SLASH: 'The Only People That Obsess About GUNS N' ROSES Is Media'

Bucket covered GNR songs all the time while he was Axl's employee. The difference, though, is that Bucket was covering songs that slash helped write.

Just curious. You clearly love Bucket and love to ridicule Slash. But your friend bucket took a giant payday to play Slash's work note for note. I'm pretty sure. I've never heard Slash cover "For Mom," which is my favorite Bucket song ever.

That's an awful lot of projecting; while doing that, you missed the point entirely. Slash wants to distance himself from the band and avoid reunion talks, but still plays their music on a nightly basis to give the impression he's still interested in it. Whenever he talks he just comes off as a bitter loser trying to stay relevant, so I can see why he avoids the mic at concerts. No idea what you're trying to say or imply with For Mom lol

This is a blatant lie, bro

What about Axl?

Most of the material he plays is from his old band, wrote by old members. hell ,even CD songs written by past members, lol

You're a hilarious nutswinger, though

One guy's in a band called Guns N' Roses, the other doesn't want to be in a band called Guns N' Roses...huh. :P

• Like 1

I'm going to assume only nutbars would take issue with Slash playing a handful of GNR songs at his shows, so I guess it's good to leave that alone until someone half sane says something.

That said, I don't like how Slash comes across in this interview. You and Axl would be nobodies without classic Guns, man. Respect that.

He might say that to sound cool, but when around half the songs in his setlists are GnR covers, it speaks otherwise.

What about when Bucket was in the band? You love Bucket a lot, apparently. I do, too.

Bucket covered GNR songs all the time while he was Axl's employee. The difference, though, is that Bucket was covering songs that slash helped write.

Just curious. You clearly love Bucket and love to ridicule Slash. But your friend bucket took a giant payday to play Slash's work note for note. I'm pretty sure. I've never heard Slash cover "For Mom," which is my favorite Bucket song ever.

Slash is incapable of making any kind of artistic statement that matters without Axl and he knows it.

People care about GNR because its all there is about him to care about.

At least Axl put out something divisive, weird and batshit insane, not the same chuggachugga I R T3H RAwK G0D bullshit Slash churns over every time he doesn't get invited to wank at the Super Bowl.

Everywhere I go, all I hear is people cranking Sorry. Bars, clubs, sports games, everyone keeps cranking Sorry! It's played at homecoming, at prom, at weddings, at funerals. Katy Perry covered it, and so did lady Gaga. BUT I DONT VANT TO DO EEEET!

You're right, ChiDem is pure genius.

If you could make your replies have any kind of tangential relation to the posts you quote, that would be great.

Edited by tomfriend

SLASH: 'The Only People That Obsess About GUNS N' ROSES Is Media'

"CONTINUES TO PLAY OLD GNR SONGS IN HIS LIVE SHOWS"

AXL ROSE: I WANT TO BURY APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

"PLAYS 7 APPETITE SONGS AND 4 CD SONGS"

Edited by usemyillusions

AXL ROSE: I WANT TO BURY APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

"PLAYS 7 APPETITE SONGS AND 4 CD SONGS"

Uhm, that quote was from 1988 and in relation to new music after AFD. It is healthy in any aspiring musician to want to also outdo your latest work. In many ways Axl managed to do this through the release of UYIs and later CD. Granted, AFD will still be a fan favourite and thus it must be showcased in live shows. I don't think Axl ever meant he was not going to play songs off AFD in future shows. That being said, he probably never wanted AFD to become his most popular work, and he probably would want to have a setlist today based on different and newer music, but he is in a way a victim of AFD's popularity.

• Like 1

I have been saying for years that its hilarious how some fans can't come to grips with all of this when its been stated time and time again by the princiapls involved that its never happening.

That doesn't seem a bit off to some of your reunion zealots? That you are still, in 2014, so emotionally invested in something that the actual artists are not?

That's an awful lot of projecting; while doing that, you missed the point entirely. Slash wants to distance himself from the band and avoid reunion talks, but still plays their music on a nightly basis to give the impression he's still interested in it. Whenever he talks he just comes off as a bitter loser trying to stay relevant, so I can see why he avoids the mic at concerts. No idea what you're trying to say or imply with For Mom lol

This is a blatant lie, bro

What about Axl?

Most of the material he plays is from his old band, wrote by old members. hell ,even CD songs written by past members, lol

You're a hilarious nutswinger, though

One guy's in a band called Guns N' Roses, the other doesn't want to be in a band called Guns N' Roses...huh. :P

And your point is?

Axl is in his own band, not in GNR though

Legal bullshit means nothing and everybody knows that including Axl. He just wants the name for the money

I'm going to assume only nutbars would take issue with Slash playing a handful of GNR songs at his shows, so I guess it's good to leave that alone until someone half sane says something.

That said, I don't like how Slash comes across in this interview. You and Axl would be nobodies without classic Guns, man. Respect that.

I think Slash knows this, bro

Guest Gunns

At the end of the day both Slash and Axl could be doing better in their chosen paths. Axl's taken the easy path, the path more trodden by lately, which is a large step backwards to the early 00's where he had more of a 'prove himself' attitude with the then, new band.

I don't even like much of Slash's stuff outside GNR but he clearly moved on and is more than capable of expanding his horizons and displaying his talent beyond playing the same damn songs from the GNR days that he is entitled to play but why would you want to if you've got a chance to mix it up and progress? Check his sets, Axl can hide behind the name and 'expectations' yet in 2001 he sounded like he intended to release many records and evolve the band, which was the whole point in getting some appreciation for keeping the name. Yet he seems more a prostitute than the guy he claims is one, cause he's the one flogging an old dray horse in a new outfit, when he's had the talent and opportunities and personnel to carry the plot forward for many years now.

He's been touring his latest album since 2001 if we're honest anyway, which means the new songs really are not anywhere near new, I don't know what's wrong with Axl but the talent new GNR has had is ridiculous, if he loses BBF it's the end of the road for hoping he'll ever put anything else out.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I think this says it here. he's proud of what GNR did, but annoyed by reunion talk and journalists fishing for negative Axl info.

http://youtu.be/5uU5X9-_w7A?t=20m47s

if you follow the link it'll start right on that question. you don't have to search through the whole max sessions show for it. you're welcome. :)

Edited by uctalum01

If his current singer is truly the "hardest working" signer he's ever known, then that really speaks poorly on said singer considering his body of work. According to Slash, Axl achieved 1,000 times the vocal accomplishments while being "lazier."

I wonder if he knew he was praising Axl lol

When i opened the thread and read the OP i just think every Axl defender pointed out this, instead the usual bullshit they say

Actually your point is good, though :lol:

I'm definitely NOT a nut hugger, or "defender", but I did find it funny how he sort of unknowingly said Axl was more talented haha

Edited by combos

If his current singer is truly the "hardest working" signer he's ever known, then that really speaks poorly on said singer considering his body of work. According to Slash, Axl achieved 1,000 times the vocal accomplishments while being "lazier."

I wonder if he knew he was praising Axl lol

When i opened the thread and read the OP i just think every Axl defender pointed out this, instead the usual bullshit they say

Actually your point is good, though :lol:

I'm definitely NOT a nut hugger, or "defender", but I did find it funny how he sort of unknowingly said Axl was more talented haha

He was just talking about Myles' work ethic. Not about talent or skill or something. There is nothong untrue in what he said. Myles is running from studio to the tour with Slash and when they are done and everbody is going home or for holydays, Myles goes to Alter Bridge and does all that stuff again. And when he is done with Alter Bridge the shit is starting from the beginning. Does he ever take a break?

I for my part believe that Slash is sick of all the reunion talk. And I believe him when he says touring now is way more easy than touring back than with all the drugs, the alcohol, the delays and riots.

That has got nothing to do with not want to play some songs that made him famous. Songs that everybody wants to hear when attending his shows.

What are we talking about? Let him play songs he wants to play and let Axl sing songs he wants to sing. Sometimes this forum is a fucking kindergarten. Enjoy the music you want to hear and if not, just don't hear it

• Like 4

First he left GN'R because his junkie ego was already too big to fit in the band.

And right from the get-go you invalidate your point with one-sided rhetoric ;)

I think people might be taking what Slash is saying wrong. I don't think he meant "No one cares about GN'R", I just think he meant to say that the media cares more about a reunion then any of the people who were in the old line ups of GN'R do.

Yup! You have people here freaking out saying "well Slash is a liar he plays GNR songs in concerts" but their posts miss the point entirely

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

When you post stuff like "Slash manipulates the media" or that Slash not being relevant after GNR bullshit

Just because you can't see, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. :)

Like WFA said, the had two huge hits, Grammy nominations, thousands of videos, singles...

2 hits? Now ... that's relevant xD

Grammy nominations? ... wow ... the world bows on that ....

Thousand of videos? Are you sure that it wasn't millions of videos .... or, maybe, billions ...?

Seriously, Velvet Revolver was one of the biggest rock bands of the 2000's I thought. I was a teenager when they were big so my memory may be foggy but I remember nearly everyone I knew liked them, at least the singles. Their contemporaries respected them and the new bands begged to open for them ( I remember a young M Shadows campaigning for A7X to open for them around the time of City Evil).

You could be talking about thousands of other bands in your neighborhood.

Man, when you been in such a huge band, like GN'R was one day (all around the world - not just in your neighborhood)... you can see that what you are saying isn't relevant .... it's peanuts.

Anyway, I think that you guys are focusing too much in the "relevant" thing (maybe your patterns are just too low, I don't know) ... but, what really matters on this topic is this:

Anyway, it's funny to see slash complaining about media ... he's just spiting on the plate that he ate before. So many years have past and this guy keeps biting the hand that fed him.

That's Slash.

Edited by GUNNER PT

Jesus, I'm just glad some of the posters here are not in charge of large machinery or anything else for that matter.

Slash is just a guitar player not Dr. Evil.

Fucking hell...

:lol: So much this!

• Like 1