Young vacationers in Spain.

November_rain

It happens because Spain is warm and cheap to fly to. That's it. It's two weeks liberation from families and hometowns. They go to join a community where everyone's relaxing, having a good time and speaks English. It's often cheaper to leave the UK than holiday here, because of how expensive train travel is.

November_rain, as a Brit, I offer my apologies to you on behalf of all Spaniards who have to endure this unacceptable behaviour. Your weather is nice and the sky is blue. It's no excuse for being antisocial though.

Good to see you back here ;)

You don´t have to apologize, it´s those idiots who behave like wild creatures who should. Not all the british tourists are like that, there are also a lot of families with kids and a lot of retired people and they are usually very nice and polite. But when it comes to the youth...it´s as if their whole vacation revolved around alcohol,alcohol and more alcohol. Do you guys have any kind of restrictions with regards to alcohol or something?. I´m curious to know because alcohol seems to be the only reason of their vacation.

The other day, a couple were travelling on their car on their way home and a bunch of these drunk hooligans were blocking the street. The dude asked them to get out of the way and they jumped on his car, opened the door, took him out of the car and gave him a beating. The driver just wanted to go home and look what happened.

We all make mistakes and stupid things when we are young but these people go too far.

Tourists in general suck, especially if you live in a place where they flock to by the millions. It's as if they leave all their common sense and their common courtesy back in their own country. Unfortunately they're a necessary evil and vital to the economy. New York City lost I don't know how many billions of dollars in tourism after 9/11, and while it was nice for a couple of years to actually walk thru Times Square, for example, without having idiots stop short right in front of you in the middle of the street to snap pictures and take In the view, jobs were lost and businesses closed as a result. It wasn't a good time for the industry as a whole, but NY especially.

My main problem with tourists is that they just do stupid shit. I don't go out of my way to avoid a cluster of them standing on a corner when I'm trying to cross the street by banging into them with my purse or elbow. Certainly they don't stand on a corner with a green light blocking people from walking past where they live. And they're just plain rude in general. Learn how to say simple words like "Please", "Hello", "Thank You", "Excuse Me" in the country you're visiting. It's not that difficult. Really, I can't stand them.

I don't know what's going on in Spain, but it sounds more like a policing problem. Certainly if there were enough officers patrolling these areas it would cut down on a lot of the debauchery going on there.

You are right, tourists can be annoying but they are also a good source of money and that is why some areas are permissive with them. Police officers can´t control everything becasue there aren´t enough and becasue there are other areas and stuff to take care of.

In some areas there are some confilcts between the neighbours and the businesses. Ones want peace and the others want money for their shops and bars.

Edited by November_rain

I know a lot of people go to the likes of Magaluf and Malia after they finish school, tends to be their first holiday without their parents. Most people get it out of their system though and wouldn't dream of going back. It's a pretty safe bet that the people going back are just awful, awful people. And I completely I agree, a group of single British blokes in their late twenties is the absolute worst thing.

These Americans we met in Barcelona asked if we had Facebook in Norway.

Yes, Americans do things like that. I met a bunch of Americans in Rome and we were discussing withdrawing cash (I had some problem converting travellers' cheques) and he suggested, ''maybe I should try the American embassy for advice''! Considering I am not American, I am not sure what help they would give? These same Americans also did not know that the Vatican City is a seperate state.

Yes, Americans do things like that. I met a bunch of Americans in Rome and we were discussing withdrawing cash (I had some problem converting travellers' cheques) and he suggested, ''maybe I should try the American embassy for advice''! Considering I am not American, I am not sure what help they would give? These same Americans also did not know that the Vatican City is a seperate state.

Alright, give us a bit of a break on the Pope and Vatican City. :lol: No one on this side of the Atlantic gives a fuck about that old Nazi and his weird chimney and city-state.

Did you know that the Vatican's cash machines are in Latin?

No, I didn't. And I've been there.

No, I didn't :)

BTW, Mags, the pope is from Argentina. Why do call him a nazi ?

See? No one cares. :lol:

Forgive me. I had just woken up and I was thinking about the previous German dude for some reason.

Edited by magisme

Slightly different, I'm Northern Irish. I was staying in Canada for a while as a student a few years back and some of my house mates I guess you'd call it(?) were South Korean. Anyway we go to Pizza Hut and sit down and one of my Korean friends starts eating his slice of pizza with a knife and fork while we stare at him bewildered. Basically he assumed that in the West everything was eat with a Fork including Pizzas, it was hysterical.

Edited by AtariLegend

I guess that most of you have seen or read in the news about these young people who go on vacation to the Spanish coast and their scandals, right?.

Most of them come from UK, Germany and the Nordic countries and every summer we hear the same stories and witness the same erratical behaviours. I´m not saying Spanish people are perfect and quiet but man, those people seem to transform when they come to Spain.

They behave like animals, they are noisy, they shit and pee on the streets, they drink untill they lose their minds, they start fights, they annoy the neighbours, they beat people for no reason, they even have sex in the middle of the street without giving a shit about the people who might see the scene (children included). Some are so desperate for a drink that they do whatever they are asked to, like blow jobs in some bars. Some are so drunk that they jump from the balconies and die or are severely injured.

People think that these things only happen in Majorca and Salou but the truth is that they happen in most of the touristic places around the Mediterranean coast. Some hotels even have lists with the names of the problematic guests and don´t allow them to stay. I live in one of those places and it never ceases to amaze me that they turn so irrational, bad mannered, violent and annoying. They brag of their good manners when they are in their countries but when they come to Spain they transform into beasts. What the fuck is so wrong with them? Don´t they have any alcohol in their countries? Or are they oppressed and censored that they free themselves when they come here?.

This is not new to us, it´s a hot topic right now in the news but this has been happening for years and nobody seemed to care.

What do you guys think about the matter?

What do you mean, they don't behave this way in their own country? :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2458614/Carnage-student-pub-crawl-Liverpool-city-centre-scene-drunken-behaviour.html

Have you chaps not got a load of Italian-Americans?

Yeah...some of the biggest cunts I've ever met. They just can't let it go that they are not Italian.

How are they not Italian if they are full Italian blood?

Because there is a difference between being Italian and being of Italian heritage?

Yeah...some of the biggest cunts I've ever met. They just can't let it go that they are not Italian.

How are they not Italian if they are full Italian blood?

Because there is a difference between being Italian and being of Italian heritage?
Being born and residing in Italy is obviously a good start.

high-school-talk-about-self.gif

Those three characters are all Polish-American.

It's the expressions that count. You should know better. ;)

And I actually am Italian. I have dual citizenship....with 100% Italian blood. So there. :P

high-school-talk-about-self.gif

Those three characters are all Polish-American.

It's the expressions that count. You should know better. ;)

And I actually am Italian. I have dual citizenship....with 100% Italian blood. So there. :P

Born in Italy? :P

Back on topic ... :P

Anyone ever been to Magaluf? Apparently "mamading" is the in thing there these days. I would think there's easier ways to get a free drink than going down on 24 guys in a bar? :no:

http://gawker.com/video-of-tourist-blowing-24-men-for-free-drinks-trigger-1599702690

A Spanish resort town's sex-for-drinks game, "mamading," is out in the open now after a video of a British girl performing oral sex on 24 men in a bar went viral. Allegedly, the girl was promised one drink for the stunt.

In the video (NSFW, obviously), you can see the girl rush from guy to guy to complete the task while the bar's DJ eggs her on. This happened in Magaluf, a resort town popular with British, Irish, and Scandinavian tourists. Mayor Manuel Onieva has said he "completely rejects" the activities shown in the video and warned bars that "mamading" is breaking the law. ("Mamada" means oral sex in Spanish.) Onieva has promised a police investigation into the incident. According to comments posted on the original video, mamading is not uncommon in Magaluf bars. One user posted, 'The area continues to invent ways to attract more and more young and this year has introduced a new trend in the local bars."

Shagaluf.