use his work (with credits of course) in any upcoming release. You need him.

sincerely,

GnR remix fans.

I think the leaks were testing the waters. Strangely Goin Down got the best reaction?

That's the impression I got from them, since wasn't it Ron who was responsible for the recent leaks?

Could have been a control test to see how interested people are in new material from the band.

That's the impression I got from them, since wasn't it Ron who was responsible for the recent leaks?

Could have been a control test to see how interested people are in new material from the band.

Yeah, but then Team Brazil got angry with their leaking (see: condescending tweet around that time). Doubt they were behind them.

Yeah, but then Team Brazil got angry with their leaking (see: condescending tweet around that time). Doubt they were behind them.

I thought they only reacted on the leaking of Going Down (whole song) in August and not on the leak with the clips/remixes ? Or did I miss that somehow ?

No kidding.

Sure...

Isn't it funny how the people who get mad about being called Axl Nutters and Worshipers have no problem throwing out the word Slashite?

Slashite? Sure, dude.

I'm a million times bigger of a fan of Axl than Slash.

I thought VR sucked. Have only like 3-4 of his recent solo songs.

The sad thing is that posters like you don't realize that your over-the-top worshipping of everything Axl does ends up causing drama and fighting on the forum. You cause people to end up saying negative things about Axl or to say positive things about Slash that they normally have no interest in doing. Your like the mom who does nothing but brag about how amazing and perfect their child is, eventually even the mom's family and good friends get annoyed by it.

The fact that you pride yourself in being the leader of the axl rose defense force........that's like something a junior high girl would say about her love of Justin Bieber.

Why not just lose all the drama and over-the-top crap and talk calmly and peacefully with other Axl Rose and GnR fans? Even though we might not praise Axl's every move, most of us on here are huge Axl Rose fans and have been for years and years. It's OK to use logic and common sense instead of just thinking you have to fight with anybody who isn't 100% positive about every GnR move.