Slash--Apocalyptic love Vs. Ain't Life Grand

Slash-Apocalyptic Love vs. Ain't Life Grand  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easily Ain't Life Grand for me. I think its one of the best albums of the last 20 years and thats not a joke. Something about that album clicked. Great songs, great vocals, great Slash playing. I've always thought it was pretty much his most focused effort. The songs didn't sound generic, and they all had their own style and flair and it really felt like a great record.

Easily the better album, and I'm choosing Rod as the better singer just because I don't think Myles could have really made those songs what they are. I vote that Conspirators are easily a better band though.

• Like 2

I like both albums, but Ain't Life Grand has Serial Killer, so it wins. I think Myles is more versatile, so I voted for him.

I don't really know who was playing in Snakepit 2.0, so I voted to Conspirators, they are a great band.

Off topic: Who played with Slash before The Conspirators??

AIG
Rod Jackson (100 times better frontman than Kennedy ever was)
The Conspirators

Yeah, I really like Ain't Life Grand a lot ... very underrated record. The problem is that Rod Jackson kinda sucks on vocals. Really wish he could've found a better vocalist, definitely prefer Myles to Rod.

OMG you are deaf

I like both albums, but Ain't Life Grand has Serial Killer, so it wins. I think Myles is more versatile, so I voted for him.
I don't really know who was playing in Snakepit 2.0, so I voted to Conspirators, they are a great band.
Off topic: Who played with Slash before The Conspirators??

Slash's Snakepit Additional musicians
  • Teddy Andreadis – keyboards, backing vocals
  • Collin Douglas – percussion
  • Jimmy "Z" Zavala – saxophone, harmonica
  • Lee Thornburg – trumpet
  • Jeff Paris – backing vocals
  • Karen Lawrence – backing vocals
  • Kelly Hansen – backing vocals
  • Kim Nail – backing vocals
  • Raya Beam – vocals on "Mean Bone"

Where's the 'It doesn't matter which shit stinks worse, it's still shit.' option for all 3 questions?

In my ass, that's were Axl is
Why do you come on a Slash thread if you serisouly hate the guy's work outside of Guns?

• Like 1

You worry about why you love to whine about what I'm doing instead of what I'm doing. You're like I'd imagine a never ending anal itch to be... constantly annoying.

On a side note, I didn't ask where Axl was and it doesn't concern me in the least who has been up your ass.

You worry about why you love to whine about what I'm doing instead of what I'm doing. You're like I'd imagine a never ending anal itch to be... constantly annoying.

On a side note, I didn't ask where Axl was and it doesn't concern me in the least who has been up your ass.

You are on a forum where people post different opinions

That is why

Your opinion mostly contains serious butthurt reactions towards Slash like he fuck you in your ass. That's why i'm "whining"

Btw you're an arrogant sickfuck, if you constantly avoid answering my questions put me on ignore and don't reply with this type of nonsense

Carry on

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

You are on a forum where people post different opinions

That is why

Your opinion mostly contains serious butthurt reactions towards Slash like he fuck you in your ass. That's why i'm "whining"

Btw you're an arrogant sickfuck, if you constantly avoid answering my questions put me on ignore and don't reply with this type of nonsense

Carry on

My opinion is none of your concern and all of the crying you can manage to do isn't going to change anything. It's both ironic and moronic that you understand that there is an ignore feature, but expect me to use it to ignore your somewhat amusing stupidity even when it's obvious that my opinion brings you great mental anguish; and you still fail to use it yourself. Well played Meatwad, well played.

To answer your question and avoid farther whining about the subject, I came into this thread simply because it had a poll. Not seeing a suitable option to vote for, I suggested one that would work for the vast majority of the population. I'm not sorry that that stings your anus. No matter who is up there at the moment.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Ain't Life Grand is easily the best album Slash has done since Use Your Illusion. The riffs are heavy as hell and the songs themselves kick the shit out of pretty much all so called "hard rock" these days. Rod was the perfect singer for Slash. Such a shame he was an addict. It would have been cool to see what a third Snakepit album would have sounded like.

I think the Snakepit albums are Slash at his best. Solo Slash seems to have a tinge of "Hot Topic" generic metal to it, if that makes sense. That said songs like Anastasia and Back from Cali... Standing in the Sun... Halo.... lots of good stuff to hear.

... But Snakepit was loose and had swagger by the pound.

Contraband would grind them both to dust in a fight, though :).

Edited by Ant