CD Remix album - testing the waters?

So I recently read Axl's comments about the Chinese Democracy remix album and the possibilty of another album (I think the article was from Revolver). I'm not exactly sure if the remix album was supposed to have come out around the same time as Chinese Democracy was, if at all, so someone fill me in if I'm off the mark.

But I just want to touch on this article and why Axl stills sees this remix album as something still pertanent and still talked (by him) about since these remixes were done quite a while ago. And why it seems he wants the remix album out first.

From the small snippets that were leaked (the 15 second clips) they sound way more electronic/industrial. Less guitar oriented. I liked them but that's beside the point.

None of us here knows what the songs like The General, Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, etc sound like and all we have are song titles.

Do you think releasing the remix album first is a way of testing the waters on what new songs to record/stuff from the vault from the Chinese Democracy sessions to put out to the public?

I like the Chinese Democracy songs, but I wouldn't pay a red cent for the remixes we've heard so far ( be that Blood In The Water or the rerecorded Betters)

If it had studio versions of Silkworms, Oh My God, Going Down etc I'd be interested but otherwise no fucking way.

I think it'd be a bad idea to release a remix album to test the waters. Sure, I'd buy it, but not too many others, I think. If it were up to me, I'd release it with the 'second half of CD', as a bonus cd, maybe a deluxe edition. That would be nice for the fans.

• Like 3

Guest Gunns

Brain tried to do an Evader but fell way short. I would pay for an album of Evaders remixes complete with conceptual artwork, poster of Lana del Rey nude and a buckethead signed figurine.

• Like 3

I would be interested but the public wouldn't. (Unless they're hard rock remixes of the songs which i doubt). I'd be more interested in new music.

The holy grail for me is if they'd give all the original 35mm negatives that have the music videos on them to someone (i.e. Disney or Sony who are both masters of remastering films) and remaster them (correctly) and release them on Blu-ray with the MFSL versions of the albums (or a new audiophile remaster)

Blood in the Water is one of the worst songs (?) I've ever heard. A remix album would be hilarious. I hope they release it.

"Fan "

And a huge one. AFD and UYI are my favorites. I also enjoy early versions of TWAT and Better. If I weren't a fan I wouldn't be here, agree?

Don't you agree a remix album of CD would be hilarious? Have you heard Blood in the Water? Releasing remixes of 6-10 years old songs that nobody outside the forums care about. How is that not hilarious?

Remix album first would be a bad move.

A bad feedback from public n media would stop

of the most wanted, New Music!!

Launch Cd 2 n remix as bonus or sepparately

but Cd2 should come first IMO.

• Like 1

When a band has put out one album in the last 21 years, and that album was six years ago, the last thing they should do is put out a remix of that album. Putting out a remix album of your only album in the last 21 years is sending the message that you don't have enough good NEW material to release a new record.

Fans have had enough time to digest Chinese Democracy. GnR has worked it for long enough.

Putting out a remix album now makes absolutely no sense at all.

Does anyone remember the Catcher in the Rye electronic remix on youtube back shortly after CD was released? The person even had the original "AXL" username on youtube. It sounded good and you could tell it was legit and not some fan-made BS. I actually thought it was Axl at the time because how would this guy not only have the original "AXL" youtube name AND this Catcher remix that nobody else had. The account was terminated though due to copyright infringement.

Blood in the Water is one of the worst songs (?) I've ever heard. A remix album would be hilarious. I hope they release it.

"Fan "

And a huge one. AFD and UYI are my favorites. I also enjoy early versions of TWAT and Better. If I weren't a fan I wouldn't be here, agree?

Don't you agree a remix album of CD would be hilarious? Have you heard Blood in the Water? Releasing remixes of 6-10 years old songs that nobody outside the forums care about. How is that not hilarious?

Pretty much this.

If they release the remix album as a bonus disc with the next album, that's fine. But to release it on it's own is just dumb imo. The answer to the question "worst gnr album?" The CD remix album if released individually. It just is what it is. Has turd written all over it....

Edited by Mike420
  • Like 1

Making the remix album a bonus disc would make the most sense, packaging it with Chinese Democracy II.

While they're at it they can release the remastered CD as Chinese Democracy I for a UYI throwback and push out some "ultimate" edition or whatever, throwing the three albums into one package to properly milk fans. :P

Axl and his people really make me laugh some time....

a remix record? ... i can only shake my head.... please please please just release some of those new 15 year old songs already....

i guess im just another idiot demanding things right?